Had Johnson signed...

Nobody

I know you're just trying to be positive Towelie, but never mind the fact he hasn't signed, we've been made to look right fools as well over this deal. As surely we'd have known when negotiating for Shay if he was available?

We would have gotten a young, talented, attacking central midfielder who is just as rumoured to not be injured or have problems at all. He would have represented a clear willingness to commit and invest in the first team to try keep us up this season by massively improving a position we're totally shit in.

Alternatively we could have got someone else. Weird idea I know.

Guest Heneage

I'm not annoyed we didn't get Johnson, he isn't ready to play first team Football due to injury and other rumours. We need players who can play now, I'm more annoyed nothing came of Donadel and Veloso.

We would have gotten an inexperienced, injured player with no return date, who is also a rumoured alcoholic and has played three times this season.

Indeed, he would have saved our season and kept us up O0

:frantic:

We would have gotten an inexperienced, injured player with no return date, who is also a rumoured alcoholic and has played three times this season.

Indeed, he would have saved our season and kept us up O0

Havn`t paid too much attention, but wasn`t he going to cost 8mill ? Also had a long standing ongoing pelvic problem ?  Failed medical. I`m glad would rather save the money for the summer, weather it be to get us promoted or if we survive to carry on building.

He would have failed here 5 games in with that price tag anyway.

Guest icemanblue

I'm not annoyed we didn't get Johnson, he isn't ready to play first team Football due to injury and other rumours. We need players who can play now, I'm more annoyed nothing came of Donadel and Veloso.

:lol:

To be fair, with a complete cretin in charge there is no way we were ever going to buy foreigners with potential and promise - Kinnear's a more 'good old English clogger' type of manager. The fact Xisco has barely been given a chance shows this. Despite the speculation I'm not sure that Donadel or Veloso are JFK type signings

Guest justin99.

No idea why we would have gone for him anyway.

Last thing we need is inexperienced young players who havent been getting games in our situation

The whole thing is one gigantic piddle

Mbia??

We aren't in a position to get the best untarnished players.

With a choice of tainted talented players, or reliable mediocrity, I'd go for the former every time.

There is a reason a top manager like Sir Bobby made a good club out of these types of players.

To be fair, with a complete cretin in charge there is no way we were ever going to buy foreigners with potential and promise - Kinnear's a more 'good old English clogger' type of manager. The fact Xisco has barely been given a chance shows this. Despite the speculation I'm not sure that Donadel or Veloso are JFK type signings

Which is why I said it was bollocks at the time. Kinnear probably breaks into a cold sweat at the prospect of managing Scottish or Welsh players, let alone some Portuguese international.

That OP is a complete joke.

The fact that Ashley would have invested cash into the team would of been a major sign of intent in sorting us out.

He tried, didn't he?

Also, on deadline day in our situation, showing intent isn't at the top of our priorities, staying up is. Michael Johnson would have done little to nothing to help us do that, yet now everyone are certain that we're going. Had he signed, I bet you that the tone on the forum would have been completely different.

Guest icemanblue

That OP is a complete joke.

The fact that Ashley would have invested cash into the team would of been a major sign of intent in sorting us out.

He tried, didn't he?

Also, on deadline day in our situation, showing intent isn't at the top of our priorities, staying up is. Michael Johnson would have done little to nothing to help us do that, yet now everyone are certain that we're going. Had he signed, I bet you that the tone on the forum would have been completely different.

What point are you trying to make?