State of the squad until the end of the season

toontownman

Was thinking about Xisco...Has he been playing REALLY shit?? Tbh i haven't seen much of him..But i cannot imagine him being more shit than Shola?? Im sure that IF we had a decent striker available against Sunderland instead of him we would of won..Never in my whole life have i ever seen a player so slow when turning and trying to make a quick finish...

I saw Shola get a few nice chances which he wasted because was like a fucking aircraft...

If Ryan Taylor is seriously up for it - it could be absolutely fucking massive for us. You can pinpoint other flaws amongst the squad - inconsistency in the defense, lack of leadership, centre-midfield getting walked all over... but the balance of the side is well up there. We haven't had a competent right-winger in the squad so far. Jonas has been forced onto the right where he isn't nearly as effective. Put him on the left and you've got to put up with Duff who simply negates everything.

Two productive wingers could change our season.

People are slagging this window off (rightly, tbh)... and i concede that i'm basing this mentality entirely on the word "IF"... but these two signings could be enormous for us. Weak centre-mid? No more. Productive wings? No more.

Fingers very, very firmly crossed. I really hope the two lads are up for it.

Ryan Taylor's not a winger though, he's a full back. This point seems to be missed.

Also Nolan isn't a central midfielder. He's a slow try-hard who pops up in the opposition penalty area now and then scoring fewer and fewer every season.

I forget about Xisco at times but to be fair to me so does our manager, it fact don't be fair to me our manager is a cunt and I'd like to think I am not...

But given the fact that our strikers are the walking wounded you would think he would get a run out, I admire that he hasn't yet come out and moaned about the situation, maybe the lad is really not fit at the moment and is making up the numbers but if that is the case why does Kinnear tell us rather than ignore him altogther.

If Ryan Taylor is seriously up for it - it could be absolutely fucking massive for us. You can pinpoint other flaws amongst the squad - inconsistency in the defense, lack of leadership, centre-midfield getting walked all over... but the balance of the side is well up there. We haven't had a competent right-winger in the squad so far. Jonas has been forced onto the right where he isn't nearly as effective. Put him on the left and you've got to put up with Duff who simply negates everything.

Two productive wingers could change our season.

People are slagging this window off (rightly, tbh)... and i concede that i'm basing this mentality entirely on the word "IF"... but these two signings could be enormous for us. Weak centre-mid? No more. Productive wings? No more.

Fingers very, very firmly crossed. I really hope the two lads are up for it.

Ryan Taylor's not a winger though, he's a full back. This point seems to be missed.

I haven't missed that point, actually - i know he is. There's nowt to say he won't be played on the wing, atleast at times anyway.

You seemed to be suggesting some degree of competency on the wing, that's all.

Aye i know mate... like i say - admittedly i'm basing the whole idea on a lot of ifs, buts and maybes. Just trying to be hopeful really. If he can deliver a ball into the box then we'll have a more effective wing combo than previously.

After all - he might be total gash. I haven't really seen the guy if i'm honest.

Was thinking about Xisco...Has he been playing REALLY shit?? Tbh i haven't seen much of him..But i cannot imagine him being more shit than Shola?? Im sure that IF we had a decent striker available against Sunderland instead of him we would of won..Never in my whole life have i ever seen a player so slow when turning and trying to make a quick finish...

I saw Shola get a few nice chances which he wasted because was like a fucking aircraft...

He hasn't looked too bad when I've seen him play, could do with a few games along side a steady striking partner though.

There have been a couple of rumours that he's either been injured & no one has thought to mention it or that there's an additional fee to pay should he play a certain number of games.

Or, it could just be that his English is crap & JFK has no idea how to communicate with a foreign player other than shouting louder.

Will be interesting to see if Smith will displace Butt in the middle there. His long absence has temporarily blinded me to his shitness, to the point I actually think it might be worth trying him in there instead of Butt.

I have a horrible feeling Smith is the sort of play Kinnear will "find a spot for". Lets pray he has been somehow cured.

Nolan, will need a DM next to him to get forward, JFK has said he bought him to go forward with a DM alongside him. The fact Butt is our best option for that speaks volumes. If S.Taylor isnt getting in the side it might not be a bad option to try him there, I dont think he really has the passing range though.

I think Nolan will be captain within a couple of months, if not sooner.

Don't get me wrong, but i would rather play Smith than Ameobi as a striker...Not that i rate any of these two...

By the end of last season most were agreed that Smith up front made Ameobi look like a genuine goal threat.

Don't get me wrong, but i would rather play Smith than Ameobi as a striker...Not that i rate any of these two...

I can remember seeing Ameobi take a shot, that's not something I can accuse Smith of

By the end of last season most were agreed that Smith up front made Ameobi look like a genuine goal threat.

Smith makes Ameobi look like Ibrahamovich.

Just like he makes Butt look like Mascherano.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I have half a feeling that Smith is going to come back and save our entire season. He has a lot to prove.

Would be hilarious in a way, tbh.

If Smith saves our season I'll eat the biggest hat you can find. Actually you can fill the biggest hat you can find with shit and I'll eat that. That's how certain I am that it'll never happen.

Odds on more bookings than goals again for Smith this season?

Really straight forward question.  Why?

Because even if Smith doesn't score i think he did some good stuff when he played with Owen as a striker (Cant remember which game it was)

He showed some nice flicks...I think that he would do a better job than Shola who slows down our attack way too much too often and takes something like a decade to make a shot. The defender who plays against him can make 100 push ups before he needs to make the block...

I have half a feeling that Smith is going to come back and save our entire season. He has a lot to prove.

That much your right about!

Might well mean he is trying harder though = Getting more cards, giving away more fouls than ever.

I'd like to think your feeling was right though, its kinda the same feeling as when you think you will win the lottery.

Really straight forward question.  Why?

Because even if Smith doesn't score i think he did some good stuff when he played with Owen as a striker (Cant remember which game it was)

He showed some nice flicks...I think that he would do a better job than Shola who slows down our attack way too much too often and takes something like a decade to make a shot. The defender who plays against him can make 100 push ups before he needs to make the block...

:lol: I think that was a game on your FM file. I thought Smith had some decent games in midfield, but he is like 10th best striker at the club right now.

Yeah and i agreed on that, but now i do feel that he cant be as bad as Shola has been lately...Couldn't get worse trying him with Martins when fit...maybe if he gets lucky and scores a goal and can build on from there..Confidence means everything for some players, most players i would say...

But i forgot to say one thing..I would rather play Xisco before Smith/Shola

If Smith saves our season I'll eat the biggest hat you can find. Actually you can fill the biggest hat you can find with shit and I'll eat that. That's how certain I am that it'll never happen.

mackems.gif

That's better, nothing like a bit of Smith bashing to cheer up a fucking awful day!

mackems.gif

That's better, nothing like a bit of Smith bashing to cheer up a fucking awful day!

:lol:

Smith saving the season would easily be the most bizarre development possible.

Is it really that hard to get some decent players in? If just on loan for the rest of season? To make sure that we dont get relegated because of our injuries/manager...Obviously for us it seems..

I'm off the belief (why i don't know) that he can't possibly be worse than he was first time round.

That's how bad he was. He was traumatic enough for us all to just collectively erase the memory of his play. You figure given the garbage football we play now, he can't help but be an improvement, but you're so very much wrong.

I remember when he played up front last year, and he spent most of the match behind the fucking midfielders.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'm off the belief (why i don't know) that he can't possibly be worse than he was first time round.

Welllll, you never know. Maybe the injury he's been out with isn't really an achilles injury and we've actually amputated his legs and replaced them with robotic radio controlled legs that'll be controlled by Ashley and Llambias in the crowd. I think that's why they've come back now, so they can find the best seats for radio reception and also the best view to ensure they can control good ol' Smudge to the best of their ability. The cunts. I can just see them now, sitting there in their Smith shirts, having the time of their lives. Be like playing PES 2009 in the become a legend mode! 'Can you get Alan Smith to become PFA Player of the Year, there's still time!'