Transfer window: Have we weakened or strengthened our fight against relegation?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Your thoughts please.

I have deliberately left off any "ask me in May" option because I want to know what the immediate consensus or feelings is among fans right now, as the transfer window ends.

We have improved overall, but just not enough.

Could have done with more defenders joining as well as some creativity for the midfield.

Joe playing good old dons style though so the later isn't too important to his plans  :aww:

Weakened for sure

None of the 3 players will fill the hole in Midfield we've been missing since Dyar and Speed left

Unless there's some transfer we don't know about then these 3 don't install the belief we will stay up judging by the type of players they are.

Weakened for sure

None of the 3 players will fill the hole in Midfield we've been missing since Dyar and Speed left

Unless there's some transfer we don't know about then these 3 don't install the belief we will stay up judging by the type of players they are.

You do realize that we're comparing it to where we were a couple of weeks ago, and not to Sir Bobby's Champions League qualifying team? ???

Strengthened, we got rid of Charlie N'zogbia who despite being one of our best players, was becoming a disruptive influence by the sounds of things, he generally seems like a twat too.

Shay Given was a brilliant servent to the club, he is a brilliant shot stopper, but I don't think we have lost too much quality in this position as to be totally honest I think Harper could potentially be the England keeper if he gets a long enough stint as our number 1 goalkeeper. The two aren't much different really Shay has always been number 1 because of his International career and reputation, but in Ireland there is less competition for that place compared to what there is for Englands number 1.

Kevin Nolan, someone who is no stranger to a bit of a relegation fight, he is quite a decent player and is the sought of player who will organise and lead by example, he is probably our best central midfielder now, but we'll see how he does...

Lovenkrandz has shown a good bit of energy and I think he could be another to show people the way forward, he appears to be an organizer and I think he might pose a threat to teams.

Taylor provides cover at right back and you can also push him into midfield if you have to, with Midfield being in my opinion the worst area of our team I think the cover and increased choice there can only benefit us. If Nolan, Lovenkrandz and Taylor can push out the likes of Duff and Barton then i'll be happy.

We have more money now also, however whether or not that gets put back into the club remains to be seen, I doubt it will though.

I think we're in pretty much the same position.

Zoggy was never fucking playing anyway and people can hardly say Given would make a difference - there's nothing in the previous two games alone to show that he would have not conceded the goals Harper has.

We're no nearer to relegation, no further away.

Goalkeeping - Weakened

Defending - No change

Creativity - Weakened

Scoring Goals - Strengthened

Pace - Weakened

Squad depth - strengthened

Peter's just as fast as Charlie.

Indeed, but he's going to play less, making his pace less of a factor to the team.

Seeing as we sold 2 players who had no intention of playing for us again and bringing in 3 who did then I'd say we've strengthened.

Getting players back from injury will be the key to staying up, not signing about 5 players in January imo.  :undecided:

Guest aoliversaknob

Slightly strengthned possibly, then again maybe not. Have shown no direction or leadership and as far as I can see and have  had our pants taken down and shafted well and truley by Man City.  

You telling me we were ever serious about buying Johnson????????????????  Sure a bluffed attempt to look like we were going to spend some true cash.............. when anybody in there right mind would have sorted it as part of the given deal.  Either getting wool pulled over our eyes or they really are as bad at football managment as I believe the fookers to be!

Either way it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :angry:

If Owen, Barton, Beye and Guthrie had been sold, which their injuries have effectively equated to, how the hell has signing 3 squad players improved us with another outfield player gone?

The 3 would have been decent IF none of those key players hadn't been fucked - exactly the type of players we should have brought in in the summer. To bring them in now as "replacements" for players as crucial as at least 3 of those 4 is the ultimate in pissing in a hurricane.

Goalkeeping - Weakened

Defending - No change

Creativity - Weakened

Scoring Goals - Strengthened

Pace - Weakened

Squad depth - strengthened

Peter's just as fast as Charlie.

Indeed, but he's going to play less, making his pace less of a factor to the team.

I reckon Lovenkrands could potentially play more. Jonas is first choice on the left and it seems Duff is/was first choice on the right so N'Zogbia was probably looking at bench time anyway.

If Owen, Barton, Beye and Guthrie had been sold, which their injuries have effectively equated to, how the hell has signing 3 squad players improved us with another outfield player gone?

The 3 would have been decent IF none of those key players hadn't been fucked - exactly the type of players we should have brought in in the summer. To bring them in now as "replacements" for players as crucial as at least 3 of those 4 is the ultimate in pissing in a hurricane.

So we needed 7 or 8 new players, in January, ready to go into the first team? Desirable, but not possible.

I was just talking about context earlier, but putting it all aside and just taking N'Zogbia as a wantaway etc. I'd say very slightly strengthened. By opinion really depends upon how Lovenkrands turns out.