Wise - On His Way Out?

Crumpy Gunt

Acording to Niall Hickman in The Express(?)

Paving the way for Shearer or Bruce to take over.

He started well as well.

All that matters for me.

You'd want Shearer?

Can you really blame us for wanting Shearer? Local hero, motivated, honest, should have the players respect and, most importantly, not Joe fucking Kinnear.

He started well as well.

All that matters for me.

You'd want Shearer?

Can you really blame us for wanting Shearer? Local hero, motivated, honest, should have the players respect and, most importantly, not Joe f***ing Kinnear.

Wasn't blaming you, of course it makes sense looking at it that way, it's just my opinion that I can't see it working out, at the present time.

He started well as well.

All that matters for me.

You'd want Shearer?

His name isn't Joe Kinnear. Good enough for me.

He started well as well.

All that matters for me.

You'd want Shearer?

Can you really blame us for wanting Shearer? Local hero, motivated, honest, should have the players respect and, most importantly, not Joe f***ing Kinnear.

Wasn't blaming you, of course it makes sense looking at it that way, it's just my opinion that I can't see it working out, at the present time.

He just has to be better than Kinnear, which would mean keeping us up fairly comfortably. Most of us would see that as a successful start.

And should we be relegated under him, we will all just blame it on Kinnear/Ashley anyway, and he'd still be given a chance in the Championship. I can also see a lot more players wanting to stay should the worst happen if Alan was in charge rather than Joe.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/83075/Exclusive-Finally-a-Wise-move-by-Ashley

DENNIS WISE is poised to be axed from Mike Ashley’s Newcastle boardoom staff, clearing the way for Alan Shearer or Steve Bruce to take over as manager in the summer.

Wise, the club’s executive director of football, was a controversial appointment by Magpies owner Ashley last year. And his arrival was widely pinpointed as the main reason behind Kevin Keegan’s decision to walk out of St James’ Park in September.

Shearer and Bruce have been unofficially sounded out,  and both hinted a move would be a non-starter if Wise was still pocketing his extraordinary wages of £1.2million per year.

Wise, who is based in London, was employed as a football ‘wheeler and dealer’. But he was an unlikely choice, having little experience.

It is understood neither Wigan manager Bruce nor former Magpies favourite Shearer would even consider a move with Wise in situ.

Shearer, especially, would be a hugely popular choice on Tyneside.

Newcastle legend Shearer has hinted he would have no problem working with Ashley, despite the chequered record since he bought the club

19 months ago from Freddy Shepherd for £134m. But the same cannot be said for Wise.

Similarly Bruce would not even consider the job with Wise in place.

Ashley has been impressed with the way Geordie-born Bruce, the former Manchester United defender, has steered Wigan into the upper echelons of the Premier League on a limited budget.

Bruce was willing to take over from Sir Bobby Robson at St James’ five years ago but a compensation agreement between Newcastle and his then-club Birmingham could not be reached.

However, Bruce has always expressed a desire to boss the Magpies one day, to fulfil a boyhood dream.

Wise played no part in last week’s deal to secure keeper Steve Harper on a new long-term contract.

Football secretary Lee Charnley was in charge of discussions. But that posed this obvious question: What exactly does Wise do to earn such lavish pay?

Wise has not been seen at a Newcastle game since the FA Youth Cup match against QPR several weeks ago, and he played no significant role in yesterday’s last-ditch transfer deadline business.

He was instrumental in buying Spanish flop Xisco, a £5.8million purchase from Deportivo La Coruna who has started just three league games since his arrival last summer.

Wise has had successes in the transfer market, though, such as Jonas Gutierrez and Sebastien Bassong. But his popularity on Tyneside remains zero as fans believe his presence, at the head of the so-called ‘Cockney mafia’, was the over-riding reason behind Keegan’s departure.

Owner Ashley has also been impressed with the way that Joe Kinnear has taken on the manager’s role even though the Magpies have won just four out of 20 games under his tenure.

Ashley is simply hoping Kinnear, who has a proven track record in relegation battles, can steer the club free of the drop zone even though they have been hampered by one injury after another.

Frank Gilmour, who is the chairman of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters’ Association, said: “I’d be delighted if Mike Ashley cut Dennis Wise adrift and I’m sure all Newcastle fans would feel the same as well.

“He is a problem. He’s the reason Kevin Keegan left.

“Ashley stuck by Wise and lost Kevin Keegan, and I can guarantee that Newcastle would not be in the situation we are now had Keegan not left.

“I don’t think Joe Kinnear is the right man.

“He has done a good job in terms of holding things together. But if we are going to be ambitious he is not the guy who will take us to the very top where we want to be.”

Bruce ?

HAve expectations gone down so much since the fat bastard would have been lynched for even thinking about him ?

On the plus side, he might bring N'Zogbia back with him.

He started well as well.

All that matters for me.

You'd want Shearer?

He just has to be better than Kinnear, which would mean keeping us up fairly comfortably. Most of us would see that as a successful start.

And should we be relegated under him, we will all just blame it on Kinnear/Ashley anyway, and he'd still be given a chance in the Championship. I can also see a lot more players wanting to stay should the worst happen if Alan was in charge rather than Joe.

I just want it to happen so that it's over with. He'll either take us forward, or we'll be able to move on.

I've heard he's walked cos Kinnear signed Nolan behind his back, he wanted Donadel.

Sounds likely. Kinnear is a fucking relic like most of his signings. If Ashley backed him against Wise when he wasn't prepared to do it for Keegan we can only assume the lard is seeping into his brain.

On a purely monetary level it makes complete sense. Ashley is (supposedly) concerned about the fact that NUFC is losing millions per year (35 million loss last year) and yet he has a massiev office in London headed by a very unpopular person who makes 1.2 million per year. Just firing Wise and closing teh London NUFC office would probably save at least 2 million per year (conservatyive estimate).