Post-Kinnear Appointment

oldtype

Because if we value our survival, replacing Kinnear is a matter of when, not a matter of if.

Because even if Kinnear somehow saves us from relegation he sure as f***ing hell better be gone by the summer.

Because I really just can't be bothered with the "who would come to us if we sacked Kinnear?" questions anymore.

If we were to sack Joe Kinnear (hopefully in the very near future) who would you want as his successor?

For arguments sake, let's assume that Dennis Wise is sacked and there won't be any issues over whether the new manager could work within "the system." Let's only talk about the inherent qualities of the managers here, you can discuss the incompetence of our boardroom elsewhere.

Trespassers making posts to the effect of "Who we appoint won't matter without an owner who backs their manager" will be shot.

Some ideas, by order of preference:

Steve Bruce: For obvious reasons

Fatih Terim: Top coach. Keen on returning to club management. Has expressed interest in the past. And I just love Turks for no reason in particular.

Aidy Boothroyd: Was once the "next big thing" in English management, has a lot to prove now. Could we give him a shot at redemption?

Roberto Martinez: I honestly know absolutely nothing about the bloke, but people seem to think it's a good idea

Alan Shearer: Because this discussion can't be had without his name coming up.

Temuri Ketsbaia>:D

Sorry, but it's way too soon to think about this. I know that it's hard for us Toon fans not to have to think about who the next manager is going to be, but as long as Kinnear is in charge, I'd rather not have this debate.

Sorry, but it's way too soon to think about this. I know that it's hard for us Toon fans not to have to think about who the next manager is going to be, but as long as Kinnear is in charge, I'd rather not have this debate.

It's been talked about scattershot in a bunch of other threads for weeks now. Might as well have its own.

Why do people insist on starting loads of separate threads that are round about ways of saying the same things that have been said loads before or are scattered in other threads?

You could talk about the different qualities of each manager all you want, we'll never have a say in who takes the 'hot seat'. You say "Kinnear best be gone by the summer"... or what? You'll still tune in/turn up and carry on like business is normal.

Why do people insist on starting loads of separate threads that are round about ways of saying the same things that have been said loads before or are scattered in other threads?

You could talk about the different qualities of each manager all you want, we'll never have a say in who takes the 'hot seat'. You say "Kinnear best be gone by the summer"... or what? You'll still tune in/turn up and carry on like business is normal.

I agree, it's a huge problem that we're talking about Newcastle on this Newcastle discussion board.

Title makes me feel bad for all the people that wake up tomorrow thinking :kinnear: has been sacked.

Good point, I'm gonna change it.

Would be out for murder if that happened to me.

:lol: Part of me doesn't want you to. Think they'd value that brief moment of joy.

I agree, it's a huge problem that we're talking about Newcastle on this Newcastle discussion board.

Based on your argument I could start a thread asking people what they think Nicky Butts favourite colour is? It's still related but ultimately irrelevant.

I just don't see the point making threads when the same stuff is being talked about in numerous other threads. Don't take it personally.

Part of me thinks we should just have Shearer so he can (most likley) fail spectacularly and we can all move on and get over it.

I would have just about anyone over Kinnear. Of recent players only Ketsy and Speed actually have their badges/qualifications in order... and to be honest I would take either of them in a heartbeat to lead us in our current relegation battle because I am just plain desperate.

Based on your argument I could start a thread asking people what they think Nicky Butts favourite colour is? It's still related but ultimately irrelevant.

I just don't see the point making threads when the same stuff is being talked about in numerous other threads. Don't take it personally.

That analogy makes no sense at all and I think you're just being a tit for no reason.

Not taken personally at all, of course.

That analogy makes no sense at all and I think you're just being a tit for no reason.

Not taken personally at all, of course.

You know what? I probably am. I'm fed up and this whole thing depresses me.

Night.  :kinnear:

Tony Mowbray  :thup:

I understand that there's a lot of sympathy for Mowbray's "style of football," but I've never found him particularly impressive.

Then again, I tend to be biased against managers who shaft my countrymen.

Ketsbaia.  Absolutely Ketsbaia.  We don't need a manager capable of managing the madness of this club, we need a manager mental enough to embrace it.  Someone who won't crack under the weight of expectation and show their age, but who will thrive because of it and get better.  Someone who won't shout at players because of poor performances, but may physically harm them instead.

Give Ketsbaia the job and a 357 magnum and this club will be fixed in no time. 

Ketsbaia.  Absolutely Ketsbaia.  We don't need a manager capable of managing the madness of this club, we need a manager mental enough to embrace it.  Someone who won't crack under the weight of expectation and show their age, but who will thrive because of it and get better.  Someone who won't shout at players because of poor performances, but may physically harm them instead.

Give Ketsbaia the job and a 356 magnum and this club will be fixed in no time. 

:lol:

Terim is a manager of a club team at present, isn't he?  I was pretty certain until i read that.

No club listed on Wiki. Are you sure you're not thinking of Zico? He was interested in the job as well, but ended taking another job.

Terim is a manager of a club team at present, isn't he?  I was pretty certain until i read that.

As far as I know he's still with Turkey.

Ah after looking wikipedia, I got confused with Aragones who's managing Fenerbahce now.