JFK made an approach for Kieran Richardson.

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4890853,00.html

As it says, JFK made an approach for Richardson. But was obviously knocked back. Would people around here have him? I'd be tentative.

I think its more poignant with "Chopra Gate" but would you consider signing one of Sunderlands current playing staff, like they have done with Caldwell and Chopra in the past. I know some fans on both sides are 110% against signing a player from the other side. Personally I would take Cisse and he depends on whether you consider him a Sunderland player or not.

If we stretch out further, would Middlesborough be considered signing from a rival ?

I couldn't care less where they're from if they're a good player. If they're a proper professional then they wouldn't let their previous allegiances cloud what they do at their current club (see Clark, possibly Chopra).

I'd take Malbranque, Gordon, Jones, Cisse (assuming he joins permanently from Marseille) from them quite happily.

Guest LucaAltieri

I wouldnt not sign him because he plays for Sunderland, I wouldnt sign him because hes shit.

This.

I would repeatedly sign their best player, just to fuck them off. Richardson, however, is wank.

Guest The Libertine

another player "not good enough for us" i see.

Good for you that you find wisdom in blowing more money than we got for Shay Given on a mediocre player in a position we do not need.

where did i say that?

im saying that nearly every player we're linked with is "not good enough for us" despite us demanding new players. just an observation.

Good for you that you find wisdom in blowing more money than we got for Shay Given on a mediocre player in a position we do not need.

where did i say that?

im saying that nearly every player we're linked with is "not good enough for us" despite us demanding new players. just an observation.

It's not a matter of good or bad, he's in the wrong position. There really would have been no point.

Guest The Libertine

where did i say that?

It's not a matter of good or bad, he's in the wrong position. There really would have been no point.

most other posts in here have called him shit.

i agree its not a position we need to work on of course.

I think he's decent. Absolutely no point in putting a bid in for him though because not only do we have enough "decent players", but our best winger is most effective on the left, Sunderland would never have accepted any sort of bid from us for one of their better players on deadline day, and he is probably the last player we need at the minute looking at the posituions where we are weak in and type of players we need.

Guest Heneage

Personally I'd be quite happy for Cisse, Malbranque and Ferdinand to join our ranks. Malbranque especially, he's a bit of creativity and has looked good when I've seen them play.

Personally I'd be quite happy for Cisse, Malbranque and Ferdinand to join our ranks. Malbranque especially, he's a bit of creativity and has looked good when I've seen them play.

Would rather Saylor than Ferdinand