Micah Richards arrested

Guest toonlass

Every time I see a thread title like this I hope for something a bit more exciting than a player doing something stupid at a nightclub.

We need an OJ type of story, could you imagine turning on Sky News to see live helicopter shots of Rooney or Lampard being chased through the streets after murdering someone? Preferrably Jamie Redknapp.

Every time I see a thread title like this I hope for something a bit more exciting than a player doing something stupid at a nightclub.

We need an OJ type of story, could you imagine turning on Sky News to see live helicopter shots of Rooney or Lampard being chased through the streets after murdering someone? Preferrably Jamie Redknapp.

"STOP RUNNING, WE JUST WANT TO THANK YOU!"

We need an OJ type of story, could you imagine turning on Sky News to see live helicopter shots of Rooney or Lampard being chased through the streets after murdering someone? Preferably 'Arry Redknapp.

FYP

Why do some players let themselves in for it though?  Surely they know they're going to get a load of stick from any fans of other teams (& their own fans if they've been shit).

I'm pretty sure they don't do it on purpose.  It's called being drunk and not being able to control yourself and be aware of the consequences.

Why do some players let themselves in for it though?  Surely they know they're going to get a load of stick from any fans of other teams (& their own fans if they've been shit).

I'm pretty sure they don't do it on purpose.  It's called being drunk and not being able to control yourself and be aware of the consequences.

I can think of a couple who might do it on purpose.

Regardless of that, why have their managers or agents not sat them down & told them that as a professional footballer, especially in the Premiership, they should probably not go anywhere near any public pubs or nightclubs?  Private events are fine since they're more strictly controlled but some random nightclub in Manchester, London, Liverpool or down the Quayside is always going to get it's fair share of drunks up for a fight with a celebrity.