Sunderland season tickets next year will cost £19

Felling Mag

For under 16s accompanied by an adult.

Is this desperation or a great gesture?

http://www.safc.com/tickets/?page_id=16654

If they are not selling out every week then it makes perfect business sense.  I would imagine the U16's sell more club merchandise than any other age group. And if there are going with their parents they are likely to try and squeeze more money out of them. So it's a good idea from that a long term business/finance point of view.

Lets be honest if a club can sell a season ticket at full price or even a full junior or OAP price it's not going to sell them at £16.

Sunderland obviously have a problem with the stadium only about 65% full for some games so good luck to them in trying to fill up with what are virtually freebies. But it's more desperation than kind gesture.

Every club (and leisure business) in the land is going to suffer in the next few years as the economic depression bites hard so most clubs will have to look at ways to keep the punters coming through the gates.

Cracking idea. Wouldn't happen if the ground was full, obviously, but that doesn't detract from it being a great gesture - they could easily have made it £49 and everyone would have been impressed. £1 a game for the season is superb.

Well with all this bloody TV rights money being given to the clubs these days its about fucking time they set affordable prices for fans. I cant imagine we'll be doing this anytime soon....

But I think it is true that the mackems obviously have a problem trying to fill their stadium.....but nonetheless fair play.

I have a mate in Germany whos a big Werder Bremen fan and he's able to get tickets for €10! Sickening.

Guest toonlass

Their season tickets are coming down by at least £30 too. I think that its an important thing for clubs to do, get the bairns in, keep the prices affordable and keep the bairns as supporters for life. Simple really.