Small club traits

Mowen

Alright, so there are forever 'big club' arguments on this board, and let's face it - they're about as exciting as Spurs ITKs. So I thought I'd put a different slant on it. What is the one factor beyond all others that defines a club as being 'small'?

There's only one contender for me: playing music after a goal. Almost as cringeworthy as having a full size model shark in your bedroom.

Lack of ambition -- although this is also down to the fans as well.  If the fans are happy with league 2 mid table mediocrity then this isn't a negative, it's just the realization of as far as their ambition goes.

Taking banners to games that make reference to your local rivals, even though you aren't playing them. Exactly what the Mackems did the other night at Blackburn, with a huge "FTM" banner. Obssesive or what?

If i was going to spend time/money on a flag, i'd make sure it had something to do with my own club.

I agree with those against playing music after goals too. I'd love to kick that DJ at Wigan all over the ground. Not that i'm bitter against them of course.  :knuppel2:

Guest guinness_fiend

Does it matter in the slightest?  I do not care if people support a team with 20 or 20,000 fans.  It is the passion and support, through thick and thin, that counts.  I cannot stand the elitism that goes with the self-certified "big" club tag.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Running towards the away section when scoring a goal and invading the pitch after the first victory against your local rivals in God knows how long e.g. SAFC

a club is small when despite not being a fan of either team, i have managed to secure best seats in the house for watford v chelsea and fulham v man united. these are 2 of the biggest games of each clubs season.

Not many season ticket holders have taken up their option on the Chelsea game. It's not worth the price, is at an awkward time, is on TV and Chelsea will probably field a shit team. It'll be an awful game to watch as well, with two sides playing similarly poor football. Plus it's Valentine's Day, so a few are out 'cause of that.

I'm not sure why I'm protesting against this criticism though, because we are practically the definition of small club.

a club is small when despite not being a fan of either team, i have managed to secure best seats in the house for watford v chelsea and fulham v man united. these are 2 of the biggest games of each clubs season.

Not many season ticket holders have taken up their option on the Chelsea game. It's not worth the price, is at an awkward time, is on TV and Chelsea will probably field a s*** team. It'll be an awful game to watch as well, with two sides playing similarly poor football. Plus it's Valentine's Day, so a few are out 'cause of that.

I'm not sure why I'm protesting against this criticism though, because we are practically the definition of small club.

yeah, i actually quite like watford, not criticisig them as such but i was quite surprised to get tickets to this (albeit pleased!) make sure you beat those jammy chelsea twats by the way  O0