TV Rights 2010-2013

Minhosa

See Sky have won 4 of the 6 packages on offer, nicking one back from those feckless bastards Setanta who have won back 2.

Does anyone know which one Sky have got back?

I'm hoping it's monday nights but the radio didn't mention which it was earlier.

Ta in advance.

Just picked this up off BBC site;

Number of games to be shown per season 2010-2013 by BSkyB: 115

Number of games to be shown per season 2010-2013 by Setanta: 23

Value of first Premier League TV deal in 1992-1997: £191m (60 matches per season)

Value of 2010-2013 Premier League TV deal: £1.782bn (138 matches per season)

Just over twice the number of games per season since 1997.

Just over 6 times the cost.

Some increase that.

Sky offer a far superior football coverage.  They got decent people in compred to Shitanta, who always seem amature.

:thdn: Nothing compares to the moon pie with an afro that is Pat Dolan spouting complete nonsense.

Sky offer a far superior football coverage.  They got decent people in compred to Shitanta, who always seem amature.

:thdn: Nothing compares to the moon pie with an afro that is Pat Dolan spouting complete nonsense.

Touché, sir.

Regardless of whether SKY provide better coverage, i dont believe its good for English footy fans.

IMO a freeview channel should get at least one game a week, then Sky and Setanta can have the rest.

I'm not too fussed anyway, my Euro dish provides me all the Sky n Setanta games and more, for no cost.

Guest kirkpatrick9

Regardless of whether SKY provide better coverage, i dont believe its good for English footy fans.

IMO a freeview channel should get at least one game a week, then Sky and Setanta can have the rest.

I'm not too fussed anyway, my Euro dish provides me all the Sky n Setanta games and more, for no cost.

I concur with a freeview channel being allowed to get a proportion of games, get this idea sent off to some consumer groups mate.

Guest ToonArmyUSA

Does anyone know if that # for Setanta is up/down @ 23 games per season?

Just trying to get an idea if their coverage will be any better/worse than it is now in respect to amount of games televised. Reason i ask is Setanta is the network i have over here.

Guest ToonArmyUSA

Thank you Dave.

23 did appear like a small # for a season. Setanta USA does not air golf,boxing or cricket. The channel is 95% EPL/FA & a whole lot of rugby.