Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Thought it'd be better to split this from the Pre-Match thread:

NUFC Statement - Joe Kinnear

On Saturday morning Joe Kinnear reported feeling unwell at the team hotel ahead of Newcastle United's game at West Bromwich Albion.

After being examined by the Club's medical staff Joe was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure where he remains under observation.

Joe will miss the game, with Chris Hughton taking charge of the team at The Hawthorns.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1548831,00.html

On Saturday morning Joe Kinnear reported feeling unwell at the team hotel ahead of Newcastle United's game at West Bromwich Albion.

After being examined by the Club's medical staff Joe was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure where he remains under observation.

Joe will miss the game, with Chris Hughton taking charge of the team at The Hawthorns.

I don't wish him any ill at all but I hope this puts an end to any thought of him ever becoming full time manager.

I don't wish him any ill at all but I hope this puts an end to any thought of him ever becoming full time manager.

I know what you mean Mick.

Ever since he first came to the club, I've worried about how his health might affect all of this. I wouldn't be suprised if this was a heart problem.

The man is a f***ing awful manager, but a decent man. I hope he gets well soon :thup:

Guest johnson293

^ This.

Get Well Joe, but hopefully this shows that maybe (hopefully) his health/ticker isn't up to the stresses of longterm premiership management.

I know what you mean Mick.

Ever since he first came to the club, I've worried about how his health might affect all of this. I wouldn't be suprised if this was a heart problem.

The man is a fucking awful manager, but I hope he gets well soon :thup:

As far as we know (and should hope) it could be something minor like suspected appendicitis turning out to be a bad curry.

I'm no fan of Kinnear the football manager, but unleess he has something that will negatively impact his work on a day to day basis, we shouldn't be making his health an issue.