Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

As far as we know (and should hope) it could be something minor like suspected appendicitis turning out to be a bad curry.

I'm no fan of Kinnear the football manager, but unleess he has something that will negatively impact his work on a day to day basis, we shouldn't be making his health an issue.

His health is an issue though, people who have had heart attacks are told to avoid stress as all costs and football is a stressful business, you can't separate the two.

Thought it'd be better to split this from the Pre-Match thread:

NUFC Statement - Joe Kinnear

On Saturday morning Joe Kinnear reported feeling unwell at the team hotel ahead of Newcastle United's game at West Bromwich Albion.

After being examined by the Club's medical staff Joe was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure where he remains under observation.

Joe will miss the game, with Chris Hughton taking charge of the team at The Hawthorns.

I don't wish him any ill at all but I hope this puts an end to any thought of him ever becoming full time manager.

^ This.

Get Well Joe, but hopefully this shows that maybe (hopefully) his health/ticker isn't up to the stresses of longterm premiership management.

Agree with this, get well soon Joe, thanks for your efforts and enjoy your retirement..

Thought it'd be better to split this from the Pre-Match thread:

NUFC Statement - Joe Kinnear

On Saturday morning Joe Kinnear reported feeling unwell at the team hotel ahead of Newcastle United's game at West Bromwich Albion.

After being examined by the Club's medical staff Joe was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure where he remains under observation.

Joe will miss the game, with Chris Hughton taking charge of the team at The Hawthorns.

I don't wish him any ill at all but I hope this puts an end to any thought of him ever becoming full time manager.

This.

I actually mentioned something similar in a conversation yesterday. I think this is my fault. :blush:

Any hope of any points goes out of the window with Hughton in charge I fear.  Joe may be incompetent but he's still a step up from Hughton.

Get well soon Joe.

I don't agree about the points going out of the window, we haven't got the same problems as we had when Houghton was last in charge.

As far as we know (and should hope) it could be something minor like suspected appendicitis turning out to be a bad curry.

I'm no fan of Kinnear the football manager, but unleess he has something that will negatively impact his work on a day to day basis, we shouldn't be making his health an issue.

His health is an issue though, people who have had heart attacks are told to avoid stress as all costs and football is a stressful business, you can't separate the two.

And football today is a hell of alot more stressful than it was 10 years ago IMO. I wouldn't be suprised if it came as a big shock to him when he first came.

The man can barely finish an interview without running out of breath, nevermind a training session or match.

Like I said, I hate Kinnear the manager, but I just think it would be unfair on anyone to jump to the heart problems conclusion while we await further news.

Just what we need, if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

Whatever anyone reckons of JFK he's a bloody sight better than Hughton, maybe Calderwood might take charge instead, with him having previous managerial experience?

Get well soon, recover speedily but stay the fuk away from this job.

Whatever anyone reckons of JFK he's a bloody sight better than Hughton, maybe Calderwood might take charge instead, with him having previous managerial experience?

Good shout.

Good shout.

Well .cock says Hughton's in charge, but at least he has a more senior support team this time around.

Like I said, I hate Kinnear the manager, but I just think it would be unfair on anyone to jump to the heart problems conclusion while we await further news.

Thinking it's his heart is natural considering his medical history but you're right that it could be anything.

Guest GAMMELL

Breaking news: N'Zogbia rushed into hospital with a strange facial spasm.

Edit: False alarm. He heard the news, smiled for the first time and panicked.

:lol: :harry:

Guest LucaAltieri

Oh for fuck's sake. We're getting into the region of "must win" games now. Really bad timing. We need to beat Albion.