Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Guest sicko2ndbest

Former Tottenham manager Juande Ramos, who is now caretaker manager at Real Madrid, says he has been offered a return to the Premier League and is considering taking the job. He has been linked with Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/4688427/Newcastles-Joe-Kinnear-recovering-well-after-heart-bypass-surgery.html

Hughton said: "Everything that we've heard is good news. He is recovering well. He moved into his own room today and his progress has been good.

"I have spoken to Joe. I have rung him a few times, but I appreciate where he is and that's he's not going to be accessible.

"He's had major surgery and we are only five days post-surgery.

"But at some stage he will be very much itching to get on the phone and to know what's happening. At what stage that will be I'm not sure, but it will no doubt be at the earliest convenience.

"Joe is the kind of person who will find it hard to take a backward step from it all. He is the type who always wants to be very involved, he's used to being on the training pitch and in the middle of everything. When you are like that it is difficult. But Joe will be back. The way we are looking at it is, the statement we made last week, that he would be away for a two-month period, still applies."

Got to be a case of letting him down gently in the summer.

I know it was £20k per game, hope Ashley is stll paying him even though he's not there, don't want him rushing back for the missing money.

Offer him a job somewhere in the reserves or academy,.

Got to be a case of letting him down gently in the summer.

I know it was £20k per game, hope Ashley is stll paying him even though he's not there, don't want him rushing back for the missing money.

Offer him a job somewhere in the reserves or academy,.

I don't know if he would take a lesser job but it would be nice to keep Joe around if he wants to stay in some capacity. He's not good enough to be a manager, but his passion for the job has been good for us IMO.

If Wenger rates him as a scout, he must be at least competent at the role. Offer him an upstairs role working in tandem with Wise or a scouting role or whatever.

Whoever said offer him a job in the reserves or academy is surely joking, Kinnear fucking hates our youth players, that's why he never plays them :lol:

Kinnear would ruin our academy.

If Wenger rates him as a scout, he must be at least competent at the role. Offer him an upstairs role working in tandem with Wise or a scouting role or whatever.

Whoever said offer him a job in the reserves or academy is surely joking, Kinnear fucking hates our youth players, that's why he never plays them :lol:

what?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1563027,00.html

JOE Kinnear has thanked all his well-wishers as the Newcastle United boss recovers from surgery.

Joe underwent a triple heart bypass operation last Friday and is hoping to leave hospital over the weekend and return home.

The Magpies boss said: "I'd really like to thank everyone for all their best wishes while I've been in hospital.

"I had the operation last Friday and since then it's just been a case of taking it easy. The doctors have told me everything has gone well, I feel OK and hope to be able to go home on Sunday.

"I'll be ringing Chris (Hughton) to say Good Luck to him and the boys for Sunday's game. I'll be glued to the television cheering them on and hopefully the lads can build on the win they had against West Bromwich Albion and pick up another three points.

"I know the fans will be right behind the team again on Sunday. I said from day one when I took over that they are the 12th man for us and they have a big role to play for us again as always at the weekend.

"I've been really touched by all the messages I've had from people over the last two weeks. I'd like to thank everyone for that and I hope to see you all again soon."

Whoever said offer him a job in the reserves or academy is surely joking, Kinnear f***ing hates our youth players, that's why he never plays them :lol:

what?

Kinnear did some scouting and other work for Arsenal and Wenger while he was out of management.

Whoever said offer him a job in the reserves or academy is surely joking, Kinnear f***ing hates our youth players, that's why he never plays them :lol:

what?

Kinnear did some scouting and other work for Arsenal and Wenger while he was out of management.

buh?  :kinnear:

I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't been picked up, unless I've missed it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7876467.stm

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear has returned home to continue his recovery after undergoing triple heart bypass surgery.

Kinnear was released from hospital on Saturday and is expected to be off work for at least two months.

The 62-year-old, who has a history of heart trouble, was taken ill before Newcastle's match at West Brom last Saturday, which the Magpies won 3-2.

"The doctors said it went well - I feel OK," he told the club website.

Kinnear's side took a point from their clash with Everton this Sunday - a game Kinnear promised to follow on television.

Assistant Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood have taken charge of team affairs in Kinnear's absence and have the task of guiding the Magpies to safety.

A five-point cushion currently exists between the Tynesiders and the relegation zone, although they have meetings with Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Aston Villa, the current top five, before the season ends. 

Kinnear, who had a heart attack 10 years ago while in charge of Wimbledon, had spent several years out of football before taking over in the wake of Kevin Keegan's departure in September 2008.

Earlier this month, Kinnear delayed signing a contract extension, revealing he had been offered an improved two-year deal to stay at St James' Park.

He originally arrived as an interim manager and his current deal ends at the end of the season.

Guest Geordiesned

This may be posted elsewhere but did anyone hear the song that Sky played to accompany their little montage of Kinnear at the start of the Newcastle/Everton coverage?

White Lies - To Lose My Life

:kasper:

Guest timmy boy

This may be posted elsewhere but did anyone hear the song that Sky played to accompany their little montage of Kinnear at the start of the Newcastle/Everton coverage?

White Lies - To Lose My Life

:kasper:

I noticed that, didn't the P.A play it as well before the game?

If we still give him a long term deal then how can anyone have any sort of faith in Ashley?

Soon there will be a thread on how NUSC is to blame for JFK's long contract.  :frantic:

Stop being so silly Parky. Whatever hope I personally had left for Ashley's regime will vanish if Kinnear is still here in the Summer.