Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Guest LucaAltieri

well i dont wish joe any ill, but maybe something good could come out of this???  maybe he will realise he cant handle it and a decent manager might come in?

or pigs might fly?

You'd still need to find someone who wants the job and isn't shit.

well i dont wish joe any ill, but maybe something good could come out of this???  maybe he will realise he cant handle it and a decent manager might come in?

or pigs might fly?

Panic stations at boardroom level if that happenned. They wouldn't know what to do.

Guest The Libertine

Would have made more sense to put Calderwood in charge for this match surely?

probably too late now. hughton would have been involved all week in the prep work, so sadly this is the most logical step.

Get well soon Joe..

Still, no surprise. His mental health had been waning ever since he was appointed, now it's getting to him physically (the transfer window won't have helped). The man isn't up to the task of managing us on so many levels. it's unreal. Sort it out Ashley!

Guest marky555

Previous health problems + managing Newcastle United = More health problems.    Didn't even need Carol Vorderman for that one.

probably too late now. hughton would have been involved all week in the prep work, so sadly this is the most logical step.

It is the most logical step because Hugton is the Assistant Manager.

or pigs might fly?

Joe Kinnear goes and we're left high and dry, crashing further towards relegation to the Championship IMO.

No half-decent, self respecting manager is going to come in now and risk being the manager that takes us down.

No matter what people think we need Kinnear until the summer, because it's him or noone.

Thought he was officially 1st team coach?

Not that it matters. Calderwood has just come through the doors so can't really shout above him, though its a bloody shame since Hughton is awful in the role he'll play today.

Bloody Hell  :kasper:

What ever we think of his managerial abilities, thats not good. Get well soon Joe

This fucking club... Ashley. Sort it out man

And what the fuck has Kinnear being unwell got to do with Ashley ?  :idiot2:

Guest The Libertine

as i said.

or pigs might fly?

Joe Kinnear goes and we're left high and dry, crashing further towards relegation to the Championship IMO.

No half-decent, self respecting manager is going to come in now and risk being the manager that takes us down.

No matter what people think we need Kinnear until the summer, because it's him or noone.

If a decent manager came in now and we happened to go down I don't think it would reflect that badly on him as long as there were signs of a more promising future.. We're that lowly now.. And don't tell me no decent manager would come here. That argument has been done to death and is, quite frankly, rubbish.

or pigs might fly?

Don't agree.

The problem last time was the nature of the temp contract and the club being up for sale.

Now we can offer a long term deal. There is a much better chance to get a decent manager IMO.

Guest marky555

What ever we think of his managerial abilities, thats not good. Get well soon Joe

This f***ing club... Ashley. Sort it out man

And what the f*** has Kinnear being unwell got to do with Ashley ?  :idiot2:

Well appointing a manager who has had serious health problems previously to do this job might just be to do with Ashley don't you think?

This fucking club... Ashley. Sort it out man

And what the fuck has Kinnear being unwell got to do with Ashley ?  :idiot2:

If the illness is discovered to be stress related, it is ultimately down to Ashley and Llambias in that they haven't provided the necessary support for Kinnear and have effectively left him out to dry.

Kinnear could have a very good legal case against NUFC if this turns out to be the case, more so than Keegan does.

Thought he was officially 1st team coach?

Not that it matters. Calderwood has just come through the doors so can't really shout above him, though its a bloody shame since Hughton is awful in the role he'll play today.

I agree Houghton was awful last time in charge, but didn't we have bigger injury problems back then? and minus Lovenkrands, Nolan and R.Taylor? - may make some difference.  Houghton would still have to perform far better than last time though!

If we lose this game because Houghton turns it shit I'd be so depressed.  This game is important.

Guest The Libertine

This f***ing club... Ashley. Sort it out man

And what the f*** has Kinnear being unwell got to do with Ashley ?  :idiot2:

Well appointing a manager who has had serious health problems previously to do this job might just be to do with Ashley don't you think?

and wise. dont forget wise. the bastard.