Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

absolutely golden opportunity to let him go, get it sorted mike

Is it?

Someone into employment law might know better, but cancelling a contract and withdrawing another based on health reasons for which NUFC may be culpable if stress related would have me consulting my lawyers if I was Kinnear.

Well we could just sack him, or ask him to resign. Either way him staying here isn't good for him OR us.

This could be a legal minefield.

JFK has time on his contract, and apparently has a hard copy of a contract the club wish to give him. NUFC could be liable for millions if they do something wrong.

Do you think the club will have given him a signed copy of the contract?  I doubt that very much, if he's got a contract it will be unsigned for him to take away and read before both sides sign it, probably after alterations have been made after haggling.

Guest The Libertine

Bloody Hell  :kasper:

What ever we think of his managerial abilities, thats not good. Get well soon Joe

This f***ing club... Ashley. Sort it out man

And what the f*** has Kinnear being unwell got to do with Ashley ?  :idiot2:

Well appointing a manager who has had serious health problems previously to do this job might just be to do with Ashley don't you think?

and wise. dont forget wise. the b******.

http://www.realestate.co.nz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/head-in-the-sand.jpg

it is automatically ashley's fault because the manager is "feeling unwell"?

any excuse for a dig.

As has been said, Ashley employed the guy - Kinnear having well known health issues in the past.

Ashley's regime has since then left Kinnear completely alone as mouthpiece for the club and it appears that the stress has taken its toll. Ashley should take responsibility for not having helped take the weight off the guys shoulders

Any excuse to defend Ashley

this is just embarrassing now. so childish.

Just like Keegan before him, Kinnear was promised investment in squad reinforcements. Just like before it didn't happen, even when we're in serious relegation trouble. Keegan walked, Kinnear apparently succombes to the pressure, which isn't surprising given his earlier health problems. Still, Ashley is a dandy fellow.

who do you blame for houllier's heart attack at liverpool?

I don't think Ashley was involved with Liverpool at the time.. Stop being overcritical on him, will you.. ;)

If the illness is discovered to be stress related, it is ultimately down to Ashley and Llambias in that they haven't provided the necessary support for Kinnear and have effectively left him out to dry.

Kinnear could have a very good legal case against NUFC if this turns out to be the case, more so than Keegan does.

That is absolute bollocks, sorry.  The club like every other employer have a duty of care towards its employees but football is a stressful business, no employer could protect him from that.

From an outside perspective, Kinnear looks to have been left to face immense pressure from the press, the fans, the players and other members of the board, with minimal support from anyone bar Hughton.

A similar comparison between now and the past when someone has done much better in a similar situation would be Freddy Shepherd.

Robert was mouthing off at Souness, and Freddy Shepherd spoke to the media and his his buffoonish manner, supported the manager and quashed the player.

Derek Llambias should have done something similar to N'Zogbia this week.

Yes, there is always stress, but there are ways of making the job less stressful, and from the outside, it appears that the likes of Llambias haven't done as much as they could have done.

Guest The Libertine

Well lets just see how your wonderful man handles the situation now becuase Joe obviously needs some back up

what did you think about the club employing SBR and roeder as manager?

Guest The Libertine

Mike Ashley didnt employ either

or souness for that matter. 3 managers with previous serious health issues appointed as manager in the last few years. tut fucking tut, eh?

Well lets just see how your wonderful man handles the situation now becuase Joe obviously needs some back up

Ever thought your as "embarrassing" & just as "childish" as the people you try to slate?

How has this turned into a Ashley good/bad thread? ???

Kinnear was always a rubbish appointment, this is hardly news.

Both me and Robster are speculating that if the illness is stress related, he could have had more support from the board from our perspectives. Very valid Ashley related argument in my opinion assuming what we see from the outside is what actually goes on behind closed doors.

Is it?

Someone into employment law might know better, but cancelling a contract and withdrawing another based on health reasons for which NUFC may be culpable if stress related would have me consulting my lawyers if I was Kinnear.

An unsigned contract is as much use as a piece of toilet roll, until it's signed it isn't legally binding and ill health is a reason to break a signed contract anyway, it's potentially frustration of contract.

http://www.emplaw.co.uk/researchfree-redirector.aspx?StartPage=data%2f040.htm

Guest The Libertine

Ever thought your as "embarrassing" & just as "childish" as the people you try to slate?

by asking how appointing a manager with a previous health complaint is worthy of ridicule, just because said manager is "feeling unwell"?

Both me and Robster are speculating that if the illness is stress related, he could have had more support from the board from our perspectives. Very valid Ashley related argument in my opinion assuming what we see from the outside is what actually goes on behind closed doors.

:thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

No doubt the fans will now sing his name with MA misinterpreting it as us wanting him as manager, as oppsed to getting well

It will be interesting to see who he replaces him with, if he does. Lets hope the new man if it happens can continue to keep the team fighting to stay up, at least, whatever Kinnear has said to the press, because the last 2 times we have went down, we went down without even a whimper.

If the illness is discovered to be stress related, it is ultimately down to Ashley and Llambias in that they haven't provided the necessary support for Kinnear and have effectively left him out to dry.

Kinnear could have a very good legal case against NUFC if this turns out to be the case, more so than Keegan does.

That is absolute bollocks, sorry.  The club like every other employer have a duty of care towards its employees but football is a stressful business, no employer could protect him from that.

From an outside perspective, Kinnear looks to have been left to face immense pressure from the press, the fans, the players and other members of the board, with minimal support from anyone bar Hughton.

A similar comparison between now and the past when someone has done much better in a similar situation would be Freddy Shepherd.

Robert was mouthing off at Souness, and Freddy Shepherd spoke to the media and his his buffoonish manner, supported the manager and quashed the player.

Derek Llambias should have done something similar to N'Zogbia this week.

Yes, there is always stress, but there are ways of making the job less stressful, and from the outside, it appears that the likes of Llambias haven't done as much as they could have done.

So a football manager will sue a club on the grounds that football clubs should make the job less stressful? :lol: