Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

by asking how appointing a manager with a previous health complaint is worthy of ridicule, just because said manager is "feeling unwell"?

I didnt think I was ridiculing him tbh.  :undecided:

I was simply saying that he needs to come out and actively be doing something to ease the burden from our Manager because he now appears to be suffering from bad health

It will be interesting to see who he replaces him with, if he does. Lets hope the new man if it happens can continue to keep the team fighting to stay up, at least, whatever Kinnear has said to the press, because the last 2 times we have went down, we went down without even a whimper.

:thup:

I hope that if we get a manager in to replace Kinnear, it's someone who can continue even if we go down. Someone for the medium/long term instead of just yet another temporary appointment. Whether that will happen is debatable.

It will be interesting to see who he replaces him with, if he does. Lets hope the new man if it happens can continue to keep the team fighting to stay up, at least, whatever Kinnear has said to the press, because the last 2 times we have went down, we went down without even a whimper.

I hope that if we get a manager in to replace Kinnear, it's someone who can continue even if we go down. Someone for the medium/long term instead of just yet another temporary appointment. Whether that will happen is debatable.

Makes the name of Steve Bruce an even more sensible option imo. Don't think he'd leave us if we went down, and has the ability to at least make us a comfortable mid-table side again. Not great, but short-medium-term it's a bit of stability.

I'd want a continental manager without much knowledge of the current squad and therefore not much domestic bias. Bet we'd see Xisco get some game time then.

Of course the above is theoretical and guaranteed not to happen. EVER.

Ashley should crawl on his knees to Kevin keegan

Keegan should crawl on his knees to us tbh.

Although you're on your knees everyday worshipping your KK shrine. ;)

nope i love wor kev, but wouldnt go down for no man.

Guest The Libertine

by asking how appointing a manager with a previous health complaint is worthy of ridicule, just because said manager is "feeling unwell"?

I didnt think I was ridiculing him tbh.  :undecided:

I was simply saying that he needs to come out and actively be doing something to ease the burden from our Manager because he now appears to be suffering from bad health

all we know is that he's gone to hospital as a precautionary measure for "feeling unwell". its more common than you might think.

From an outside perspective, Kinnear looks to have been left to face immense pressure from the press, the fans, the players and other members of the board, with minimal support from anyone bar Hughton.

A similar comparison between now and the past when someone has done much better in a similar situation would be Freddy Shepherd.

Robert was mouthing off at Souness, and Freddy Shepherd spoke to the media and his his buffoonish manner, supported the manager and quashed the player.

Derek Llambias should have done something similar to N'Zogbia this week.

Yes, there is always stress, but there are ways of making the job less stressful, and from the outside, it appears that the likes of Llambias haven't done as much as they could have done.

As has become usual over the last few months, we don't know what they've done to help him.  We do know that Ashley has been at the training ground and Llambias has spent even more time with him.

Nobody can put anybody under stress, the only person who can do that is the person who is potentially suffering.  People can try but it's up to each individual to learn to cope with situations.  I've had enough jobs and situations in life where I could have suffered but didn't allow it to happen, it wasn't because I didn't care, it was because allowing yourself to suffer does nobody any good and will only make matters worse.

Some jobs are more likely than others to induce stress and that's when people who can deal with it usually do a better job, it's the same job or type of job but the people doing it are different.

not too optimistic about today though if Hughton is taking charge again, still you never know lets hope we can win this one which is as big a 6 pointer as any other game left.

Makes the name of Steve Bruce an even more sensible option imo. Don't think he'd leave us if we went down, and has the ability to at least make us a comfortable mid-table side again. Not great, but short-medium-term it's a bit of stability.

Whatever Ashley does he needs to recognise we need someone who's got the heart for the job.

not too optimistic about today though if Hughton is taking charge again, still you never know lets hope we can win this one which is as big a 6 pointer as any other game left.

Hopefully any good that Kinnear has done in the lead up to the game will carry through. Our fixtures after this one are horrendous. :undecided:

From an outside perspective, Kinnear looks to have been left to face immense pressure from the press, the fans, the players and other members of the board, with minimal support from anyone bar Hughton.

A similar comparison between now and the past when someone has done much better in a similar situation would be Freddy Shepherd.

Robert was mouthing off at Souness, and Freddy Shepherd spoke to the media and his his buffoonish manner, supported the manager and quashed the player.

Derek Llambias should have done something similar to N'Zogbia this week.

Yes, there is always stress, but there are ways of making the job less stressful, and from the outside, it appears that the likes of Llambias haven't done as much as they could have done.

As has become usual over the last few months, we don't know what they've done to help him.  We do know that Ashley has been at the training ground and Llambias has spent even more time with him.

Nobody can put anybody under stress, the only person who can do that is the person who is potentially suffering.  People can try but it's up to each individual to learn to cope with situations.  I've had enough jobs and situations in life where I could have suffered but didn't allow it to happen, it wasn't because I didn't care, it was because allowing yourself to suffer does nobody any good and will only make matters worse.

Some jobs are more likely than others to induce stress and that's when people who can deal with it usually do a better job, it's the same job or type of job but the people doing it are different.

Absolutely, and it is very hard to disagree with you.

But if I was an employer, I would now be assessing what I could be doing to take any unnecessary pressure off my employees to stop it happening again. For me, it's not about not putting people in stressful positions, it is about alleviating pressure.

Joe Kinnear is a person, and a human being, and this week he was publically and proffessionally humiliated by Charles N'Zogbia. Now whether Kinnear's illness is stress related or not, it doesn't matter, Derek Llambias should have done more to publically protect his employee.