Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

Screech ruled out for toffees

No he's not.

He's  out of the cup game on Sunday. Nothing has been mentioned about how long he's out or whether he'll play at Newcastle.

Anyway,  looks like I might be coming to SJP for this one :)

Despite being one of the best in terms of quality Jonas isn't the right player for NUFC at the moment, and should play from the bench. Same goes for Martins. Attack should be built around Lovenkrands.

LOL  :aww:

I'm being serious, Jonas plays from too deep to effectively link up with Lovenkrands, and has little end product to compensate.

Despite being one of the best in terms of quality Jonas isn't the right player for NUFC at the moment, and should play from the bench. Same goes for Martins. Attack should be built around Lovenkrands.

http://www.helicopterkids.com/brendanla/CRACKPIPE.jpg

I'm being serious, Jonas plays from too deep to effectively link up with Lovenkrands, and has little end product to compensate.

You're talking like we have options. And you honestly think we should play Martins from the Bench?

So we should bench our two best attacking players because we brought in someone else who's played well in one game?

He wasn't even that good.

To be fair it's not like we didn't already know James is a mongoloid.

You're talking like we have options. And you honestly think we should play Martins from the Bench?

Lovenkrands subject to maintaining West Brom form is an upgrade on Martins imho.

Lovenkrands subject to maintaining West Brom form is an upgrade on Martins imho.

You're almost always completely wrong.

Sorry, but saying Lovenkrands is better than Martins because he scored a rebounded goal against West Brom is a bit daft to be honest. Same with the Jonas comment, he's going to be crucial to us staying up based on the mayhem and forward movement he causes alone.

Sorry, but saying Lovenkrands is better than Martins because he scored a rebounded goal against West Brom is a bit daft to be honest. Same with the Jonas comment, he's going to be crucial to us staying up based on the mayhem and forward movement he causes alone.

I'd say he was better for the current NUFC team even if he hadn't scored.

Different players are good for differen types of teams, and I think Lovenkrands is raising  the game of the five midfielders/attackers surrounding him, making him better for the team we've got. Martins is a complete individual, and Jonas is more suited to a different type of team. I'd love to spend time explaining myself, but I'm getting ready to go out. Someone PM me in 24 hrs if I haven't produced an uber-post on this.

Martins subject to maintaining Spurs forum is an upgrade on pretty much everyone in the goddamn world.

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to judge someone off of one match.

Ryan Taylor subject to maintaining form against Newcastle is a significant upgrade on Juninho.

I think Oba and Peter are both good players that we should keep, esp. when Owen leaves in the summer. They both will play significant parts in our run in and hopefully next year as well.

Different players are good for differen types of teams, and I think Lovenkrands is raising  the game of the five midfielders/attackers surrounding him, making him better for the team we've got. Martins is a complete individual, and Jonas is more suited to a different type of team. I'd love to spend time explaining myself, but I'm getting ready to go out. Someone PM me in 24 hrs if I haven't produced an uber-post on this.

Duff was better than usual on Saturday, but everyone else performed at a level you would expect them to. Butt, Nolan, and Shola were their normal selves. If their games were raised at all, it was mostly due to Abdoulaye Meite and Leon Barnett.

You'd think we were any fucking good against West Brom reading this shite. In reality we just weren't quite as rubbish as they were.

Massive result but we were still all over the bloody place and would never have got away with it against a half-decent team.

What a fucking heed-the-ball you are.

if Viduka and Martins can play in this match they should be the front two, best 4-4-2 pairing at the club even when everyone else is fit.

How often have we seen Viduka and Martins play together in a 4-4-2? I don't think I can ever remember this occuring.

weve seen them up front in the 4-3-3 as a pairing, with owen playing as an attacking midfielder. i said best 4-4-2 pairing as id prefer to see a 4-3-3.

Guest optimistic nit

James, i'm sure you've heard it before but you're a fucking idiot.

i would go into the several different levels in which you are an idiot (i've counted 4 so far, but i suspect there are more), but you wouldn't listen because you think you're zany theories ideas have some place in reality.

Guest optimistic nit

if Viduka and Martins can play in this match they should be the front two, best 4-4-2 pairing at the club even when everyone else is fit.

How often have we seen Viduka and Martins play together in a 4-4-2? I don't think I can ever remember this occuring.

weve seen them up front in the 4-3-3 as a pairing, with owen playing as an attacking midfielder. i said best 4-4-2 pairing as id prefer to see a 4-3-3.

i agree with this.

I would liken our team system (west brom) with what Capello played against Spain the other night: Good defence with attacking full backs (ahem!), midfield two sweep in front of defence and are very defensively structured, wingers and fullbacks are our attacking outlets (jonas & duff), big frontman to win ariel ball and pacy accomplice.

Everton have a very organised team and their midfield of arteta and felliani are excellent, upfront cahill plays behinf the centre forward and represents the major threat. Defensively they are sound.

We need to win the midfield battle and pressure quickly, would love to see Guthrie & Nolan together, would be a lot more dynamic than Butt...

I would also go for pace upfront rather than brute force as their defence copes with the latter better than the former.