Tales From The Sundays

Thespence

Sunday Sun: Reckons we have made a third party in Spain aware we may want Javier Aguirre to takeover as gaffer in the summer. His wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Aguirre

One time I am going to buy the toon chap Chris Nathaniel is suing Oba for just under £300K.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2009/02/08/obafemi-martins-sued-over-disputed-agent-fees-79310-22879624/

The Big AC has knocked back a 5 year deal, he would of been on £10K in year 5 of that deal. Has 2 years to run on his current contract, we may sell him in the summer, with Owen & Viduka looking likely to go, Lovenkrands on a short term contract & Oba not meant to be happy could leave us with goal machines Shola, Smith & Xisco.

From Teamtalk:

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor will quit Arsenal if they fail to reach the Champions League.

Liverpool are set to re-ignite their interest in Gareth Barry over the summer.

Manchester City still intend to try and land Kaka in the summer.

Kanu could be heading for the exit door at Portsmouth.

Stewart Downing will finally get his move from Middlesbrough in the summer.

Stiliyan Petrov is ready to pledge his long-term future to Aston Villa.

Reading, Wolves and Birmingham all want Bolton defender Danny Shittu on loan.

David Di Michele wants to make his loan move to West Ham permanent.

Sean Davis looks certain to make a summer switch to Bolton.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

George Gillett claims Rafa Benitez's rant against Sir Alex Ferguson is to blame for Liverpool's Premier League slump.

Sunderland have agreed a £4million fee with Cardiff to make Michael Chopra's loan move permanent in the summer.

Leeds want to extend Lee Trundle's loan deal until the end of the season. Brian McBride is furious after he was denied an emotional return to Fulham.

Nick Barmby has been told he is playing for his future at Hull.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Sunderland will go head-to-head with Newcastle for Tottenham striker Darren Bent in the summer. :knuppel2:

Newcastle offered Shay Given an astonishing £15million deal to stay at the club. :yikes:

THE PEOPLE

LA Galaxy are ready to strike a deal with AC Milan for David Beckham - provided he returns to California after the 2010 World Cup.

Chelsea, Tottenham and Aston Villa will be locked in a summer battle for Manchester City striker Daniel Sturridge.

Patrick Vieira missed out on a shock January move to Tottenham - but is ready to return to the Premier League in January.

Blackburn face a race against time to clinch a full-time deal for French defender Gael Givet.

Juande Ramos claims Daniel Levy is to blame for Tottenham's disastrous season.

Rafa Benitez has made a dramatic Champions League U-turn and given Sami Hyypia a reprieve.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Rafa Benitez has to win the Premier League title to save his job after criticism from George Gillett.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's a good coach, did really well with Atletico.

lol, i read the article, wanted to know personal qualities, coaching philosophy etc

He's a good coach, did really well with Atletico.

lol, i read the article, wanted to know personal qualities, coaching philosophy etc

To be fair I've just read the wiki article and it's generally spot on. The players loved him and many thought it was an unfair dismissal. Kinda reminds me of the Bobby Robson setup where finishing 5th wasn't good enough.

I saw a fair bit of Atletico in the 06/07 season but not much after that.. but he got the team playing really nice stuff. Then again the players he had already at Atletico made that much easier, with the likes of Torres, Sergio Aguero & Maxi Rodriguez. If you saw the Atletico Liverpool Champions League ties earlier in the season you'll have an idea of the type of football to expect from him.

He's not afraid to mix it up a bit as well. I remember that from the 06/07 season. He did like to tinker with the formation a bit and keep you guessing.

Guest johnson293

From the NOTW....

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/169075/KIERAN-RICHARDSONS-TOON-TARGET-Sunderland-stars-double-money-offer.html

NEWCASTLE will offer Kieran Richardson the chance to double his money by making the 13-mile trip from Sunderland to St James’ Park.

Manager Joe Kinnear was knocked back with a beat-the-deadline bid for the midfielder who sank the Toon in October at the Stadium of Light.

Richardson, 24, will be offered £60,000 a-week to join Newcastle in the summer, which would make him one of the club’s best paid players.

Erm, ok!  :rolleyes:

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

The girlfriend of new Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has branded Londoners "dirty and scruffy". On the Russia star's website she also said English food is disgusting, she doesn't like English beer and is already feeling homesick after a few days.

Guest johnson293

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

The girlfriend of new Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has branded Londoners "dirty and scruffy". On the Russia star's website she also said English food is disgusting, she doesn't like English beer and is already feeling homesick after a few days.

Ha Ha, so the real reason for the hold up in the deal then??!!!

SWP got 3 games for his kick.

Bosingwa 0.

The FA board should be assassinated.

FA Couldn't act on Bosingwa because the AR saw it but did nothing - FA can take no action because the officials saw the incident but decided not to punish it.  The FA Could act on SWP because the referee didn't see it but said he would have dismissed SWP if he had seen it.

What's Andrie doing letting her write on his website?  I thought he was more of a "Get in the kitchen, make me tea and keep your fucking gob shut pet" type from his interviews.