Have we finally got a player who can put in a decent set-piece?

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

After a goal from a a Ryan Taylor corner yesterday have we finally got a player who can deliver a good ball into the area to make us a threat from set-pieces?    :frantic:

I knew either Forrest or Bassong were going to score yesterday. Really good delivery from Raylor.

A free kick or corner is no longer a way of nullifying a Newcastle attack.  

Guest nufc 4 life

Just got to hope he doesn't get injured now, because we could actually be quite an attacking threat from set-pieces now, with Taylor, Coloccini, Ameobi, Carrol, Xisco e.t.c all big lads and able to get there head to the ball. Gives us a new dimension to our game IMO.

Yes we have, a really top young player. One of the best deals NUFC has done in a very long time, I would have personally offered a straight swap for Taylor, partially because I didn't rate N'Zogbia and partially because I've seen alot of Taylor and I really like him.

Guest Howaythetoon

More importantly, the two Taylor's seems to have developed a good understanding. S. Taylor's goal was clearly pre-thought out and the ball in was superb, to cross it in straight with pace without it bending, dipping or hanging is excellent technique.

More importantly, the two Taylor's seems to have developed a good understanding. S. Taylor's goal was clearly pre-thought out and the ball in was superb, to cross it in straight with pace without it bending, dipping or hanging is excellent technique.

Yes i agree....it was a Taylor-made goal!I'll get me coat...

Guest sicko2ndbest

it was all to do with his leg speed aound the impact area tbh

:)

Yes we have, a really top young player. One of the best deals NUFC has done in a very long time, I would have personally offered a straight swap for Taylor, partially because I didn't rate N'Zogbia and partially because I've seen alot of Taylor and I really like him.

You would of what?!?!? Taylor was going to be out of contract in the summer...your really are putting the Crazy in to Toon.

You would of what?!?!? Taylor was going to be out of contract in the summer...your really are putting the Crazy in to Toon.

Didn't know the contract situation at all, but just on ability on commitment, yes I would have swapped them.