Golden Aniversary - 50 years of pain

Rob W

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yes - 'twas 50 years ago I went to my first game at SJP

NUFC 3- Wolves 4

I should have known that's what it would be like for the next 50..............    :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

you old bastard :)

Actually, thats an anniversary this year then - exactly 40 years of F***- ALL

Do you imagine that Man U would have so many gloryhunters, or  Liverpools much-vaunted-by-the-press fans would still be there after 40 years of nothing ?

WOULD THEY HELL

Guest toonlass

You should have a presentation before the next home game. Where they take your season ticket off you and never allow you back, you jinx,  :lol:

You should have a presentation before the next home game. Where they take your season ticket off you and never allow you back, you jinx,  :lol:

Thanks...............   

Actually I was thinking

Best Team Player in 50 years - Shearer

Best Centre Forward - Cole

Most skillful player - Gazza

Least Skillful - Big Bill Thompson

Toughest Player - Scoular

Best manager Sir Bobby

Worst Manager - Souness

best Keeper - Given

Best Centre half - Albert or Woodgate

Best Left Back - Frank Clarke

Best Class Act - Anderson

Biggest Mouth - Bellamy or McDonald

Worst player - the list is long

Most frightening player to see on the other side - Greaves or Best

Thanks...............   

Actually I was thinking

Best Team Player in 50 years - Shearer

Best Centre Forward - Cole

Most skillful player - Gazza

Least Skillful - Big Bill Thompson

Toughest Player - Scoular

Best manager Sir Bobby

Worst Manager - Souness

best Keeper - Given

Best Centre half - Albert or Woodgate

Best Left Back - Frank Clarke

Best Class Act - Anderson

Biggest Mouth - Bellamy or McDonald

Worst player - the list is long

Most frightening player to see on the other side - Greaves or Best

wow, my first was in 93, ive not missed much then!

Yes - 'twas 50 years ago I went to my first game at SJP

NUFC 3- Wolves 4

I should have known that's what it would be like for the next 50..............    :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

At least you were around for our last trophy.

Guest diddimz

And I've felt depressed after such a few years following the toon without a trophy, come 50 years, i think i'd top myself.

And I've felt depressed after such a few years following the toon without a trophy, come 50 years, i think i'd top myself.

in my experience, after about 25 years, the hope of silverware starts to fade, and then you are free to just enjoy the journey, knowing you may never get to the end.

Guest diddimz

in my experience, after about 25 years, the hope of silverware starts to fade, and then you are free to just enjoy the journey, knowing you may never get to the end.

I've got no hope for silverware, it's more like the greatest emotional rollercoaster ever created, and the guy in control thinks its funny to never let it slow down.

I've got no hope for silverware, it's more like the greatest emotional rollercoaster ever created, and the guy in control thinks its funny to never let it slow down.

It's more like Grand Opera than football- lots of people rushing about to no effect, vast cost overruns, ridiculous ticket prices, the palce burniogn down and all sorts of improbable and impossible events every few minutes, non-existant management, prima donnas everywhere  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: