Llambias Q&A with Chronicle: OP updated with Thursday's articles

Guest neesy111

Like it's been said "talk is cheap". We've heard all about the building a team to challenge...blah, blah. But when the transfer window comes we make a couple of last minute bids, knowing fine well that there not going to get accepted, just so they can say "we tried for this player, we tried for that player". When if they really wanted these players they wouldn't have waited until the last couple of hours of the window.

Also.... he says we'll have 8m to spend in the summer. I fucking hope thats on top of the summer transfer budget. Where does all the Sky money go? If the wage bill is such a problem, why don't they get rid of the big earners who are getting paid for doing fuck all. Okay we'll have to take a loss on most of them but in the long run you replace them with hungrier, younger players on a fraction of what they're earning. We're not stupid if it meant we lost Owen in jan for a nominal fee so we could get in a few players who'll be here for the years to come and help rebuild the team, we would've understood. (Well i would anyway).

I thought we're already two years into the five year plan? Or are we now starting this five year plan from scratch?

Are they allowed to modify the original plan?

If they want. Although that would be more their aims and goals, not actually changing the timescales.

Saying the right things, but as stated earlier, they need to walk the walk.

Kinnear will be here till the summer. They are not going to risk him after that IMO.

We'll just have to wait and see what else Lambias has had to say over the next few days. Also what comes of these "meetings" with the fans.

All positive changes and more bridge building.

I thought we're already two years into the five year plan? Or are we now starting this five year plan from scratch?

Is Kinnear in the new plan?

Kinnear is more like the new Coke. Cut full of shit.

Guest neesy111

Like it's been said "talk is cheap". We've heard all about the building a team to challenge...blah, blah. But when the transfer window comes we make a couple of last minute bids, knowing fine well that there not going to get accepted, just so they can say "we tried for this player, we tried for that player". When if they really wanted these players they wouldn't have waited until the last couple of hours of the window.

Also.... he says we'll have 8m to spend in the summer. I fucking hope thats on top of the summer transfer budget. Where does all the Sky money go? If the wage bill is such a problem, why don't they get rid of the big earners who are getting paid for doing fuck all. Okay we'll have to take a loss on most of them but in the long run you replace them with hungrier, younger players on a fraction of what they're earning. We're not stupid if it meant we lost Owen in jan for a nominal fee so we could get in a few players who'll be here for the years to come and help rebuild the team, we would've understood. (Well i would anyway).

on the vastly inflated wages 3/4 our team are on

the club is expected to make a 20 million lost this season despite the sales of players

blame shepherd for 2/3's of the financial mess the club is in

2 very very poor transfer windows but Wise is doing a good job? no decent manger reallys want a DOF to work under, but when  hat DOF is Dennis fkn Wise then forget decent manager we will be lucky tyo get any manager, Hence JK.

“There is £8m there and it will be spent in the summer.

“Mike isn’t afraid to spend money out of his own pocket.

“Last year we lost £34m, this year we’ll lose £20m, and next year it will be around £7m.

“But it still doesn’t mean that Mike won’t invest when he has to invest.

“We aren’t a selling club, we’re a buying club.

“We are out there in the market.”

It's on the record now. Actions please.

Extremely good news that the club has gone from £34m a year loss, to £20m then next year £7m.

In fact by the time Owen leaves us that loss will be nothing due to his wages gone.

If they want. Although that would be more their aims and goals, not actually changing the timescales.

They probably need to do both tbh.  That nonsense in the lead up to 1st September changed everything.

“Last year we lost £34m, this year we’ll lose £20m, and next year it will be around £7m.

Extremely good news that the club has gone from £34m a year loss, to £20m then next year £7m.

In fact by the time Owen leaves us that loss will be nothing due to his wages gone.

Owen will leave this year so thats probably included already

Kinnear will be here till the summer. They are not going to risk him after that IMO.

We'll just have to wait and see what else Lambias has had to say over the next few days. Also what comes of these "meetings" with the fans.

This. And appointing a good manager would be actions that speak for themselves, so its up to them to do that.

This. And appointing a good manager would be actions that speak for themselves, so its up to them to do that.

:thup:

Owen will leave this year so thats probably included already

I doubt he's include something like that in the figures because if asked he'd have to explain and he'd drop the club and Owen right in it.

It makes no sense to include Owen in that.

As said above, I bet they've already factored Owen leaving into those figures hence the huge drop.

The thing is, does he mean that loss goes down in a linear fashion if we stand still? Standing still is going backwards in this league.

the club is expected to make a 20 million lost this season despite the sales of players

Yeh i know, it was sort of a rhetorical question i suppose. That's what i mean about getting overpaid players of the wage bill.

But i agree with you that the last regime haven't helped the current cause, i just think that Ashley and co. are just trying to spin us more shite until a buyer can come along and give him a healthy profit

It'll be interesting to see how the NUSC respond to his comments, which are pretty scathing IMO.

Got it spot on imo.

Bunch of arrogant wankers doing more damage than good, hung up on the past and not looking to the future.

Also.... he says we'll have 8m to spend in the summer. I f***ing hope thats on top of the summer transfer budget. Where does all the Sky money go? If the wage bill is such a problem, why don't they get rid of the big earners who are getting paid for doing f*** all. Okay we'll have to take a loss on most of them but in the long run you replace them with hungrier, younger players on a fraction of what they're earning. We're not stupid if it meant we lost Owen in jan for a nominal fee so we could get in a few players who'll be here for the years to come and help rebuild the team, we would've understood. (Well i would anyway).

They can't blame anyone.  They didn't do due diligence, their incompetence and sheer unorganized nature of everything that has what got them into sorting that mess.

As said above, I bet they've already factored Owen leaving into those figures hence the huge drop.

The thing is, does he mean that loss goes down in a linear fashion if we stand still? Standing still is going backwards in this league.

Na, as explained above he couldn't do that. Simply asked  'Does that include Owen's contract' and he's then fuked up big time.

Is Kinnear in the new plan?

Wise up mate! He isn't exactly going to come out and say they're ditching JFK in the summer!

Absolutely love this smiley though....so i'm going to use it for the fuck of it  :harry: