Not sure if this has been posted but...

Heron

...when I read this (below) I went through a series of thoughts amd emotions in quick succession, they went as follows....

??? :kasper: :blush: bluelaugh.gif :idiot2: :tickedoff: :rolleyes:

Rally round the Mags:

NUSC update

Following Wednesday's public meeting, the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) has confirmed that it intends to organise a rally in the city centre before the next home game, versus Everton on Sunday Feb 22nd.

The police-authorised protest will begin from Grey's Monument at 3pm, allowing fans who are going to the game to take part as well as those who are boycotting.

Coverage of the meeting has now appeared in a couple

of the nationals, online as follows: Times and Mirror.

Why of all times do a rally against Ashley when we are about to go into our last 10 or so games of the season? Are people that obsessed with the stuff behind the scenes that they cannot actually focus on the stuff that happens on the pitch? I really foudn it quite hideous and ridiculous. Oh well...

Now this thread can be locked before w ehave another board room debate on our hands...I just wanted to get this off my chest. :smug:

Timing seems weird now.  We really need massive support to try and get something out of the Everton game and not sure if this will set the mood right for the fans if this is going on.

Also, didn't the club say in Jan that they would give a statement after the transfer window closed? if so what happened to that statement? did they make it?

Timing seems weird now.  We really need massive support to try and get something out of the Everton game and not sure if this will set the mood right for the fans if this is going on.

Also, didn't the club say in Jan that they would give a statement after the transfer window closed? if so what happened to that statement? did they make it?

Think Kinnear might have been referring to the "questions for the chairman" thing Llambias is doing this week. Assuming that he wasn't just spouting nonsense again.

Think Kinnear might have been referring to the "questions for the chairman" thing Llambias is doing this week. Assuming that he wasn't just spouting nonsense again.

Ah right, fair enough if they were referring to that.  Will see what gets said from that then.  Cheers.  :thup:

Amazes me all this.  We're in a relegation battle so lets create more turmoil..  Our finances are crap so lets boycott club merchandise and tickets so our losses increase even further.  Maybe this time Ashley won't be able to afford to keep it solvent and we'll go into administration, wouldn't that be nice.

Twats. What are they actually rallying for like?

Don't tell me "Ashley Out"? Surely not. Are they that daft like? :undecided:

Some people need to get a grip. The thing that pisses me off the most is that if this gets decent publicity, it pins their ideas (and they're a minority) upon the entire support. It's the universal effect it gives that pisses the hell out of me; like the banner at the Hull game. Fuck off, that's not what i think. Yet apparantely "52,000 people a, think Ashley is a Cockney, and b, want him out." Err, no actually. Them two dicks carrying the thing do, dunno about everyone else.

There's a selection of supporters in this country i despise, cos of all their 'justice this, justice that', making a scene, and all that lark - Liverpool fans. And with dicks like this lot, it makes us look just as bad, if not worse.

The timing of the protest is totally not justified. The protest will not change anything at this point of time. It's not gonna make Ashley spend to get players in. Not gonna make him sack JFK or sell the club. Nothing will improve because of the protest. The players will just feel more demoralised and lose confidence with the club.  :idiot2:

Agree 100% with silph.  Think the timing is absolutely ridiculous. 

I mean, it was WBA and we still only just hung on for the 3 points.  No one thinks we're in the ascendancy now and ready to push on to Europe or anything.  But to get something from Everton we don't need a distraction like that right before the game. 

If it has to be held before the game, hold it now, or on Valentines day, or right after.  But right before a game just doesn't make sense to me.

Agree 100% with silph.  Think the timing is absolutely ridiculous. 

I mean, it was WBA and we still only just hung on for the 3 points.  No one thinks we're in the ascendancy now and ready to push on to Europe or anything.  But to get something from Everton we don't need a distraction like that right before the game. 

If it has to be held before the game, hold it now, or on Valentines day, or right after.  But right before a game just doesn't make sense to me.

precisely! we have a 2 week break, and if they want to rally, rally during the break ffs!!

sad

The last protests achieved alot did'nt they.

They did actually... and whilst i'm not for this whole "it's all the fans' fault" approach, the events at the Hull game are one of several contributing factors for why we're in the situation we're in now.

The lack of protests since Hull achieved a lot didn't they.

Good job everyone laid off Ashley even when he tried to provoke a reaction by turning up at games again, otherwise he might not have brought in a top class manager or significantly strengthened the squad in January.

When & where's the Ashley appreciation rally for the majority of supporters btw?

Good job everyone laid off Ashley even when he tried to provoke a reaction by turning up at games again, otherwise he might not have brought in a top class manager or significantly strengthened the squad in January.

When & where's the Ashley appreciation rally for the majority of supporters btw?

People in this thread seem more bothered about focussing their efforts on supporting the team at an important stage of the season than supporting Ashley. Don't let that stop you though O0

Nobody ever holds a rally in support of an owner though do they? Just because I'm not parading a 'I heart Ashley' banner round the Monument doesn't make my views any less valid.

More important are the 100s of thousands of fans who won't be on the rally, and the 40,000 or so who will be just going to the ground to support the team - like they should be doing.

People in this thread seem more bothered about focussing their efforts on supporting the team at an important stage of the season than supporting Ashley. Don't let that stop you though O0

In case you didn't realise, the rally is being held before a game and will be full of people actually going to support the team. Don't let that stop people calling them twats though O0

In case you didn't realise, the rally is being held before a game and will be full of people actually going to support the team. Don't let that stop people calling them twats though O0

That's irrelevant to what you posted & i replied to though. :dontknow:

Rally round the Mags:

NUSC update

Following Wednesday's public meeting, the Newcastle United Supporters Club (NUSC) has confirmed that it intends to organise a rally in the city centre before the next home game, versus Everton on Sunday Feb 22nd.

The police-authorised protest will begin from Grey's Monument at 3pm, allowing fans who are going to the game to take part as well as those who are boycotting.

Coverage of the meeting has now appeared in a couple

of the nationals, online as follows: Times and Mirror.

A rally about what? What is the aim of the protest march, what do they hope to achieve?

Seems the NUSC is still bolting along on a horse called Emotion whilst Reason has been left behind at the starting gate.