Is Kinnear leaving in the summer?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This has came up many times in the Q&A thread.  So thought be a good idea to try and keep them separate.

Many people seem to believe he is going, when literally all the information being fed - is that he is here to stay.  They are all working well as a team.

My argument is he is staying, if the club was planning on shifting him in the summer they would of diplomatically issued a press release saying 'yes he has a contract until the end of the season, we are pleased with his effects and we will review the situation after the current campaign.' like any club will do.

For those who are saying it's a ploy and it won't happen BUT they wont shut him up.  As this would make him/players unhappy.  It's frankly ridiculous imo.  For example how would it look - Kinnear said he has been offerred a contract, saves us from relegation and then suddenly we are informing the press was no contract offer.  Whole of England would think we led the guy with false promises.  Players would be upset as they weren't kept in the loop.  Even a section of fans would think the club could handled it alot better.

:kinnear:

Good as gone.

He's not good enough for the club, but the only man to step up right now. If Ashley wants to stay and make a go of it he's gone. But in the meantime we need to back him to the hilt and that's all the contract offer story is, just a smokescreen to attract players in the transfer window just gone (think of the timing), and to give those here someone to fight for and to be their manager without thinking he's gone or he's going at the end of the season.

We've all said we've got no stability; the club is trying to give us that.

Good as gone.

He's not good enough for the club, but the only man to step up right now. If Ashley wants to stay and make a go of it he's gone. But in the meantime we need to back him to the hilt and that's all the contract offer story is, just a smokescreen to attract players in the transfer window just gone (think of the timing), and to give those here someone to fight for and to be their manager without thinking he's gone or he's going at the end of the season.

This is fantasy imho, i would like to believe it but god no.  So the players that arrived in January they are going to be over the moon for the new employers to have lied to them.

Ashley when he took the club off the market he had time to appoint a manager before January.  He didn't.  There are no big benefits of lying to supporters, players, whole nation so you can attract Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

i think its impossible to say either way tbh. we can all sit here and say 'they would have denied it' 'why would they deny it during a relegation battle transfer window' etc but the fact remains that regardless of whats been said/not said, new things can always be brought to light to try and justify either decision. i.e. they keep him on 'he kept us up and works well with the system', they let him go 'his health isnt good enough'.

we just dont know, i'm afraid we just have to hold on the hope that ashley can see him for what he is, a shit manager

Good as gone.

This is fantasy imho, i would like to believe it but god no.  So the players that arrived in January they are going to be over the moon for the new employers to have lied to them.

Ashley when he took the club off the market he had time to appoint a manager before January.  He didn't.  There are no big benefits of lying to supporters, players, whole nation so you can attract Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor.

Love it how you made this thread as i wouldn't reply to you in the Q&A and now only reply to my comments.

Obsessed little man aren't you?  mackems.gif

I would like to think that anyone with a shred of common sense can see that.....

1. Joes not up to the job on a long term (or short term some might say) basis.

2. His health is not going to get much better and the stress that his limited talent as a manager will undoubtably bring upon him in the future will only make it worse.

So i would hope that all parties could see that a parting of ways at the end of the season would be the best for everyone.

Well, We'll find out at the end of the season, as soon as its finished I want confirmation as to who will be the long term manager.

The idea of having Kinnear as manager may put off a lot of ST holders.

Good as gone.

Love it how you made this thread as i wouldn't reply to you in the Q&A and now only reply to my comments.

It was brought up a few times on that thread not just that instance.  Many people seem to share your opinion, so what you complaining about.

Guest firetotheworks

The Llambias walking the walk he's talked up depends entirely on this topic really. If Kinnear goes then I'll be more willing to lean towards what he's said about looking to achieve something. Keeping Kinnear confirms, in case it hasn't already been confirmed that they're pimp talkers of bad times.

Good as gone.

It was brought up a few times on that thread not just that instance.  Many people seem to share your opinion, so what you complaining about.

The fact you call my opinion 'fantasy'  or 'Delusional'.

Just accept i have a view, it doesn't match yours and there's no point trying to get a rise out of me by being a tit about it.  :thup:

Good as gone.

The fact you call my opinion 'fantasy'  or 'Delusional'.

Just accept i have a view, it doesn't match yours and there's no point trying to get a rise out of me by being a tit about it.  :thup:

You have an opinion sure i don't get how you can be 99% sure of it or as 'good as certain' that is all.  Required some explaining to be honest.  I would like to believe it but don't buy into elaborate conspiracy theories.

I think he will be gone too. I think the contract story was in place for the transfer window and also to stop any speculation of the situation in the papers.

Gus Poyet will be a very big possibility in the summer.

Poyet confirmed he was approached after Keegan left, but he decided agaist it due to the turmoil at the club.

Wise absolutely loves the guy and they have proved to be a very succesful team already.

With things having calmed down so much since Keegan left, and also having had expectactions brought so low with Kinnear, not to mention Poyet is now completely available, with a whole summer to prepare I wouldn't be surprised to see him put in place then.

I think he will be gone too. I think the contract story was in place for the transfer window and also to stop any speculation of the situation in the papers.

Gus Poyet will be a very big possibility in the summer.

Poyet confirmed he was approached after Keegan left, but he decided agaist it due to the turmoil at the club.

Wise absolutely loves the guy and they have proved to be a very succesful team already.

With things having calmed down so much since Keegan left, and also having had expectactions brought so low with Kinnear, not to mention Poyet is now completely available, with a whole summer to prepare I wouldn't be surprised to see him put in place then.

fuck that, rather have Joe.. on acid