Portsmouth go for Sven

KaKa

On SSN now!

:dave:

Okay now I'm really upset.

Portsmouth after Sven?!

And we have ...  :kinnear:

Just so damn wrong.

I mean I  don't despise the  :kinnear: as much as some others, but what the heck?! It just seems so damn wrong that Pompey could get Sven while we have you know ...

:no:

They have him? Or they are going for him?

Sorry just changed it. Was so shocked I jumped the gun there.

They're going for him.

I feel sick about it. I think Sven is quality.

They will definitely be moving upwards with him now.

Guest pont-toon

If they get him I'll weep f***ing tears of blood.

Two clubs in s*** situations and s*** managers.

Portsmouth sack theirs and got Sven, we stick with  :kinnear:

Epic, just f***ing epic.

as the old classic song goes :-

"you took the words right out of my mouth"

Sven is a fantastic club manager. Internationally not so good, but one of the best club managers.

What's that based on?

His un-questionably superior club experience and acheivements im guessing.

Dont know how they will a) afford his wages or b) how succesfull he will be working on a shoestring budget. He would be a very decent appointment for them though, would be a decent appointment for us too!

Sven is a fantastic club manager. Internationally not so good, but one of the best club managers.

What's that based on?

Not questioning his club coaching ability, but not so good internationally?

Guest toonlass

What's that based on?

Not as good as being a club manager imo

Sven Goran Eriksson is without question one of the best club managers in the world. His record speaks for itself.

It's utter comedy that City sacked him after a brilliant first year and replaced him with a clueless hack like Hughes.

The only reason that he's even in a position to consider offers from clubs like pre-takeover City, Portsmouth, or hypothetically even us is because of the stigma that unjustly accompanies him due to his time with England. Whichever mid-table club that gets him is hitting the jackpot.

Don't know how good he'd be at Portsmouth. I love taking the piss out of all the Citeh fans where I work by pointing out that they had the perfect manager for their current situation, only they sacked him and replaced him with the perfect manager for their previous situation! :D

Wish we'd gone for him when we went for Allardyce instead. Top class manager, always liked him only concern would be his transfer record, nothing about his transfer record really stands out to me. Not obviously anyway.

What's that based on?

Not as good as being a club manager imo

Fair enough. The way you worded it, it came across that you didn't really rate him on the International scene.

Hasnt Sven proven that although he is a canny manager, he needs an absolute shitload of money to succeed?

Yeah, especially when he won the Uefa Cup with a bankrupt part time team.

He's a more charismatic and friendly version of Souness.

Doesn't bother with silly things like instructions or tactics, he relies totally on the ability of his players to find their way.

When it's been obvious to all around him that his teams have needed new ideas or impetus he's generally gone for the conservative option every time - losing 1-0 with 5 minutes to go? don't bother using that striker on your bench, try swapping your defensive midfielder for a different defensive midfielder.

When his players are low on confidence, when his players have run out of ideas or the opposition have him tactically out thought  he has no clue.  He lost 8-1 to Middlesbrough.

He might be able to give the Pompey players a bit of a short-term confidence boost and his coaches should be able to get the team to play a little more as a unit instead of individuals but he's no magician, he's not going to be able to wave his hands and make everything all right.  Without funds for new players and an already massive wage bill he'll struggle there in the long run even if he's able to sort them out in the short-term.