Toon sign Swedish Starlet

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

Haven't seen this posted anywhere. Another striker for the youth squad.

Newcastle have finalised a deal for Swedish starlet Samuel Adjei.

Skysports.com revealed in January that The Magpies had made a move for the 17-year-old youth international.

Now Newcastle have beaten Portuguese giants Porto to Adjei and have pushed through a deal for the young forward, who comes in from lower league club Jonkoping Sodra.

After signing his deal Adjei revealed his ambition to make the breakthrough at St James' Park.

"I hope to play in the first-team within two years," Adjei told Fotbollsverige.

Jonkoping admitted they were also happy with the deal.

"We are pleased with what we have achieved in the negotiations with Newcastle," said Jonkoping director Daniel Segerfeldt.

Adjei is a winger. Apparently he didn't start playing organised football until he was 12. Did one season as a 15-year-old in the 6th tier of Swedish Football and was then snapped up by Jönköpings Södra (Who play in the 3rd tier of Swedish Football.)

He's made a couple of appearances for the u16 National Team and is supposed to be an extremely exciting talent. Loads of pace, good technique and good strength.

Guest Stephen927

It's a good policy, one which I am a huge fan of

Just hope over time if we manage to stay up that we can have the first team players to complement the youngsters coming through, and perhaps we'll be in a more comfortable position.

How many youngsters is it we've brought in now under Ashley's system?

Would imagine only about a quarter of them will make it in the first team if we're lucky, but it should prove to be a good cost effective way to run the club for the future.

Guest Stephen927

Does the transfer window not apply to U18s or something then?

The Chronicle said yesterday he was due for a medical this week, I would guess he'd join up with the squad in the summer and play out the rest of this season at his current club.

The way that article in the original post is written suggests that he'll be joining up immediately. Strange.

Does the transfer window not apply to U18s or something then?

The Chronicle said yesterday he was due for a medical this week, I would guess he'd join up with the squad in the summer and play out the rest of this season at his current club.

The way that article in the original post is written suggests that he'll be joining up immediately. Strange.

Season hasn't started here.

Not famous at all in Sweden, but probably good if he's in the national squad for his age group, they're one of the most talented this country has seen in recent years. Big, big step from Jönköping Södra and the Swedish third division to playing Premiership football. Will probably need a couple of years.

We can sign a player whenever we want, they just aren't registered as a selectable member of the playing staff.

We could sign Kaka tomorrow and play him in the reserves if we wanted.

A non registered player can only play in 2 reserve team games in a 14 day period and you need written permission for him to do so from the club that currently holds the players registration.

To play beyond that a player needs to be registered, even at Academy level.

Good news. :thup:

Did we sign any of the lads (think a couple were Finnish, can't remember the other nationalities) that came over on trial in January?

Finnish bloke got sent back, same with the Norwegians and the Hungarian(?) with a message saying we'd keep watching them iirc. Though we'll probably not, I mean, it's just like saying "It's not you, it's me." when you break up. If we'd want them to stick around, we'd ask them to and not make them leave.

Guest sicko2ndbest

cheeky twat :)

Meanwhile, Newcastle have completed the signing of Swedish starlet Samuel Adjei.

The 17-year-old joins from Jonoping Sodra after impressing during a recent trial period at the club.

"I hope to be in the senior squad inside two years," the ambitious youngster told Fotbollssverige.se.

"Then I hope to play for Barcelona in the future, as they are my favourite team, and the national side as well."

ss

cheeky twat :)

Meanwhile, Newcastle have completed the signing of Swedish starlet Samuel Adjei.

The 17-year-old joins from Jonoping Sodra after impressing during a recent trial period at the club.

"I hope to be in the senior squad inside two years," the ambitious youngster told Fotbollssverige.se.

"Then I hope to play for Barcelona in the future, as they are my favourite team, and the national side as well."

ss

The new insomnia?

• 2 weeks later...