Time to bring in Sven...

Guest SeattleToon

Guest SeattleToon

...if he's still willing to take the job!

I've supported Roeder up to this point, but it's now becoming pretty clear that last spring was a fluke and that he does not have the tactical acumen to manage in the Premier League. His choices of which players to put on the pitch have been sorely lacking, and his tactics have failed to make best use of our talent.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

I don't hink Ericsson has ever been involved in a dogfight ...........or a promotion push....

Somebody fill me in if I'm wrong though.

No thanks, he's fucking shite.

If he's shite, then what is Roeder exactly?  We're not exactly in a position to be turning our nose up at managers that are significantly better than what we have.  Regardless, he won't come anyway.

Guest assyriantoon

:roll:

Sven would be an excellent appointment for us. He has done well wherever he has been and I for one believe he did a good job for England without being spectacular. It is this kind of fickle thinking that has cost our club in the past. If we can get him, we definantly should...

Guest Kenton Magpie

Well im cracking up does that count? When you look at what Sven had availible to him while at england it's it bizzare to think that he did almost fuck arl during the big competitions, so what will he do for NUFC if he cannot motivate England to pull their fingers the whole way out of their arses during the world cup!

Guest Knightrider

No thanks, he's ****ing shite.

If he's shite, then what is Roeder exactly?  We're not exactly in a position to be turning our nose up at managers that are significantly better than what we have.  Regardless, he won't come anyway.

Sarcasm Bluff ;)

Sven's a decent manager but not one I'd like to see at the club and I think he'd fail anyway because he lacks balls and you need that at this club.

As for Roeder - my opinion of him hasn't changed from day one - a poor to average manager who should never have been appointed.

Take off your England specs for a moment. Sven is NOT a good manager. I would be surprised if more than two posters on this board (that do not also support England) thinks he is good. Ask any nuetral and they will tell you that he is as overrated as they come.

Also Sevn's weaknesses are similar to Roeder's and to a lesser extent SBRs. He makes up his mind about a few core players and no matter how poorly they perform he sticks with them (Roeder with Carr, SBR with Dyer and Bramble). Beckham is a good player... he is not Captain material and should have never ever been given the arm band. Sven also will not change his mind about a player that he has written off which at a club level can be even more devistating.

And how about those formations and subs? Look familiar? They should - just as clueless and desperate.

It would be more of the same. No thanks.

Well im cracking up does that count? When you look at what Sven had availible to him while at england it's it bizzare to think that he did almost fuck arl during the big competitions, so what will he do for NUFC if he cannot motivate England to pull their fingers the whole way out of their arses during the world cup!

Be fair mate, International football is a total different game.  You only have one chance to get it right, on average 10-15 games a year, in club football there's plenty of time to get it right, and also when you lose you're not all of a suddenly out on your arse.  I totally agree that what he achieved, or didn't, with England was terrible, but to rule him out on that is a little short sighted.

Guest assyriantoon

Well im cracking up does that count? When you look at what Sven had availible to him while at england it's it bizzare to think that he did almost **** arl during the big competitions, so what will he do for NUFC if he cannot motivate England to pull their fingers the whole way out of their arses during the world cup!

Who do you feel would have done any better? I remind you that England looked as though they would'nt even qualify for the World cup when he took over. He has a excellent record and, if you judge Mclaren by what he has done so far the he does'nt look so bad. Either way beggers cant be choosers...

Take off your England specs for a moment. Sven is NOT a good manager. I would be surprised if more than two posters on this board (that do not also support England) thinks he is good. Ask any nuetral and they will tell you that he is as overrated as they come.

Also Sevn's weaknesses are similar to Roeder's and to a lesser extent SBRs. He makes up his mind about a few core players and no matter how poorly they perform he sticks with them (Roeder with Carr, SBR with Dyer and Bramble). Beckham is a good player... he is not Captain material and should have never ever been given the arm band. Sven also will not change his mind about a player that he has written off which at a club level can be even more devistating.

And how about those formations and subs? Look familiar? They should - just as clueless and desperate.

You what? :lol:

It's the fucking England fans that think he's shit.  I don't think he's a world beater, but fuck me, he's light years ahead of Glenn.

His club CV isn't on the level of some of the better managers out there, but it's a good CV nonetheless.  He may well focus on a core of players, but lots of managers do, and with England it was just more highlighted as a loss in international football ultimately results in you not having another game to get things right.

I genuinely can't believe anyone would think Sven would produce much of the same as Roeder.  Like, seriously.

Svenn is f***ing exactly what we need.

Hell organise us thoroughly because thats what hes all about. Based on his previous jobs, hed setup "proper" training and coaching regimes, backroom staff, scouting networks, etc.

Hes not a great manager, and hes failed miserably at Lazio and England after some initial success, but in both cases that was mainly because he became too spoilt for choice, became too unwilling to drop the big names (eg Beckham, Lamps + Gerrard).

Who gives a shit about those faults? Those faults are only a problem to worry about if youre a big "playa", expected to win the big trophies with a squad full of big names and top class players - f*** that, we have no big stars, we dont expect to win anything, we just need a manager able to organise, coach and train our players effectively, someone to have us playing with an iota of clue about positioning, movement and tactics. Svenn has shown hes able to do that, and thats all we need, f*** everything else.

Is that a reply to me? If so, I am a neutral.

:confused:

Hell organise us thoroughly because thats what hes all about. Based on his previous jobs, hed setup "proper" training and coaching regimes, backroom staff, scouting networks, etc.

Hes not a great manager, and hes failed miserably at Lazio and England after some initial success, but in both cases that was mainly because he became too spoilt for choice, became too unwilling to drop the big names (eg Beckham, Lamps + Gerrard).

Who gives a shit about those faults? Those faults are only a problem to worry about if youre a big "playa", expected to win the big trophies with a squad full of big names and top class players - f*** that, we have no big stars, we dont expect to win anything, we just need a manager able to organise, coach and train our players effectively. Svenn has shown hes able to do that, and thats all we need, f*** everything else.

Agree with all of that.  Incredible that people would say no, especially given the position we're in.

You what? :lol:

It's the ****ing England fans that think he's shit.  I don't think he's a world beater, but **** me, he's light years ahead of Glenn.

His club CV isn't on the level of some of the better managers out there, but it's a good CV nonetheless.  He may well focus on a core of players, but lots of managers do, and with England it was just more highlighted as a loss in international football ultimately results in you not having another game to get things right.

I genuinely can't believe anyone would think Sven would produce much of the same as Roeder.  Like, seriously.

Well there you are. I think he would be a horrible match with NUFC and although he might bring some temporary respite that new managers bring (just like Glenn) - I think he would ultimately be just as disasterous. Dead serious here.

Who gives a shit about those faults? Those faults are only a problem to worry about if youre a big "playa", expected to win the big trophies with a squad full of big names and top class players - f*** that, we have no big stars, we dont expect to win anything, we just need a manager able to organise, coach and train our players effectively, someone to have us playing with an iota of clue about positioning, movement and tactics. Svenn has shown hes able to do that, and thats all we need, f*** everything else.

Agree totally :thup: