SJP food

Syrette

Guest toonlass

From the reactions of others around me who have bought them, I have come to conclusion that any flavour pie is actually filled with molten lava, so hot that it not only burns your tongue but makes you shout expletives for about 5 minutes before joining the back of the queue for 3 more pints to get the fire off your tongue. Therefore a fantastic marketing ploy by NUFC to make punters buy more beer!

Never in my numerous visits to SJP have I sampled one of the pies.

Are they any good?

What a random new thread subject  :laugh:

Saw a couple of people talking about them.

I'm not supporting Ashley for what it's worth, I know how much of a travesty it is when someone buys a pie or a pint, clearly Dennis Wise must have put them up to it.

They can't be any worse than Lincoln City's sausage rolls.

Saw a couple of people talking about them.

I'm not supporting Ashley for what it's worth, I know how much of a travesty it is when someone buys a pie or a pint, clearly Dennis Wise must have put them up to it.

They can't be any worse than Lincoln City's sausage rolls.

I must admit I dont think I have ever bought food from any football ground I have ever been to.

I remember I was so excited the first time I was at SJP that I brought back a whole bunch of napkins from the concession stand just because they had the club crest on them. I still have them stacked up on my dresser at home.

Such a tourist  :blush:

Guest Heneage

Can never be arsed queuing tbh.

Can you see over the desk?

No, just once you've been there's nothing left worth queuing for. :pow:

Not allowed to eat on the job.  :snod:

Guest Heneage

Can never be arsed queuing tbh.

Can you see over the desk?

:laugh:

Oy, Nixon... stop badgering Dave! :pow:

:lol:

That's why you remind me of Stephen Merchant Pilko. :lol:

A few seasons back they were known as "Atomic pies", often in winter you would see people buy two mince pies before kick off and sit with them with their hands in their pockets to keep them warm. About 60 minutes into the match they were usually cool enough to eat.

After thousands of complaints of burnt hands/tongues/throats I believe they now take them out of the hot oven thing and store them on a shelf to let them cool down.

In all honesty they usually taste pretty nice but are way overpriced and you can sometimes get a dodgy one.

Going to the midweek Euro games I used to buy a pie put it on the deck (it was in plastic wrap & had one of those foil plate things) & it was ready to eat at half time. The odd time I have felt peckish at half time the key is to wait 5 mins & then go to one of the bars rather than a food Kiosk don't do chips but you will get served quicker. The food kiosk run out of stuff & lack speed, I know for a fact I could speed the service up.

The prices are iNsAnE for everything but it is a sellers market.

A few seasons back they were known as "Atomic pies", often in winter you would see people buy two mince pies before kick off and sit with them with their hands in their pockets to keep them warm. About 60 minutes into the match they were usually cool enough to eat.

After thousands of complaints of burnt hands/tongues/throats I believe they now take them out of the hot oven thing and store them on a shelf to let them cool down.

In all honesty they usually taste pretty nice but are way overpriced and you can sometimes get a dodgy one.

Last time I had one was before things changed then, I bought a chicken balti pie and it was simply too hot to eat.