SJP food

Syrette

A few seasons back they were known as "Atomic pies", often in winter you would see people buy two mince pies before kick off and sit with them with their hands in their pockets to keep them warm. About 60 minutes into the match they were usually cool enough to eat.

After thousands of complaints of burnt hands/tongues/throats I believe they now take them out of the hot oven thing and store them on a shelf to let them cool down.

The snow problem could be dealt with if instead of spraying grit they sprayed "atomic pie" filling, it would be more effective..

A few seasons back they were known as "Atomic pies", often in winter you would see people buy two mince pies before kick off and sit with them with their hands in their pockets to keep them warm. About 60 minutes into the match they were usually cool enough to eat.

After thousands of complaints of burnt hands/tongues/throats I believe they now take them out of the hot oven thing and store them on a shelf to let them cool down.

The snow problem could be dealt with if instead of spraying grit they sprayed "atomic pie" filling, it would be more effective..

They could just put one in the centre circle & it would clear the snow off the terraces.

Guest toonlass

They could just put one in the centre circle & it would clear the snow off the terraces.

Could sell some to the Boro and they would never have problems with games called off for snow again!

Guest toonlass

Anyone else remember "GUEST PIE" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Each match a random/not on the menu pie would grace the SJP kiosks.

They changed it to "GUEST PIE EATER" at half time, when an old, overweight ex-newcastle player graced the centre circle.

Guest michaelfoster

They changed it to "GUEST PIE EATER" at half time, when an old, overweight ex-newcastle player graced the centre circle.

Viduka next season then

I remember the "guest pie" was lamb and mint for about 3 years, talk about out staying your welcome.

Went to an away match with worksop town v Stamford in the FA trophy. The worksop fans ate the club out of pies :lol: The best thing about going to see worksop town as a child (apart from the fact we had waddle for a while) was the pie, peas, mint sauce and bovril. Yum.

Never had any food at SJP. Far too expensive like.

Guest toonlass

I love a good pie, but I find its not a good idea if you're wanting to get pissed.  Normally go to a pub for dinner before the match, get in my pre-match 6 pints then another couple at the game.

The labour club does a lovely pie and peas, shame it has a shit atmosphere.