Martins new contract on hold due to Kinnears illness

Guest sicko2ndbest

On top of being one of our best players, Oba also seems to have exactly the attitude we need. He never causes trouble, seems to enjoy being here and puts his all in on the pitch.

Agree entirely... what you on about, GM? ???

I'm just fucked off with hearing nothing but negative shit about NUFC...to the extent that when I read that article I just instantly reacted, by reflex, to the apparent lack of commitment to the cause and the apparent self-interest of Obafemi Martins. I'm sick of the way football is these days. Parasitic players leaching millions out of football clubs, and then rewarding fans with half-arsed efforts on the pitch, bringing the game into disrepute on and off the pitch, squeezing the clubs they play for absolutely bone dry for money, and all the while scheming of ways to get paid but skive off.

Maybe, in Oba's case, I've over-reacted in this instance. The main point of principle behind what I said stands though.

As does the (admittedly shit) analogy about buying Lamborghini's when a fast Mazda will do much the same job for less money. We're not a galactico club. Idolising players to the extent of almost deifying them makes fuck all sense and is in nobody's interests but the player and his agent.

Ah, fuck it. I've clearly got to go and find a dog to kick instead.

Guest firetotheworks

On top of being one of our best players, Oba also seems to have exactly the attitude we need. He never causes trouble, seems to enjoy being here and puts his all in on the pitch.

I'm just f***ed off with hearing nothing but negative s*** about NUFC...to the extent that when I read that article I just instantly reacted, by reflex, to the apparent lack of commitment to the cause and the apparent self-interest of Obafemi Martins. I'm sick of the way football is these days. Parasitic players leaching millions out of football clubs, and then rewarding fans with half-arsed efforts on the pitch, bringing the game into disrepute on and off the pitch, squeezing the clubs they play for absolutely bone dry for money, and all the while scheming of ways to get paid but skive off.

Maybe, in Oba's case, I've over-reacted in this instance. The main point of principle behind what I said stands though.

As does the (admittedly s***) analogy about buying Lamborghini's when a fast Mazda will do much the same job for less money. We're not a galactico club. Idolising players to the extent of almost deifying them makes f*** all sense and is in nobody's interests but the player and his agent.

Ah, f*** it. I've clearly got to go and find a dog to kick instead.

Aye, I dont think Martins fits in to any of that to be honest. He works hard and he's effective.

I'm just fucked off with hearing nothing but negative shit about NUFC...to the extent that when I read that article I just instantly reacted, by reflex, to the apparent lack of commitment to the cause and the apparent self-interest of Obafemi Martins. I'm sick of the way football is these days. Parasitic players leaching millions out of football clubs, and then rewarding fans with half-arsed efforts on the pitch, bringing the game into disrepute on and off the pitch, squeezing the clubs they play for absolutely bone dry for money, and all the while scheming of ways to get paid but skive off.

As does the (admittedly shit) analogy about buying Lamborghini's when a fast Mazda will do much the same job for less money. We're not a galactico club. Idolising players to the extent of almost deifying them makes fuck all sense and is in nobody's interests but the player and his agent.

Ah, fuck it. I've clearly got to go and find a dog to kick instead.

Fair enough, GM.

I think if they are putting a new manger it is his opinion to retain Oba or not. That might be the case.  JK wants him to stay but there is no way Ashley wait untile he comes back if we lose 3 games in a row.

Having said that I would love to have Martins sign in long term contract he is a type of player we need to retain. I don't mind if we get Bent and Gomiz as well in the summer and ship out Smith and Viduka and perhaps Owen......

I think if they are putting a new manger it is his opinion to retain Oba or not. That might be the case.  JK wants him to stay but there is no way Ashley wait untile he comes back if we lose 3 games in a row.

Having said that I would love to have Martins sign in long term contract he is a type of player we need to retain. I don't mind if we get Bent and Gomiz as well in the summer and ship out Smith and Viduka and perhaps Owen......

"Get Bent"?

We probably will. 

Guest The Libertine

does he still have that minimum fee release clause? if so, other teams couldnt have been THAT interested in him so there's probably little to worry about in that respect.

does he still have that minimum fee release clause? if so, other teams couldnt have been THAT interested in him so there's probably little to worry about in that respect.

£13m is a lot of money for someone who isn't the finished article and has had questions about his fitness the last year.

Guest The Libertine

£13m is a lot of money for someone who isn't the finished article and has had questions about his fitness the last year.

worse players have gone for more. he's a good enough goal scorer, he just needs some decent coaching to get him thinking more like a footballer and less like a child running to the shops.

One of very few in the current squad the board should be looking to keep long term.

However I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season at the club given the current turmoil at board and managerial level.

Currently we can't attract Michael Owen or Obafemi Martins to sign new contracts until a permanent managerial appointment is made by the board that shows some sort of ambition long term.

I can see him leaving.

He's obviously only around 50/50 about sticking around here and the board would certainly love to shift his high wages.

Hopefully we'll turn a profit on his fee and sell him abroad, would hate to see him scoring against us.

One of very few in the current squad the board should be looking to keep long term.

However I wouldn't be surprised if this is his last season at the club given the current turmoil at board and managerial level.

Currently we can't attract Michael Owen or Obafemi Martins to sign new contracts until a permanent managerial appointment is made by the board that shows some sort of ambition long term.

The 'new' manager will be Joe Kinnear.

missed 6 games in 2008 through injury right?

"What he wants to do now is to listen to Newcastle and see whether his ambition matches that of the club. If that be the case, he will be happy to stay on."

Good luck with that.

You never know he might have the same ambition as the club. Pocket the dolla $$$.

Guest neesy111

more than that, he didn't start for keegan until the birmingham away match which was 1/2 way through march, i think 6 is probably how many he's missed this season

more than that, he didn't start for keegan until the birmingham away match which was 1/2 way through march, i think 6 is probably how many he's missed this season

he was away for a while at the ACN

Yeah, it was only 6 through injury. The majority was ACN.

He was hardly ever injured in his first season aswell. God knows what would have happened if he had been.

I think we all know what would have happened to be fair, given that we finished on 43 points with him

Yeah, it was only 6 through injury. The majority was ACN.

He was hardly ever injured in his first season aswell. God knows what would have happened if he had been.

I think we all know what would have happened to be fair, given that we finished on 43 points with him

terrifying, isn't it.