Viduka on his way

Dave

I like Viduka's style and ability to hold up the ball, he's the sort of player that you would build a team around. However, he is a crock and when you see the club making smart signings such as Guthrie, Bassong and Jonas for next to nothing it's not hard to see why we want rid.

Pay as you play deal

Do any clubs offer these deal nowadays?

There's a debate in Norway about starting with pay as you play deals these days, and that idea is apparently based on the wage structure they have used for years in Germany.

Viduka set for Aussie return after injury ravaged season at St James' Park

Mark Viduka looks certain to return to Australia to play for the Melbourne Knights at the end of the season after Newcastle told him to forget a new contract.

The striker has only played five games this season due to injury.

I don't believe for a second he'll be playing for the Melbourne Knights in the Victorian State League - much more likely to be the Melbourne Victory in the national A-League...

Disappointed it never really happened for the V-bomber on Tyneside - "waste" is a word often used to describe his talent, and he probably wasted most of his best years in Scotland.

Still, as he showed against Tottenham, he has something no one else at our club has - genuine class. Too bad he doesn't have the fitness to go with it :(

Always injured therefore no loss and a huge saving on wages. To be fair I wouldn't have given Ameobi a new contract either because (apart from anything else) he is always injured too.

Owen is 99.99% sure to leave. We will have the following senior strikers at the start of the Summer: -

Martins (assuming no one tries to buy him), Ameobi (always injured and form is erratic to say the least), Xisco ("one for the future"), Smith (A striker who doesn't score goals) and Carroll (who supposedly turned down a new contract). Hopefully Lovenkrands will be a success and will be worth keeping.

Martins (assuming no one tries to buy him), Ameobi (always injured and form is erratic to say the least), Xisco ("one for the future"), Smith (A striker who doesn't score goals) and Carroll (who supposedly turned down a new contract). Hopefully Lovenkrands will be a success and will be worth keeping.

How fucking depressing.

Tragic waste of a brilliant footballer. As others have said, imagine if we'd got him a few years ago. I was against Souness signing him when he was after him, but he could have been a massive (ha, lol, lmao) player for us for the past few years.

goodbye and thanks for nothing, fat aussie b******

4-3-3 keegan? Nothing? He and Owen saved us man! :)

That's right, Martins did nothing and Viduka was like a Nistelrooy upfront...

Had a nice little purple patch about a year ago in which he looked good in the 4-3-3. Technically he's very good but that doesn't count for much because he was so unfit/lazy he could barely get around the pitch.

Could have been a really good buy for us had he stayed motivated and fit... but he didn't. He's no use to us if he's permanently injured. A waste of £4m a year wages.

He'll need replacing though.  :undecided:

Had a nice little purple patch about a year ago in which he looked good in the 4-3-3. Technically he's very good but that doesn't count for much because he was so unfit/lazy he could barely get around the pitch.

Could have been a really good buy for us had he stayed motivated and fit... but he didn't. He's no use to us if he's permanently injured. A waste of £4m a year wages.

He'll need replacing though.  :undecided:

For all intents and purposes, I think Carroll is good enough for now. Nowhere near Viduka's technical ability, but holds up the ball pretty well imo, and with a good manager to guide him he will get better. He's a brave boy and I think he has it in him.

If Viduka wasn't such a crock with a reputation, he wouldn't be at Newcastle. He'd be at one of the top clubs because he's such a good footballer. He's streets ahead of most of our players technically and he offers things that no other player in the squad could but its all wasted with his injury problems. If he gets some goals and gives us a decent amount of matches from now until May then I wont complaint too much. He's been a waste but I am certain if he can keep fit for even 10 matches he will play a massive part in keeping us up.

Guest firetotheworks

What was crystal clear on the few occasions that Viduka played was what a massive difference a truly class striker makes to the side. Imagine having Viduka in his prime. What a waste.

My thoughts exactly.

Guest Magpie007

How come he's on 80K a week and Shay was only offered 50K a weekto stay  :idiot2:

Because we signed him on a free transfer.

so because he signed on a free he's on 30K a week more than some one who had been at the club over 10 years and is one of the best keepers in the world  :crazy2:

If Viduka wasn't such a crock with a reputation, he wouldn't be at Newcastle. He'd be at one of the top clubs because he's such a good footballer. He's streets ahead of most of our players technically and he offers things that no other player in the squad could but its all wasted with his injury problems. If he gets some goals and gives us a decent amount of matches from now until May then I wont complaint too much. He's been a waste but I am certain if he can keep fit for even 10 matches he will play a massive part in keeping us up.

Get real! You're laughable...