United to combat season ticket fears

ToonTastic

Remember last year when they were saying the same things?

When they invited all the box holders and grovelled to them to renew with the promise of big signings and entertaining football?

:lol:

At least we had Keegan then ffs.

When are the mugs on this board going to wake up?

They'll probably knock half the Milburn down just to achieve it; it's the Ashley/Llambias way - crush something beyond repair to achieve overall goal.

I'm feeling stupid. Care to expand on what you mean there?

Yorkie's off form today. Cut him some slack. He can't expand on babble  :joker:

When they invited all the box holders and grovelled to them to renew with the promise of big signings and entertaining football?

I'm trying to find a post in this thread which connects to yours.

EDIT - you mean the NUFC board?

They'll probably knock half the Milburn down just to achieve it; it's the Ashley/Llambias way - crush something beyond repair to achieve overall goal.

Sorry, wasn't a well-orchestrated quip. :razz:

Goal: sell all season tickets

Method: knock down loads of seats, therefore - none of them are empty (crushed beyond repair)

Goal: achieve the low-budget, low-wage transfer recruitment system

Method: force Keegan out, bring Kinnear in (crushed beyond repair)

Never mind. Was tongue in cheek. :blush:

lol at Themanupstairs.

Yorkie's off form today. Cut him some slack. He can't expand on babble  :joker:

Cut him some slack? He is genuinely hurted my head.  :tickedoff:

I have signed up for the direct debit and do not intend to cancel, maybe I am stupid but, I just support Newcastle........  Anyway that wasn't my point!

The direct debits were supposed to start on 10th Feb and to date they haven't taken any money!  Wonder if I am going to get a further discount and they are waiting to work out the details???  Hopes in vain!

They have from me, £49.40 out of my bank account on the 10th :(

I have signed up for the direct debit and do not intend to cancel, maybe I am stupid but, I just support Newcastle........  Anyway that wasn't my point!

The direct debits were supposed to start on 10th Feb and to date they haven't taken any money!  Wonder if I am going to get a further discount and they are waiting to work out the details???  Hopes in vain!

Its just a number man, wont hurt you.

Announcing a new manager and a couple of 'good' players before July 1st would go a long way to reducing the discontent and solving their worries. It's in their own hands really.

Absolutely. A year ago Ashley was still looking to make fairly big name managerial appointments in Redknapp and Keegan. I get the feeling he might go bargain basement in the current climate which would be a mistake. He can't expect to sell season tickets if he pulls anothe Kinnear out of the hat - assuming he actually moves this one aside rather than let him sign another contract.

Guest johny2k

I got the same letter but just rang my bank and although my direct debit was set up, newcastle cancelled it so still not took the money, this happened to anyone else?

It was a response to the original post.

I mean the people on this forum who still think we need to relax and give Ashley time to fix the problems at the club.

Its just a number man, wont hurt you.

£49.4! Holy shit, that's not just any number!

49 x 4 x 3 (Wise, Llambias and Ashley) + 78 (the year we went down) = 666

AYYYYIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!  :frantic:

I mean the people on this forum who still think we need to relax and give Ashley time to fix the problems at the club.

So my first point stands then.

Guest toonlass

Mine and the bairns DD was taken on the 12th Feb and I am happy enough to keep paying that way. Its the cheapest option for me and the bairn to see the home games, and I will still be going to as many away games for the remainder of this season and next season as money, time and babysitting options allow.

one way to increase ticket sales and commercial revenue - improve the football team. even with the best will in the world gimmicks or special deals are just a form of damage limitation. especially in a recession, the football team has to be that extra bit special to ensure that when people try to trim their outgoings, the season ticket isnt the first to go.

Absolutley.  You'll get no disagreement from me that Ashley and Shepherd are as ugly as each other.

Absolutley.  You'll get no disagreement from me that Ashley and Shepherd are as ugly as each other.

Or me.

Or me.

As ugly as you? naah. only GM is as ugly as you tbh

Fuck that for a box of pennies, I'd nosh down on Ashley's cock WAY before Freddy's.

Fuck that for a box of pennies, I'd nosh down on Ashley's cock WAY before Freddy's.

Why is that?  Serious question.

Is the politics/finances of the club more important to you than what happens on the field.

Freddy and John might have fattened the golden goose to feed themselves, but Mike is just letting the Goose waste away.

At least we as fans got something from the previous regime.

Are you saying you'd prefer bottom half mediocrity, balanced books and an owner who only takes back what he puts in over European football, debts comparable with other clubs and an owner creaming off some of the profits?

Cutting off your nose to spite your face if you ask me.

f*** that for a box of pennies, I'd nosh down on Ashley's cock WAY before Freddy's.

Why is that?  Serious question.

Is the politics/finances of the club more important to you than what happens on the field.

Freddy and John might have fattened the golden goose to feed themselves, but Mike is just letting the Goose waste away.

At least we as fans got something from the previous regime.

Are you saying you'd prefer bottom half mediocrity, balanced books and an owner who only takes back what he puts in over European football, debts comparable with other clubs and an owner creaming off some of the profits?

Cutting off your nose to spite your face if you ask me.

Eh ?? He just thinks Ashley looks hot while Fat Freddy does not