Beye back before the end of the season?

Dave

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1559966,00.html

Exclusive: Beye Sets Sights On Toon Return

By Craig Hope

HABIB Beye has told Newcastle United fans that he is itching to get back in action and help the Magpies continue their climb away from the top-flight trapdoor.

The Senegal ace suffered ankle ligament damage during the 2-1 defeat at Wigan on Boxing Day following a reckless challenge from Latics midfielder Lee Cattermole.

But, having now discarded his crutches and protective boot, Beye is stepping up his comeback bid at the club's North Tyneside headquarters.

And while a first-team return may be at least eight weeks away, the former Marseille skipper is hopeful of lending his weight to United's survival cause for what could be a decisive final month of the season.

"I've now started my recovery and I can do some work with my ankle on the bike and also some boxing," Habib told nufcTV in an exclusive interview.

"I hope to be back training in about five weeks but I don't want to rush things because it was a bad injury.

"I want to come back with a solid ankle so if I have to wait a little bit longer then so be it.

"Myself and the Doc decided not to have surgery and he has done a great job with me and my ankle feels good."

But Beye admits it was a difficult period in the New Year as he limped into training each day only to watch his team-mates head out to continue their preparations for the next match.

"When you come into training on your crutches every day and you see your team-mates going out to training it's hard," he added.

"But now I'm a part of the team because when you have crutches and you do nothing you think you are nothing!

"It's good to have my boot off so I can come back into training and sweat a little bit.

"I have to work hard and the hard work is still ahead of me, but I'm very happy to be back working towards playing again.

"Three months out is a long time and I just can't wait to be back."

:smitten:

It's really cool to see how much he is enjoying it at Newcastle as he was a bit sceptical about coming to the club if I remember correctly. All this despite the fact the team has been pretty crappy while he has been here too.

I love Habib, Cattermole's up there with Solskjaer for this shit. Next time we play Wigan should be the next time Alan Smith pulls on a black and white shirt, fuck the points, let's just finish this despicable little bastard's career.

It'll be nice to have him back. :)

Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique are our best back 4 by miles.

Beye brings the rest of the back four up a level imo. He marshalls them, he's an outlet because he's so good on the ball and he'll pop up and do someone else's job if they get caught, usually with a ridiculously good tackle. Class act.

It'll be nice to have him back. :)

Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique are our best back 4 by miles.

Beye brings the rest of the back four up a level imo. He marshalls them, he's an outlet because he's so good on the ball and he'll pop up and do someone else's job if they get caught, usually with a ridiculously good tackle. Class act.

:nods:

The whole side looks more solid when he plays. I'd be very confident of staying up if that 4 manage to play the last 8 games together as a unit.

I love Habib, Cattermole's up there with Solskjaer for this s***. Next time we play Wigan should be the next time Alan Smith pulls on a black and white shirt, f*** the points, let's just finish this despicable little b******'s career.

That would be the only time I could actually feel that it was worth paying to watch Smith.

We should have more songs for someone who is so popular at the club.

Habib Beye, you took all our troubles so far away,

And now we hope that you're to stay,

Oh, we believe in Habib Beye.

To the tune of Yesterday- The Beatles.

:clap2:

Guest toonlass

We should have more songs for someone who is so popular at the club.

Habib Beye, you took all our troubles so far away,

And now we hope that you're to stay,

Oh, we believe in Habib Beye.

To the tune of Yesterday- The Beatles.

:clap2:

You should put that in the songs thread

Got one to shout at Cattermole the ****.

Got a good reason for taking the f***er out,

Got a good reason for taking the f***er out,

He was a Beye tripper,

One bad tackle, yeah,

It took him so long to come back,

But he came back!

To the tune of Day Tripper- The Beatles.

:knuppel2: