Beye back before the end of the season?

Dave

It'll be nice to have him back. :)

Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique are our best back 4 by miles.

Beye brings the rest of the back four up a level imo. He marshalls them, he's an outlet because he's so good on the ball and he'll pop up and do someone else's job if they get caught, usually with a ridiculously good tackle. Class act.

As a pure defender he's up there with the best I've seen playing for the club, he's up there with the Woodgates. The centre backs look twice as good when he's there alongside because he covers any mistakes. He's got everything...pace, good reading of the game, exceptional tackler, strong in the air and a real warrior mentality. He'd grace any team tbh.

It'll be nice to have him back. :)

Beye, Coloccini, Bassong and Enrique are our best back 4 by miles.

Beye brings the rest of the back four up a level imo. He marshalls them, he's an outlet because he's so good on the ball and he'll pop up and do someone else's job if they get caught, usually with a ridiculously good tackle. Class act.

Absolutely. We look a much better team when he's playing.

Habib Beye targets return to face Arsenal

Feb 25 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

HABIB BEYE says he hopes to be back to boost Newcastle United’s Premier League survival bid in time for next month’s mammoth home clash with Arsenal.

In an in-depth interview with the Chronicle, the popular defender spoke openly for the first time since having his ankle shattered in a horror tackle by Lee Cattermole last Boxing Day at Wigan.

Toon star Beye revealed he has yet to receive an apology from the ex-Middlesbrough man after the X-rated incident.

Cattermole was at the centre of another storm at his old club this weekend with Didier Digard stretchered off and facing a long-term lay-off, although Boro boss Gareth Southgate has accepted the player got to the ball first during the 0-0 draw.

However, Beye is only looking forward and hopes his return to fitness can coincide with Newcastle sealing their place in the top flight next month.

Beye said today: “We have talked about Chelsea on April 4.

“But I would like to think I could be back in the team for the Arsenal game (on March 21). I was determined to play again this season.

“On Boxing Day, they thought four months – now I am one month ahead.

“If I’m back by the end of March there will be six or seven games to play.

“That wouldn’t be bad.

“This has been a hard season for us so if I can salvage something from it, brilliant.

“The doctor said five or six weeks at the most and three weeks at the least.

“I want to come back quicker, but the important thing is not to feel any pain when I come back. If it is three weeks, perfect. If it is five, it’s five.

“I have had a bad injury and I want to make sure I come back without pain.

“There is no point in rushing now as I have waited almost three months.

“That is long enough, but I am confident of coming back quicker.

“Three weeks would be perfect.”

Beye lifted the lid on the day Newcastle lost 2-1 at Wigan and he was stretchered off after just 38 minutes.

Since then United have won just one in 10, and Beye admits his frustration at missing out on another large chunk of a campaign in which he has already spent time out on the sidelines with Achilles trouble.

He added: “It was one of the most harrowing experiences of my career.

“I thought my leg was broken.

“When I went to the hospital it was a relief as they said nothing was broken.

“But when I came back to Newcastle the doc sent me for a scan to look at the ankle"

Habib Beye sees bright future at Newcastle United

Feb 25 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

HABIB BEYE has revealed he is optimistic about the future of Newcastle United.

The Senegal international has expressed his desire to commit his future to the club after a turbulent period which has seen James Milner, Charles N’Zogbia and Shay Given leave Toon.

The 31-year-old defender is out of contract in June 2010 but is keen to extend his stay and potentially finish his career on Tyneside.

Beye told the Chronicle: “We’ll see.

“We will talk with the club.

“I have one year left and I’m not the type of player who enjoys being at the end of his contract.

“We will talk to the club at the end of the season.

“I’ve given my best for the club and I am happy to be here.

“I want to play for Newcastle.

“I’ve had a bad time in the last two months but lots of fans have said they want me back.

“It’s been good for me being in Newcastle and I have a good relationship with the fans and I give my best for the fans and the club.

“I want to stay here and continue doing my best.

“For me there are plenty of things to look forward to next season and, with a settled team, without the turmoil, we can do well

“So I hope that we can talk with the club and find a solution.”

Beye has endured a season of frustration after picking up both Achilles and ankle injuries this term.

But he says that has been a constant theme throughout the club this season and, had United been able to field their strongest line-up, they could easily be talking about the top six.

The ex-Marseille captain said: “I think Newcastle have been very unlucky this season.

“Look at the injuries.

“We’ve had Oba, Alan Smith, myself, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and lots of others out. It’s a long list.

“When you have these type of players you need them to play.

“They are first choice, and when there are five or six of them missing it’s hard.

“We have missed their experience.

“It’s unlucky for the club.

“If you wrote the team down on paper, it’s a good team.

“The manager has never had the chance to put his best team out.

“Owen, Viduka and Martins have not played together yet.

“When you have this type of strike force you will do well.

“There is nothing you can do.

“You can only pray!”

Guest diddimz

Its my 21st on the 22nd of march (which just so happens to be the 21st over your side of the world), I'd be satisfied if all i got that day was Beye to make his return.