St James' Park Stadium Tour - Any Good?

Guest johnson293

Guest johnson293

Got some gift vouchers at Chrimbo for the Official Stadium Tour at St James'.

Gonna take the bairn tomorrow, with it being half term.

Theres a brief idea of what you see on the website, but just wondered if anyone had been on one of these, and could give an idea if its really any good?

Says you go to the Pitchside to the dugouts, and into the Changing rooms - but do they have the player shirts on the pegs, or is it just empty?

Guest geordienorway

Got some gift vouchers at Chrimbo for the Official Stadium Tour at St James'.

Gonna take the bairn tomorrow, with it being half term.

Theres a brief idea of what you see on the website, but just wondered if anyone had been on one of these, and could give an idea if its really any good?

Says you go to the Pitchside to the dugouts, and into the Changing rooms - but do they have the player shirts on the pegs, or is it just empty?

I went last year, and there are shirts on the pegs. I can also confirm that Emre had a bunch of Turkish football-magazines on his place. He was probably more interested in those than doing a job for us.

Went 2 or 3 years ago thought it was much better than the nou camp tour

I thought that was a bit of a let down as well.

I havnt been on the SJP tour, although I really want to as it looks amazing.

Nou Camp is a fucking shitpile.

Bernabéu ftw.

Nou Camp or "Camp Nou" looks like a 1970s multi storey car park from outside. All rough, grey concrete. When I went on the tour someone in the group shouted "Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll" in the media centre. The previously miserable looking club employee who was in the room broke a smile.

I enjoyed the Newcastle one (apart from getting told off for going into the room connected to the changing room with the physio table in it).

Went 2 or 3 years ago thought it was much better than the nou camp tour

I thought that was a bit of a let down as well.

I havnt been on the SJP tour, although I really want to as it looks amazing.

Spent most of my tour ripping it out of a couple of mackems who happened to be in the same group. Highly amusing...to me at least.

Nou Camp or "Camp Nou" looks like a 1970s multi storey car park from outside. All rough, grey concrete. When I went on the tour someone in the group shouted "Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll" in the media centre. The previously miserable looking club employee who was in the room broke a smile.

I enjoyed the Newcastle one (apart from getting told off for going into the room connected to the changing room with the physio table in it).

It's Camp Nou. It's never been Nou Camp. So why you have "Camp Nou" in the " " I fail to understand.

I went in 2005 and I loved it. Didn't get to see the changing rooms, though (apparently because it was the day before a match). Would have liked to been all over the stadium, but we only wandered around the Milburn and Leazes L7.

It's Camp Nou. It's never been Nou Camp. So why you have "Camp Nou" in the " " I fail to understand.

Because it is Camp Nou but most English speaking people call it the Nou Camp. The quotes were for quoting what it is really called. Does my explanation for my use of quotation marks meet with your approval master?

Guest johnson293

Well, went on this today, and took my 5 year old son with me - was a canny tour, and ran for almost two hours.

Tour takes in the directors box, then up into and outside the executive boxes, then up to level 7. On the way they show you the function and hospitality areas, one of which is like a gallery of all the past No.9's from Gallacher through to Shearer. The guide talks about each one.

Then its back down and over through the players entrance, into the home and away dressing rooms. There were shirts on pegs, but not actual match shirts, just named/numbered ones. Then we went down the tunnel to the pitchside, and around the dugouts - then it was back, and into the media suite where the tour ended.

We were told to, and able to take as many photos as we wanted, and the tour guide was a canny bloke - Pretty well informed.

The tour didn't go to the trophy room (if it still exists) or the club museum (again, not sure if this is still there).

However, it was a decent morning out for the little un, and has hopefully whetted his appetite for going to see a match there.

We had vouchers that I got for Christmas, but the cost is £10/adult and £7/child.

Certainly worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been/thinking of going.

Guest toonlass

Well, went on this today, and took my 5 year old son with me - was a canny tour, and ran for almost two hours.

Tour takes in the directors box, then up into and outside the executive boxes, then up to level 7. On the way they show you the function and hospitality areas, one of which is like a gallery of all the past No.9's from Gallacher through to Shearer. The guide talks about each one.

Then its back down and over through the players entrance, into the home and away dressing rooms. There were shirts on pegs, but not actual match shirts, just named/numbered ones. Then we went down the tunnel to the pitchside, and around the dugouts - then it was back, and into the media suite where the tour ended.

We were told to, and able to take as many photos as we wanted, and the tour guide was a canny bloke - Pretty well informed.

The tour didn't go to the trophy room (if it still exists) or the club museum (again, not sure if this is still there).

However, it was a decent morning out for the little un, and has hopefully whetted his appetite for going to see a match there.

We had vouchers that I got for Christmas, but the cost is £10/adult and £7/child.

Certainly worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been/thinking of going.

Cheers Johnson, was thinking about taking my bairn but wasn't sure if it would be worth the money. Will definitely do it now.

Because it is Camp Nou but most English speaking people call it the Nou Camp. The quotes were for quoting what it is really called. Does my explanation for my use of quotation marks meet with your approval master?

Nope, you should've had Nou Camp in the quotation marks with the explanation you provide, which was also my point in the first place. :pow: Though I admit I seem to have worded my point weirdly.