Hypothetical Scenario

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

Now I know this is a bit grim but I was thinking what would happen if the England first team + subs were lost on the way to a major competition, a plane crash or something.

Which players would be chosen to make the step up to the national team? What would it mean for the future of English national football? Also what consequences would this have on the premier league and future title hopefuls?

Thinking about it teams like Man U and Chelsea would lose some key players while the likes of us Fulham even Arsenal now I think about it would stay pretty much if not entirely intact.

Discuss.

Think of the compensation they'd get. We got £10m for Owen hurting his Knee for a few months, they'd get more than enough to strengthen adequately.

I didn't know that there were compensaiton packages for such a scenario, who pays the clubs?

FA I think that paid us for Owens knee, since he crocked it when with England.

The FA would probably withdraw from the competition but could go with...

Harper

Richards        C.Davies        Wheater        Lescott

Milner              Sidwell          K.Richardson  A.Johnson

Bent              Owen

The FA would probably withdraw from the competition but could go with...

Harper

Richards         C.Davies         Wheater        Lescott

Milner              Sidwell          K.Richardson   A.Johnson

Bent               Owen

the FA WITHDRAW from a money making competition?      mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Most likely they'd rush out a special edition black fringed England strip and start building a Mausoleum for the dead at Wembley - entrance £5

Harper

P. Neville      C.Davies        Richards    Bridge

Milner              Parker        Bullard      K. Richardson

Bent              Owen

I think you'd need Phil Neville's experience in the team.

Now I know this is a bit grim but I was thinking what would happen if the England first team + subs were lost on the way to a major competition, a plane crash or something.

Which players would be chosen to make the step up to the national team? What would it mean for the future of English national football? Also what consequences would this have on the premier league and future title hopefuls?

Thinking about it teams like Man U and Chelsea would lose some key players while the likes of us Fulham even Arsenal now I think about it would stay pretty much if not entirely intact.

Discuss.

Couldnt lock just get killed and get the team to go back before they were lost?...1966 would be a good place to restart.