What a soberer!

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

In these days, where we have a footballer at our club who is on more than £100,000 a week and will probably move on because he wants more, and other players who have 4 cars sitting in the garages of their homes I have just read something that made me feel really sad on the BBC text thing.

"Stevo, please spare a thought for Weymouth today, playing what could be their last ever game. All our senior players left the club yesterday because the club couldn't afford to pay them in 2009! We have our under-18 team playing today, and despite lots of hard work by the fans, it looks like the end of the road for us today. Our 119-year history could be coming to an end at 5pm..."

I don't know about you, but I just feel so sorry for their fans, who undoubtably love their club as much as we love ours, despite not playing in the premiership, or ever being likely to have seen europe. But to know that their club might not exist after tomorrow just feels so strange.

Can remember all the senior players at Weymouth getting sacked a few years back as well, all the players were in the changing rooms packing stuff for the trip to Spain, the gaffer came in with a piece of paper that the captain thought was the flight itinery, when it was a letter from the chairman saying all of the senior players had until the end of the day to collect their stuff and get out.

Sad thought :thdn:

I'm amazed that their under-18 has such a low level of ability.

It'll be basically be lads who go to high school/college against professional footballers.

Conference is hardly consisting of just "professional" footballers. :pow:

I was wondering how they managed to lose 0-9 today. :no:

Horrible thought to think this could be their last ever day as Weymouth FC. Chances are they'll do a 'Wimbledon' and reform the club. Still though, such a shame to hear that.

Guest Slippery Sam

I read that the reason the first team had not played is because they weren't insured.

Yes, they hadn't been paid either, but if the insurance story is correct it shows this whole thread in a different light, non?

Oh, and M Owen wont want to leave to get more money. I would have thought that was a preposterous assumption?