Blame the players

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest JonnyRogers

OK Roeder is the one that picks the team, but the players he selects, isn't it down to them to perform?

Babayaro, Bramble, Moore and Carr have all played patheticly this season, Taylor and Ramage should be in the team (OK Roeder's fault there)

Duff has been pretty shoddy so far, he has so much more to offer.

Emre is half the player he was last season, can't remember the last time i saw him thunder into a tackle or hit a shot on target!

Parker has got quieter since playing against Croatia, confidence has taken a knock but he shouldn't carry international baggage into Newcastle games

Butt is crap, same applies for Sibierski

Solano seems to be losing it with age

The only players you can not have a go at are Milner (who's working his balls off to try and stay at the club), Rossi (who just isn't good enough) and Zog who usually tries his best.

Guest Kenton Magpie

We had the chance to rectify this in the summer, the whole set up from top to bottom is just as much to blame as the other!

Believe me, the players deserve their fair share of blame, but it's the job of the manager to bring out the best from his squad. Roeder just doesn't seem like he has the slightest idea of how to motivate, and the players have gotten apathetic. There's absolutely no team chemistry there, it's like none of them have ever played together before. A good manager can pull a team out of a slump. Ours is just making it worse.

Guest JonnyRogers

A good manager pulled a team out of a slump last year. He brought out the best in his players then! He has the ability to do it again!

A good manager pulled a team out of a slump last year. He brought out the best in his players then! He has the ability to do it again!

No he doesn't, he will not have the Souness leaving effect.

Guest geordieracer
The only players you can not have a go at are Milner (who's working his balls off to try and stay at the club),

what gives you that idea? i can't see why he would want to stay here at all at the moment.. he's always gave his all where ever hes been.. i really can see him, luque and emre leaving in january

i belive  that  these players don t give a sh-- about nufc  , the defense  should of been strenghtend from  the end of last season  please get rid of these  hopless defence  babayro  carr  bramble  when  your weak at the back  its always on your mind and gives the opposion hope  this is reflected allover the park  at 0-0 you always have a chance  ....  yes blame the players

Agree completely. I've never seen a more gutless display in all my life. They were outplayed and, more importantly, out-fought by a poor side who just wanted it more, simple as that. I'd fine the lot of them 2 weeks wages.

honstly what worries me is , ive never seen the toon give up so easily tonight  in my life  yes may be away from home  but not at st james  i feel gutted  glen oviously tries his best  and it aint working  , their are a lot more hidden agendas  here from attutide to ability ... p s  please get rid of the scouts and the  laughable  medical team by getting a lie detector and  pay as you play  rule  lol

honstly what worries me is , ive never seen the toon give up so easily tonight  in my life  yes may be away from home  but not at st james  i feel gutted  glen oviously tries his best  and it aint working  , their are a lot more hidden agendas  here from attutide to ability ... p s  please get rid of the scouts and the  laughable  medical team by getting a lie detector and  pay as you play  rule  lol

Give Sheff utd some credit they .they know we have no pace movement or big target man up front, so they worked hard closing down making sure we were reduced to aimless long balls which was never going to trouble their defence.Dowie did the same with Charlton last week. Never thought id would say it but we  do miss Shola (ok then a big target man)

rossi had a horrible game today. everytime he got the ball, he took a touch and then lost it. if it was shola, people would be making death threats.

Guest crantonscracker

When someone has the position of manager at a football club they are not naive and know that they will be to blame if things go wrong!

SO FOOK OFF ROEDER!  :wullie:

Rossi just not good enough? Are you a moron?

I think he is spot on. Today he looked nothing like a talented footballer.

I'm very concerened about Steven Taylor. Not making the starting eleven is one thing, but on a day when Craig Moore is dreadful and he loses his place on the bench to Peter Ramage, he has to consider his future at the club. I know he is young and maybe he hasn't been as good as last season, but I've watched him over the years in the England youth-teams aswell as a lot of his performances for Newcastle. He is class. Moore is an ex-alcoholic and Bramble will always produce these decent games just to slip and give away a goal. If Roeder and Pearson wants someone to build our defence around it's Taylor, no one else. They need to show some belief in his ability, then he will shine again + he, apart from the likes of Moore, is hungry for success and has a point to prove in the Premiership, and considering Taylors past he should be aiming for nothing but the England national team.

honstly what worries me is , ive never seen the toon give up so easily tonight in my life yes may be away from home but not at st james i feel gutted glen oviously tries his best and it aint working , their are a lot more hidden agendas here from attutide to ability ... p s please get rid of the scouts and the laughable medical team by getting a lie detector and pay as you play rule lol  to be honest i dont care about sheff utd  and knew that they would battle their  hearts out

Give Sheff utd some credit they .they new we have no pace movement or big target man up front, so they worked hard closing down making sure we were reduced to aimless long balls which was never going to trouble their defence.Dowie did the same with Charlton last week. Never thought id would say it but we do miss Shola (ok then a big target man)

honstly what worries me is , ive never seen the toon give up so easily tonight in my life yes may be away from home but not at st james i feel gutted glen oviously tries his best and it aint working , their are a lot more hidden agendas here from attutide to ability ... p s please get rid of the scouts and the laughable medical team by getting a lie detector and pay as you play rule lol

Give Sheff utd some credit they .they new we have no pace movement or big target man up front, so they worked hard closing down making sure we were reduced to aimless long balls which was never going to trouble their defence.Dowie did the same with Charlton last week. Never thought id would say it but we do miss Shola (ok then a big target man)

okay right i don t really care about sheff utd and i expect the same type of play from reading and watford who came up last season hard working and so on  , so we knew how they were going to aproach the game .... its just i thought that maybe technically  better players would  see us through      how wrong was i 

I'm very concerened about Steven Taylor. Not making the starting eleven is one thing, but on a day when Craig Moore is dreadful and he loses his place on the bench to Peter Ramage, he has to consider his future at the club. I know he is young and maybe he hasn't been as good as last season, but I've watched him over the years in the England youth-teams aswell as a lot of his performances for Newcastle. He is class. Moore is an ex-alcoholic and Bramble will always produce these decent games just to slip and give away a goal. If Roeder and Pearson wants someone to build our defence around it's Taylor, no one else. They need to show some belief in his ability, then he will shine again + he, apart from the likes of Moore, is hungry for success and has a point to prove in the Premiership, and considering Taylors past he should be aiming for nothing but the England national team.

No, he's not.

Rossi has got bags of talent.  Hard to show it when you're only 5'9" and you get balls pumped up to you from the keeper tbh

I really dont think we should be looking to blame everyone, not at all productive, we need to look at constructive criticisms, and then consider how we could possibly improve the situation.

Right now, our problems stem from bad management - the fault of our abysmal chairman's inabilty to recognise a good manager even if it performed a striptease in a brothel for him. To improve the situation, we need to press for the departure of both Roeder and Shepherd, and get behind the eleven players who are selected to play each game.

i agree with that, but whenever he got the ball to his feet he always lost it. he's a good player, but he had a shity game today, evenwithout the shitty distribution from harper.

No, he's not.

Rossi has got bags of talent.  Hard to show it when you're only 5'9" and you get balls pumped up to you from the keeper tbh

Agreed.  It's amazing that the players are actually stupid enough to listen to the manager and continue to do it, never mind the manager being stupid enough to allow/tell them to keep doing it.

Agreed.  It's amazing that the players are actually stupid enough to listen to the manager and continue to do it, never mind the manager being stupid enough to allow/tell them to keep doing it.

That seems to be Roeder's only tactic, long balls in the general direction of the strikers. Surprise, surprise, doesn't seem to be working for us.