Our rugby team have shown they can do it - why not us ?

Guest Phil K

The Falcons showed a great deal of backbone to beat Saracens 12-9 from behind Friday. They were down among the dead men and are now pulling away and it looks certs Bristol to go down now.

So why not us too ? A double yes, but a long ug,ly way from the Falcons winning the championship and the cup and NUFC finishing 2nd in the Prem a couple of times and FA Cup finalists

God....I meant it as a slight boost. Now I'm all depressed....

Eh?

Do I need to make it even SIMPLER FFS ?????????????????????

OK - now follow the words... The Newcastle Falcons were also (like us) in danger of relegation.

With me so far ?

They have turned things round and now are very unlikely to go down - I hoped NUFC would go the same route (lost you yet ?)

I then harked back less than a decade to when the Falcons won a Championship and won the cup too - and at that time we were doing quite nicely too

Thinking of which, it depressed me rather than cheered me up

I never really thought it so difficult to follow. They are after all, another Newcastle club albeit in Rugby....

what?

AH ! I get it - (more than you lot do, obviously....) it's an attempt at humour.

And a  wrestling youtube....right. Dress as the Undertaker, and wrestle with your teddy bear, eh ?

Meanwhile, back in Reality St....

f*** the Falcons!!!! We should have followed the lead of Newcastle Eagles who beat Everton Tigers twice in the last 5 days.

Personally I think basketball is a waste of lighting and a sad waste of a parquet flooring.

That said, I was delighted with their wins.

I repeat - for the terminally dim (not low on "Whatage" though....)

Would be nice if our own footie team showed a similar amount of ressurection that the rugger and basketball teams do (added Basketball for your benefit !)

I see your parallel, John Gibson did a article recently in the Chron highlighting the similarities both clubs (backroom staff changers/owners who tried to sell/relegation battle/Number 10's being out)

More than the dog-turd between the ears bunch gathered about us on this subject, mate.

brilliant thread with intelligence perspective.

here you go.... :pow:

If my IQ was halved,  - it'd still more than double yours, sunbeam.

If you and the others are so monumentally dumb as to not see that a local rugby team has turned the corner, and I mention how I'd like NUFC to do the same, then the occasional disgust at the peabrained mentality of some on here is sadly an UNDERSTATEMENT.

Guest Stephen927

Theres only so much you can achieve with backbone.

We won't go down but we won't achieve much without some quality and flair in key areas.

The City of Newcastle does quite well, having the sports (nearly said 'sporting'!) clubs that represent it, in the TOP leagues in most of the major team sports in the UK.

NEWCASTLE FALCONS

Rugby Union. 

In the top league. Struggling.

NEWCASTLE EAGLES

Baketball. 

In the top league. CHAMPIONS and the 'Manchester United' of Basketball (win most things most seasons).

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Football (!). 

In the top league. Struggling.

NEWCASTLE VIPERS

Ice Hockey. 

In the top league.  Mid table.

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS

Speedway. 

In the Second top league (which is called the Premier League).  Average to struggling.

and nearby . . .

DURHAM CCC

Cricket. 

In the top league.  CHAMPIONS.

GATESHEAD THUNDER

Rugby League. 

In the second top league (the National League 1, Rugby League's equivalent of the championship) They are moving to Newcastle soon, seemingly.

Just out of interest - if anyone is . .  er . .  interested!!  (probably not)

Gateshead Thunder are in the National League 1 (rugby league's equivalent of the championship, for those that don't know) so only a promotion away from Super League.  :pow:

Really? Good to hear. How are they doing in that league do you know?

Guest Heneage

BRILLIANT thread, can't say I'm surprised when I look at who started it.

Someone put that knob away please...

Oooh shut that door!

http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/images/2/29/Larry_grayson_bw_headshot.jpg

Gateshead Thunder are in the National League 1 (rugby league's equivalent of the championship, for those that don't know) so only a promotion away from Super League.  :pow:

Really? Good to hear. How are they doing in that league do you know?

Season hasn't started yet. Only the National Rail Cup where they've won one and lost one.

There's no promotions in Rugby League.