“I'm currently playing”

Yorkie

On 17/01/2023 at 16:07, Coco said:

Just had my best run so far. Farming gold in the library to get some unlocks before trying to progress. Unlocked the Vandalier in my last one, and if felt like cheating. :lol:

Wait until you get Queen Sigma.

16 hours ago, OpenC said:

Most of the mechanics on display here, other than the counter which nobody will be surprised to hear I'm not using, and the ranged attack which works as an interrupt.  Dodge and dash are very Sekiro as you can probably see, and there's no stamina bar 

You get the unchangeable armour and sword, and one changeable weapon (the spear/halberd that sometimes appears here) to do damage, but that damage will heal unless you use the claw to wipe that section of dealt damage permanently. Claw does no damage on its own, it's only to consolidate other damage.  Works quite well.  HP is just like From, the other bar is Energy which you use to power your changeable weapon.

Honestly decent. First boss spoilers here but they won't help you, he's fucking rock hard IMO

oooooh

Been playing Tales of Arise on Steam Deck. More or less the perfect game for that platform.

Not played any of the Tales series before. Very fun and casual.

Downloaded Chained Echoes to play next.

I can't get into Arise, am due to try again soon though :)  Only ones I ever really got away with was Tales of Graces F on PS3, and the remake of Vesperia.  I liked the look of Arise and I played a good few hours of it but the battle system always ends up doing my head in eventually.

Edited by OpenC

I have a very high tolerance for repetitive combat in games, but even so it is pretty repetitive. Still, enjoyed my time with it. Think I'm at the endgame now. 

Edited by Smal

14 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You just drag and drop the VHS tapes in the video part of the TV in device settings, right? 

If you have them in your main inventory, I think you can press B and a little window will pop up. You have to be on the little vcr bit of the device settings, though

Monster Hunter Rise, just gone onto Gamepass. Hopefully a bit more accessible than others in the series but no doubt I'll have given it up due to overwhelming complexity in no time, like all the others :)

(also gone onto pass are Persona 3 and 4 for those of you who couldn't get enough of the dismal snoozeathon that was 5 :shifty:)

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

Monster Hunter Rise, just gone onto Gamepass. Hopefully a bit more accessible than others in the series but no doubt I'll have given it up due to overwhelming complexity in no time, like all the others :)

Aye, that lasted about as long as expected :lol: I wish I could get into these games but they just leave me cold every time

I managed to get into Rise a bit last year, it's the only one I've enjoyed for any sustained length of time tbh. There's fun to be had with the zip fly movement system and a few of the weapons. However, it's still too bloated and repetitive, and became exhausting to play eventually. 

After about 25 minutes in my case :lol: I just don't know what it is, it's not like they have the most complicated mechanics I've ever played but there's just something about them that makes them, exactly as you say, exhausting. I've never even tried any crafting in them, it's just the regular gameplay. I didn't even get as far as swinging a sword in this one before I'd had enough :lol:

Fire Emblem Engage, gameplays great with some nice new additions to the combat mechanics like break (enough of a weapon triangle advantage that you stop the opponent from counter attacking) but story feels like a major step down on three houses so far and character design has some........interesting choices 

Just started a "Mars Horizon" run. Haven't ever finished a game of that. My buddy and I did two games of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager the last month. He took the Soviets and I beat him to the moon in both games.  Likely play one more.

Stray

Just got to the ‘Slums’ level early in the game and I’m completely engrossed in this world. It’s been a while that I’ve played a game in which I’m so hooked to discover every bit of environmental detail hidden away. Absolutely love how they’ve designed these environments to be so dense with detail.

The novelty of playing as a cat also enlivens standard platforming mechanics just by altering how you perceive and interact with objects to solve problems. 

On 05/01/2023 at 11:19, BlueStar said:

OK, this has grabbed me.  Links Awakening crossed with Dark Souls.  Almost all the text in the game is an indecipherable script, dialogue boxes etc. As you go along, you find pages of the game manual, from which you can work out what to do. They're in the same script, but with illustrations and the occasional English word in a graphic. So it's like getting a game in the 80s which was in Japanese, and trying to work out how to play it without understanding most of the in game text. The combat is surprisingly unforgiving and very soulsy in that when you die, you tend to know it's because of your own carelessness or misjudgement. 

I tried it on Gamepass at the same time as I was trying Death's Door and I ditched it in favour of the latter, which was subsequently ditched itself. Maybe it's time I tried it again :)

It never changes.  If you don't already like it, you're not going to like it IMO :)  Play it as far as the incinerator and if it hasn't grabbed you, sack it off

Edited by OpenC

7 minutes ago, OpenC said:

It never changes.  If you don't already like it, you're not going to like it IMO :)  Play it as far as the incinerator and if it hasn't grabbed you, sack it off

Yea it think your right, only playing it because i got it free on epic. Thought id give it ago :thup:

10 hours ago, danny said:

Death Stranding, please tell me this gets better. Im only early ingame (delivering the meds to the prez) and sooooooo bored already

No, it doesn't. One of the most boring games of all time, but got a lot of praise for being "different". 

I'm playing Elden Ring at the moment. I'm not even enjoying it due to getting my arse handed to me every 10 minutes, but keep going back to it, and that's always the sign of a good game. The artwork is amazing. Playing it maxed out at 1440p with an RTX 3080... It's worth playing just to take screenshots of the landscape.