The trouble we are in...

Guest Blood
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok I am about to try and unravel all off the annoyances out of my head after just coming back from the game...here goes...

I think that the club has issues that need addressing from the top down, so I shall start at the top!

The Board...

I strongly believe that the club is corrupt from the very top in terms of financial goings on - for example Doug Hall being in Gibraltar working for Newcastle United Gibraltar Ltd or whatever the hell its called in that tax free area. When people say that Fat Fred has given the managers money to spend it is our money! He hasn't invested anything himself - its all been bank loans and other peoples investments. He still walks away with a neat salary. Long term planning from the top does not exist and can be seen in various instances - Bobby Robson - no plan as to a long term successor, Alan Shearer - had a whole season to look for a top replacement. An absolute catalogue of PR errors and strange quotes from Fat Fred in his time at the helm has plunged the clubs name into the spotlight for the wrong reasons - Sky must absolutely love it - all the stories they need! Also I firmly believe that FS has too much to do with the football side of the club - if Bobby's autobiography is true he had far too much say in transfers and the team.

The Manager and coaches...

I think the state of the game in general today is high pressure, and managers are not given long to prove themselves however.... linked to the board and planning I feel that if a successor was groomed for Bobby Robson a lot of issues wouldn't have arisen. Souness was a mistake, a catastrophic mistake who mismanaged players and rid the squad of youth and talent. Roeder did well last season, however I have started to see flaws in tactics and decisions - for instance why take Milner off today (after switching him from right to left wing!) when in my humble opinion he appeared to be possibly our brightest player? Have they had a fall out perhaps?! The coaching staff appear to be doing well at youth levels whereas I would like to know what input and effect Terry Mac has on proceedings?!!?

The Team...

I think the team need to take a step back and look at themselves. They need to ask themselves are they doing enough for the badge? Our squad is quite capable of being successful. Confidence appears to be low, goals are not coming from anywhere, creativity is poor, players are underperforming - is this linked to the coaching aspect? Chucking money at the team is not the answer to solve all our problems however, we have seen that! The staff at the club must look at other clubs- how they deal with training etc and get the best out of that 11 on the pitch no matter what.

The Fans...

Ok some may think we are beyond criticism and are totally within our right to feel annoyed after years of underperformance, however I still have a few annoyances - maybe Im alone here but.... Over criticism of players such as Luque and Martins who appear to be scapegoats for everything that goes wrong on the field of play, a) they are never going to be Shearer so stop bleeting on that "If Shearer was in that position..." and b) supply could be more effective from the players behind them. The guy behind me today for instance was bollocking Roeder for not getting Luque on fast enough and 5 minutes later was aiming his abuse at him!!! Apart from that I think our fans are the best in the world - would 50,000 people turn up anywhere else in the world to watch that tripe today? We need to get behind the lads and be positive - a lot of people sitting around me don't bother applauding or singing when the good stuff (little as it may be!) occurs, but bollock the arses off everything going on when the bad bits happen (all the time at the moment!)

Sorry for the rant, sorry for perhaps boring you! These are just my opinions and it would be nice to hear what people think as well - maybe all of the above is utter bollocks and I am on a different planet!!!

Rant over!

good post/rant.

agree with the fans bit, and one more criticism I want to add is that it has taken the vast majority too long to wake up about our beloved chairman...i just pray it isnt too late!

Ok I am about to try and unravel all off the annoyances out of my head after just coming back from the game...here goes...

I think that the club has issues that need addressing from the top down, so I shall start at the top!

The Board...

I strongly believe that the club is corrupt from the very top in terms of financial goings on - for example Doug Hall being in Gibraltar working for Newcastle United Gibraltar Ltd or whatever the hell its called in that tax free area. When people say that Fat Fred has given the managers money to spend it is our money! He hasn't invested anything himself - its all been bank loans and other peoples investments. He still walks away with a neat salary. Long term planning from the top does not exist and can be seen in various instances - Bobby Robson - no plan as to a long term successor, Alan Shearer - had a whole season to look for a top replacement. An absolute catalogue of PR errors and strange quotes from Fat Fred in his time at the helm has plunged the clubs name into the spotlight for the wrong reasons - Sky must absolutely love it - all the stories they need! Also I firmly believe that FS has too much to do with the football side of the club - if Bobby's autobiography is true he had far too much say in transfers and the team.

The Manager and coaches...

I think the state of the game in general today is high pressure, and managers are not given long to prove themselves however.... linked to the board and planning I feel that if a successor was groomed for Bobby Robson a lot of issues wouldn't have arisen. Souness was a mistake, a catastrophic mistake who mismanaged players and rid the squad of youth and talent. Roeder did well last season, however I have started to see flaws in tactics and decisions - for instance why take Milner off today (after switching him from right to left wing!) when in my humble opinion he appeared to be possibly our brightest player? Have they had a fall out perhaps?! The coaching staff appear to be doing well at youth levels whereas I would like to know what input and effect Terry Mac has on proceedings?!!?

The Team...

I think the team need to take a step back and look at themselves. They need to ask themselves are they doing enough for the badge? Our squad is quite capable of being successful. Confidence appears to be low, goals are not coming from anywhere, creativity is poor, players are underperforming - is this linked to the coaching aspect? Chucking money at the team is not the answer to solve all our problems however, we have seen that! The staff at the club must look at other clubs- how they deal with training etc and get the best out of that 11 on the pitch no matter what.

The Fans...

Ok some may think we are beyond criticism and are totally within our right to feel annoyed after years of underperformance, however I still have a few annoyances - maybe Im alone here but.... Over criticism of players such as Luque and Martins who appear to be scapegoats for everything that goes wrong on the field of play, a) they are never going to be Shearer so stop bleeting on that "If Shearer was in that position..." and b) supply could be more effective from the players behind them. The guy behind me today for instance was bollocking Roeder for not getting Luque on fast enough and 5 minutes later was aiming his abuse at him!!! Apart from that I think our fans are the best in the world - would 50,000 people turn up anywhere else in the world to watch that tripe today? We need to get behind the lads and be positive - a lot of people sitting around me don't bother applauding or singing when the good stuff (little as it may be!) occurs, but bollock the arses off everything going on when the bad bits happen (all the time at the moment!)

Sorry for the rant, sorry for perhaps boring you! These are just my opinions and it would be nice to hear what people think as well - maybe all of the above is utter bollocks and I am on a different planet!!!

Rant over!

The fans did not tell Luque that he was playing for the shirt on Thursday only to take it back today, that was the manager.

Guest Micktoon

Take one fucking look at our first team coaching staff.

Lee Clark, Terry Mac and Glenn Roeder. Fuck me it's no surprise we're in the shit. If that lot had one more brain cell they could bark.

Guest thepigofbishop

Im sick of reading the post the fans need to get behing the team blah blah blah, the fucking team needs to repond to the crowd and be bloody thankfull of the position they are in.

THE TEAM NEED TO REVITALISE THE CROWD WE CANNOT GO ON AND ON ACCEPTING SHITE IM FUCKING SICK OF IT.

Luque has not been given a fair crack of the whip but you cannot help thinking the bloke doesnt give a fuck

Duff is a right lazy Bastard, i now see why Chelsea wanted rid

Martins is Lua Lua in disguise but shiter. Oh and dearer.

Carr is the worst full back in the division, why doesnt ramage get his place its fucking beyond me ???

The team should be asked do you really want to be here if the answer is no then sell them give youtha chance let people who do give a fuck fight.

The fans tried to raise the team in the second half, there was a fair amount of noise compared to our normal atmosphere. It didn't work.

At the end of the game, the team got what they deserved - a sound booing.

Take one ****ing look at our first team coaching staff.

Lee Clark, Terry Mac and Glenn Roeder. Fuck me it's no surprise we're in the shit. If that lot had one more brain cell they could bark.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Guest thepigofbishop

The fans tried to raise the team in the second half, there was a fair amount of noise compared to our normal atmosphere. It didn't work.

At the end of the game, the team got what they deserved - a sound booing.

Sheperd should have barged into that dressing room and told every one of the twats they wernt going to be getting paid, and watch the results including Roeder.

Today for the third time Titus instead of passing the ball blasted it straight out of play right next to Roeder, what did he say i hear you ask well FUCK ALL THATS WHAT FUCK ALL.

They seemed to argue amongst themselves about whether to bring Luque or Ramage on!! Looks like the preparation and planning is leaking dwon from the boardroom!

Guest thepigofbishop

Roeder incapable of managing his staff thats what, his decision should be final, does he really think by taking off his jacket and standing with his arms crossed, occasionaly rotating them to try and inspire a pass forward, the bloke is a muppet.

There is no REAL experience in the backroom team, I think that when Bobby first came to the club he introduced routines, methods, procedures etc. we could do with characters that players can learn off, be structured from and look up to. Clarkie can become this, but needs an experienced team around him.

Guest Hviding

From bbc's site today

Seems there is no crisis, its only a rumour

"Monday's football gossip

Newcastle crisis deepens, plus other rumours"

Agree 100% with the lead post. Nice one. Read NUFC.com for a similar comment but shifting the start of the rot back 10 years.

Remember Keegan scrapped the reserves, the youth system was none existent, we were on a high and there was no planning short or long term. The only change to this was the reorganisation under SBR.

Unfortunately the Board (including Sir John Hall) saw the Premier rejuvination as a money machine hence the club becomming a Plc - very large profit there. Now there is talk of a take over - another very large potential profit. How mamy times can you spend 100 million?

This club is at the point where it is broken. Its time to rebuild but the guys with the glue are clueless and the team - underperforms disgracefully.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd will not quit his post despite fans calling for him to go following the home defeat to Sheffield United. (Various)

Magpies fans have slammed the club's decision to play the Blades on Saturday night - thereby taking the money for Sky television coverage instead of delaying the game by 24 hours because of their Uefa Cup match last Thursday. (The Sun)

Selective reporting tis only a very small part of it :roll:

Youth tbh.  Give Gate a game (cant believe he's 22 and he hasnt played yet), Look at Pattison more, Troisi, Edgar, Hunty, Krooool i mean with the amount of shit we've seen, they surely cant be much worse.

I think part of the problem is exemplified by the number of options you've got in your poll...nobody really knows how to put us back together again now. To be honest, ALL of the options need to happen to some extent.

On reflection, one of my biggest worries right now is how some players are being picked no matter how bad they are, even if there are other players who can fit in.  My main gripes being Carr, Bramble, Babayaro and yes, Mr Duff.

How are we going to get players motivated when they know that they are guaranteed a place, even when they play sh*te???

Worringly still is the seemingly pinpointing of N'Zogbia for a good part of the blame and what appears now to be a consistent isolation of the lad.  Mr Bramble appears bullet proof in comparision.

Its these sort of things that make me worry about whether we will get out this mess, I really think we will go down with Roeder at the helm.