In your lifetime..

Fatwax

...do you think you'll ever see Newcastle:

Win the Carling Cup

Win the FA Cup

Win the Premier League

Win the UEFA Cup (or equivalent)

Win the Champions League

Just curious to see how much people really believe we'll see us lift some silverware. I'm only 23 and I've been supporting the club properly since about the age of 4 I'd say. I really don't know if I'll ever see us achieve any of the above.. but most fans I talk to seem to think that we definitely will.

What do you think?

Guest guinness_fiend

any team could get bought by some billionaire and buy there way to trophies. see chelsea.

Well, we're half way there I suppose.

Guest diddimz

I suspect towards the end of my life we will start doing great, get back into the champions league again, make the final, against Barcelona. And thenthe day before I'll suffer a severe heart attack, die, and miss seeing us win our first silverware in what will then be 100 years.

Is there another club in Europe more desperate for a trophy than us?

Of course. Several clubs bigger than us who have gone less time without a trophy are more desperate as success is expected. Or how about the millions of clubs that have not and never will win anything.

Also, for the record, I'm only 19, so I really do hope that I live to see alot of things, including Newcastle winning something. The last time a team I follow in football won anything was in 1996 (national team), so anything would be nice.

A lot is made, in media circles, about the fact that we haven't won anything for 50+ years but, I guess the fans' expectations at Newcastle coupled with our very successful history is to blame for that.

Look at Aston Villa, they have almost as big a gap between their last trophy as we have had (even without the mini European success we had with the Fairs and Texaco trophies in the 70's) but, they are not being lambasted for it season after season.

I would love to see us win something but, I fear I will have to be satisfied with our mid 90's mini successes in coming 2nd a couple of times and the FA Cup semi finals, the Charity Shield defeat in Shearers first season, the Cardiff appearences.  All those nearly's have distroyed my optimism I am afraid.

Win the Carling Cup

Win the FA Cup

Win the Premier League

Win the Champions League

Just curious to see how much people really believe we'll see us lift some silverware. I'm only 23 and I've been supporting the club properly since about the age of 4 I'd say. I really don't know if I'll ever see us achieve any of the above.. but most fans I talk to seem to think that we definitely will.

What do you think?

did this in my lifetime.

Win the Carling Cup

Win the FA Cup

Win the Premier League

Win the Champions League

What do you think?

did this in my lifetime.

You're old.

Win the Carling Cup

Win the FA Cup

Win the Premier League

Win the Champions League

What do you think?

did this in my lifetime.

You're old.

no im not

A lot is made, in media circles, about the fact that we haven't won anything for 50+ years but, I guess the fans' expectations at Newcastle coupled with our very successful history is to blame for that.

Look at Aston Villa, they have almost as big a gap between their last trophy as we have had (even without the mini European success we had with the Fairs and Texaco trophies in the 70's) but, they are not being lambasted for it season after season.

I would love to see us win something but, I fear I will have to be satisfied with our mid 90's mini successes in coming 2nd a couple of times and the FA Cup semi finals, the Charity Shield defeat in Shearers first season, the Cardiff appearences.  All those nearly's have distroyed my optimism I am afraid.

Villa did win the big one in 1982, and some league cups since - guess that's why they aren't lambasted like we are.  Hope we can get some trophy or other soon tough!