Llambias - Gone?

Thespence

NEWCASTLE United managing director Derek Llambias has revealed the Magpies are expanding their global scouting network.

Llambias told the Chronicle on February 12 that youth development is high on Mike Ashley’s wish-list at Newcastle and that United were aiming to compete with the cream of Europe when it comes to bringing the world’s top youngsters to St James’s Park.

Llambias was in the firing line at a supporters panel meeting last night at Gallowgate and spent almost three hours answering fans’ questions over concerns about the future of the club.

He said: “We have scouts everywhere already.

“But we’re expanding, we have to expand our web out there.

“We’re looking at players in Brazil. We have recently improved links in Ireland and Scandinavia.”

Newcastle are looking to bring on starlets like 16-year-old Slovenian Haris Vuckic, Aussie Brad Inman and Brazilian Caio Ferreira while also making sure they get the best out of their regional catchment area.

Llambias said: “We have plans for the club and we are taking them forward.

“We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen.

“We pinpoint a player and then we go out and look at him.”

Fans were told the club have a plan in place if they are relegated to the Championship but Llambias feels it won’t be needed and was confident of survival.

The managing director also revealed that should Michael Owen leave the club in the summer the would find an adequate replacement.

Owen is out of contract in July and asked for time to think about his future after United offered him an improved deal in December.

That deal was withdrawn on January 1, with Llambias confirming earlier this month that a new deal would be offered to the injured England international.

Other items from the meeting to emerge were that the club hope to come to a conclusion over the transfer fee of ex-Real Mallorca winger Jonas Gutierrez this week and that Kinnear will be backed upon his return to the St James’s hotseat.

United’s director of football Dennis Wise was at Craven Cottage watching Fulham’s 2-1 win over Swansea in the FA Cup fifth-round replay last night.

All well and good, what I like to hear.

Obviously however, the club needs to make sure it also gets in some reinforcements who can do the job now as opposed to potentially in the future.

Guest The Libertine

“There seems to be a misconception that the money NUFC makes goes to Mike, but we won’t take a penny out. All the money that is generated will go back into improving the football club.

Debatable, so far.

key word, club. not just team.

Be interesting to see the reactions to this compared to the Kinnear stuff from yesterday. Most believed that he was telling the truth there, but I've got a feeling there will be a lot of "bullshit!" in this thread.

Be interesting to see the reactions to this compared to the Kinnear stuff from yesterday. Most believed that he was telling the truth there, but I've got a feeling there will be a lot of "bullshit!" in this thread.

People believe the Kinnear stuff because Kinnear himself came out before he was sick and said a long term contract was on the table.

As it was said in another thread a lot of people don't believe the positive things he says believe the bad things (JFK ect).

Can't say I blame them, I'm a bit on that wavelength myself. It's up to Ashley/Llambias to prove what they say, they mean. Not just empty promises.

NEWCASTLE United managing director Derek Llambias has revealed the Magpies are expanding their global scouting network.

Llambias told the Chronicle on February 12 that youth development is high on Mike Ashley’s wish-list at Newcastle and that United were aiming to compete with the cream of Europe when it comes to bringing the world’s top youngsters to St James’s Park.

Llambias was in the firing line at a supporters panel meeting last night at Gallowgate and spent almost three hours answering fans’ questions over concerns about the future of the club.

“We’re looking at players in Brazil. We have recently improved links in Ireland and Scandinavia.”

Newcastle are looking to bring on starlets like 16-year-old Slovenian Haris Vuckic, Aussie Brad Inman and Brazilian Caio Ferreira while also making sure they get the best out of their regional catchment area.

“We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen.

Fans were told the club have a plan in place if they are relegated to the Championship but Llambias feels it won’t be needed and was confident of survival.

The managing director also revealed that should Michael Owen leave the club in the summer the would find an adequate replacement.

Owen is out of contract in July and asked for time to think about his future after United offered him an improved deal in December.

That deal was withdrawn on January 1, with Llambias confirming earlier this month that a new deal would be offered to the injured England international.

Other items from the meeting to emerge were that the club hope to come to a conclusion over the transfer fee of ex-Real Mallorca winger Jonas Gutierrez this week and that Kinnear will be backed upon his return to the St James’s hotseat.

United’s director of football Dennis Wise was at Craven Cottage watching Fulham’s 2-1 win over Swansea in the FA Cup fifth-round replay last night.

Wonder who he was looking at

Llambias told the Chronicle on February 12 that youth development is high on Mike Ashleys wish-list at Newcastle and that United were aiming to compete with the cream of Europe when it comes to bringing the worlds top youngsters to St Jamess Park.

Llambias was in the firing line at a supporters panel meeting last night at Gallowgate and spent almost three hours answering fans questions over concerns about the future of the club.

He said: We have scouts everywhere already.

But were expanding, we have to expand our web out there.

Were looking at players in Brazil. We have recently improved links in Ireland and Scandinavia.

Llambias said: We have plans for the club and we are taking them forward.

We have a grid that is made up by the manager and it highlights the areas we need to strengthen.

We pinpoint a player and then we go out and look at him.

Fans were told the club have a plan in place if they are relegated to the Championship but Llambias feels it wont be needed and was confident of survival.

Other items from the meeting to emerge were that the club hope to come to a conclusion over the transfer fee of ex-Real Mallorca winger Jonas Gutierrez this week and that Kinnear will be backed upon his return to the St Jamess hotseat.

Uniteds director of football Dennis Wise was at Craven Cottage watching Fulhams 2-1 win over Swansea in the FA Cup fifth-round replay last night.

Roberto Martinez with a bit of luck

Jason Scotland would be my bet. Perfect replacement for Mr.Owen....

:(

The Times reckon we're planning on opening an academy in France.

Do you have a link or can you C & P the story?

I have often though with the amount of players we have signed who come from the slums of France it would be worthwhile getting stuck in there looking for players. We have players at the club now who can tell us the places to look & get our club accepted in areas WHITE ENGLISH BLOKES should not go. Personally, I would have a black French speaking coach on the staff at reserve or 1st team level.

I have often though with the amount of players we have signed who come from the slums of France it would be worthwhile getting stuck in there looking for players. We have players at the club now who can tell us the places to look & get our club accepted in areas WHITE ENGLISH BLOKES should not go. Personally, I would have a black French speaking coach on the staff at reserve or 1st team level.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5804457.ece

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5804457.ece

:thup:

How can someone called Happy Face be such a fucking misery? :lol:

I chose the username at a time when I was so optimistic I kept supporting Souness...then Roeder... and then Allardyce.  Flying in the face of much opinion on this forum at the time.

Things are far worse now than at any time under any of those managers.

Fact.

How can someone called Happy Face be such a fucking misery? :lol:

I chose the username at a time when I was so optimistic I kept supporting Souness...then Roeder... and then Allardyce.  Flying in the face of much opinion on this forum at the time.

Things are far worse now than at any time under any of those managers.

Fact.

:nope: