Who are your favourite players who never quite made it...

Heron

On his day Domi was probably the best fullback I've seen at the club.

Very similar in style to Clichy.

Think it was Leeds 2-1, Domi made an absolutely class tackle down the left then put a perfect ball into the box.  Can't mind who scored the header though.

That about summed his ability up, a real top left back at one point.

Guest palnese

Think it was Leeds 2-1, Domi made an absolutely class tackle down the left then put a perfect ball into the box.  Can't mind who scored the header though.

the 2-2 game you mean? Shearer scored twice for us.  My first game <3<3<3<3

Guest firetotheworks

Dizzys a good shout like. Not because he didn't make it, just because out of the rest of the attacking players we had in that era he was probably the worst. Not exactly an insult though.

Viana - a player who should have become more than he is/was. A real talent - shame it's never been realised.

I also had a lot of time for another lad from Portugal we had - anyone remember Helder, the DC we got on loan from Depor, back in 99/00? He looked really classy and scored against the mackems at their place too, IIRC.

the 2-2 game you mean? Shearer scored twice for us.  My first game <3<3<3<3

Domi was gone by then. IIRC that was opening day of 02-03, when Bernard was probably left back.

Although he did make it for us I always thought we could have got more from Steve Watson. Not our Gerrard like HTT said mind, however still think he was a good player for us but could have been more.

On that note Robbie Elliot was underrated first time around as well.

Douglas Rinaldi. Signed for us in our Premier League season - looked proper useful and rather skilful. Took on the whole Chelsea team at home (ran from one box to another taking on a few players (4/5 of them)) and his shot went for a corner. Composed, strong good passer and was Brazilian. Never played last season for no apparent reason and failed to settle properly. Right shame.

Rinaldi was a funny one, he was the one creative bright spark in Watford's PL season... then he disappeared from the team, and was released 6 months later.

Watford had a lot of soldiers that year, but not much flair, and the fact he stood out in the PL but then didn't get used in the Championship did surprise me.

Aidy didn't think he'd suit the game, or that he wasn't mentally stable to play. He only played 10 or so games in the PL (second half of the season), but played well the whole time and imo was better than that fat lump Damien Francis. It's a shame, I really did like him a lot.

Aidy didn't think he'd suit the game, or that he wasn't mentally stable to play. He only played 10 or so games in the PL (second half of the season), but played well the whole time and imo was better than that fat lump Damien Francis. It's a shame, I really did like him a lot.

I'd think it would be the second case, even if he was unsure of his capability, he'd surely get a run out in the Carling Cup or even as a sub when there was a few injuries.

Boothroyd isn't stupid enough to think that flair players simply won't work in the Championship. Because they do, but you need a grafter next them (if they're a CM ofc).

I'd think it would be the second case, even if he was unsure of his capability, he'd surely get a run out in the Carling Cup or even as a sub when there was a few injuries.

Boothroyd isn't stupid enough to think that flair players simply won't work in the Championship. Because they do, but you need a grafter next them (if they're a CM ofc).

He played in both CC games last season (along with the rest of the reserves...) but was in the reserves itself for the rest of the season and never got in the side.