Gallowgate Today

Tooj

Guest smoggeordie

Some gadgie was fighting with someone in front of him over booing the team. Along the lines of:

"If it's that shite, fuck off somewhere else"

"no, i pay 500 quid to watch this shit so im entitled to my opinion"

"i wish we had 36000 genuine fans in here rather than wankers like you"

........etc...

We were chanting "We want Shepherd Out" and some arse was like "support the team man!". The stupid thing was he was saying this as he was leaving 10 minutes before the end! It got a bit heated.

Guest smoggeordie

We were chanting "We want Shepherd Out" and some arse was like "support the team man!". The stupid thing was he was saying this as he was leaving 10 minutes before the end! It got a bit heated.

So it was yee behind me having that argument then? :lol:

Guest pedros-mighty-chin

fucking clampits.

how anybody can justify saying "get behind the team" when we are getting beat off a shitepot outfit like Sheffield United is beyond me.

the lads get paid handsomly for doing what they love. if they play well we'll back them. if they serve up the kind of shite we witnessed yesterday then we'll let them know its shite.

what do people expect ? to cheer home a one-nil defeat as if we've just done Man U 3-nil to win the title?

So it was yee behind me having that argument then? :lol:

bluebiggrin.gif

There was "i'll see you outside" and all sorts.

After the incident in the middle of the gallowgate with the 'response team' bloke trying to get someone out there was another near to where I was in the corner.

Some lads behind me were chanting sack the board, shepherd out and this mentally unhinged/overly aggressive bloke took exception to it and started to hurl abuse 'get behind the team', then walked up the steps to confront/pick a fight.

I was sure the bloke had a young lad with him too (nice example to set).

Even under Souness the atmosphere wasn't as ugly (more deep gloom than anything), and a lad sat directly in front of me took his little lass out sharpish to avoid any bother.

One thing I did notice, no bloody stewards anywhere to be seen, bloody vanished.

After the incident in the middle of the gallowgate with the 'response team' bloke trying to get someone out there was another near to where I was in the corner.

Some lads behind me were chanting sack the board, shepherd out and this mentally unhinged/overly aggressive bloke took exception to it and started to hurl abuse 'get behind the team', then walked up the steps to confront/pick a fight.

I was sure the bloke had a young lad with him too (nice example to set).

Even under Souness the atmosphere wasn't as ugly (more deep gloom than anything), and a lad sat directly in front of me took his little lass out sharpish to avoid any bother.

One thing I did notice, no bloody stewards anywhere to be seen, bloody vanished.

Yep that was me, my dad and my brother. This bloke (who may or may not have been Howaythelads  bluebiggrin.gif) started mouthing off, we shouted back and it all got a bit nasty. Steward came in to sort it out but in reality did very little. The mouthy lad, buggered off.

Sounds a prime hypocritical wanker.

I thought the protest was very well doen and in  no way was it pointed at Roeder and the lads, the booing at HT and at FT was exspected and very well deserved, I am sure every Toon player that cares does not have a problem with it.