They are getting ready to blame KK for less transfer money (smoke, mirrors etc).

Parky

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

He's doing fuck all to the fans :lol:

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

+ keegan lied.

I'm sending this post to his lawyers.

They do need all the help they can get i suppose.

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

He's doing f*** all to the fans :lol:

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

Maybe true - but there's obviously no doubt in your mind that is what happened and that it all happened in that order, what source do you have to back it up?

Keegan's contract with the club is thought to have included a clause that whichever party broke it would owe the other £2m in compensation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7613562.stm

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

There's been nothing in the press about this for obvious reasons so a few people on here must have inside knowledge  :shifty:

Guest The Libertine

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

There's been nothing in the press about this for obvious reasons so a few people on here must have inside knowledge  :shifty:

about various things during his time here and from his own mouth. coupled with various mort quotes, he might find he hasnt much of a case.

Maybe true - but there's obviously no doubt in your mind that is what happened and that it all happened in that order, what source do you have to back it up?

Keegan's contract with the club is thought to have included a clause that whichever party broke it would owe the other £2m in compensation.

A few quotes from a BBC sports reporter about the cause of the dispute and a fair amount of speculation.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

about various things during his time here and from his own mouth. coupled with various mort quotes, he might find he hasnt much of a case.

Show us where he lied.

A few quotes from a BBC sports reporter about the cause of the dispute and a fair amount of speculation.

It was widely reported in other outlets at the time, the BBC link was the closest to hand. The Beeb aren't the type to post scurrilous rumours and conjecture either so there is probably some mileage to it.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Pride, passion, stubbornness Vs snide, cut-throat, legally experienced businessmen.

He hasn't got a hope in hells chance. His actions were not thought out, he blew his top, lost his cool, there's no chance he did the right thing legally when he left us in the shit thats for sure.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Very much in the same way Mike "Yes, Keegan has full control.....oh wait, no he doesn't" Ashley lied.

It seems pretty clear to me that due to the fact it's being settled out of court your man Mike and his pals have realised that they're the ones who'd be over a barrell if it went any further.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

???

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Very much in the same way Mike "Yes, Keegan has full control.....oh wait, no he doesn't" Ashley lied.

It seems pretty clear to me that due to the fact it's being settled out of court your man Mike and his pals have realised that they're the ones who'd be over a barrell if it went any further.

True dat.

He's doing fuck all to the fans :lol:

All that might be true or it might be utter shit.

Anyway, whilst I don't like this situation, I don't see what is so wrong about the idea of our budget being reduced if the club has to compensate Keegan. Keegan sued them, which was his prerogative, even if he was pushed into such a decision. I'm not pointing the blame at him or anything as such, that's just the way it is.

Unless the club have a legal fund that is always kept separate and healthy in monetary terms, I don't see what is so remarkable about the possibility of compensation money taking away from our transfer budget. That's just the way it is, the club and Ashley have their money and they either take out more loans to cover the budget/compensation, or they don't. Ashley is wealthy but we're talking millions of pounds here, and I'm sure its not something Ashley had planned for financially.

Guest icemanblue

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

True dat.

Word.  They're fucked if Keegan comes out and confirms to us what we're already thinking.

Anyway, whilst I don't like this situation, I don't see what is so wrong about the idea of our budget being reduced if the club has to compensate Keegan. Keegan sued them, which was his prerogative, even if he was pushed into such a decision. I'm not pointing the blame at him or anything, that's just the way it is.

Unless the club have a legal fund that is always kept separate and healthy in monetary terms, I don't see what is so remarkable about the possibility of compensation money taking away from our transfer budget. That's just the way it is, the club and Ashley have their money and they either take out more loans to cover the budget/compensation, or they don't. Ashley is wealthy but we're talking millions of pounds here, and I'm sure its not something Ashley had planned for financially.

It just seems like a cheap point scoring attempt by MA and co. If that's the case then fine but don't say you 'can't discuss the situation' in one breath and then blurt out how it's going to effect the club in another.

If Keegan doesn't have a chance, why are the club not taking it the distance?

They'd save a load of money, prove to the world that they were right and probably get a shitload of fans back onside.

Anyway, whilst I don't like this situation, I don't see what is so wrong about the idea of our budget being reduced if the club has to compensate Keegan. Keegan sued them, which was his prerogative, even if he was pushed into such a decision. I'm not pointing the blame at him or anything, that's just the way it is.

It just seems like a cheap point scoring attempt by MA and co. If that's the case then fine but don't say you 'can't discuss the situation' in one breath and then blurt out how it's going to effect the club in another.

I can agree that it doesn't need to be said. Publicly, at least.

If Keegan doesn't have a chance, why are the club not taking it the distance?

They'd save a load of money, prove to the world that they were right and probably get a shitload of fans back onside.

Strange isn't it.  :coolsmiley:

Guest The Libertine

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

But Mort was quick to play down that speculation, saying of Wise's role: "When we interviewed Kevin for the manager's position we said we wanted a particular structure in place with someone experienced working with the board, particularly on recruitment and developing the Academy.

"At that time we had narrowed it down to two or three names and we gave those names to Kevin. He knew the structure and the individuals involved and we wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it."

"I think it's positive," Keegan said, "as long as I can get on with my job and I get all the help I need as it has been put to me. You'd be a fool to say, 'I don't want that'.

"I talked with Dennis before the game and he wished us all the best. I knew he was one of two or three names put forward.

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in.

"I'm all for the changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"They want somebody on the board who understands football and Dennis Wise, whatever anybody wants to write about him, understands football. I know Dennis and I think it'll work very well. He'll report to me."

Wise, the former Chelsea captain, will be joined on Tyneside by Tony Jimenez as vice-president (player recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid to take up the position of technical co-ordinator.

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," Mort added

there's more about him wanting to break world transfer records even though he knows we cant. i'll find them later. feel free to dismiss these or twist to suit agenda.

I can agree that it doesn't need to be said. Publicly, at least.

They have zero sense of decorum.

Guest The Libertine

found the quote. certainly adds fuel to the "£200 million" thing. again, feel free to dismiss or twist.

Newcastle broke the world transfer record in 1996 under Keegan when Alan Shearer joined from Blackburn for £15 million and is refusing to rule out another ground-breaking deal under the auspices of the club's billionaire owner Mike Ashley.

"I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people," Keegan added. "It would be nice to break a world record. Why rule it out. I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are.

''Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer. If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction.

"It's who you can get. Last time, apart from probably Alan Shearer, most of the people - like David Ginola - it was because something had happened. He had the chance to play at Barcelona but came here."

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

True dat.

Word.  They're f***ed if Keegan comes out and confirms to us what we're already thinking.

Not true necessarily. The exact sequence of events that led to Keegan going is known only to those who were directly involved. It would come down to a court having to believe someone's word against the other party, and thats in both the constructive dismissal case and the breach of contract case. How can anyone predict who a court would believe in those circumstances? Both parties are on risk of losing, which is why a settlement is the way it is going.   

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

But Mort was quick to play down that speculation, saying of Wise's role: "When we interviewed Kevin for the manager's position we said we wanted a particular structure in place with someone experienced working with the board, particularly on recruitment and developing the Academy.

"At that time we had narrowed it down to two or three names and we gave those names to Kevin. He knew the structure and the individuals involved and we wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it."

"I think it's positive," Keegan said, "as long as I can get on with my job and I get all the help I need as it has been put to me. You'd be a fool to say, 'I don't want that'.

"I talked with Dennis before the game and he wished us all the best. I knew he was one of two or three names put forward.

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in.

"I'm all for the changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"They want somebody on the board who understands football and Dennis Wise, whatever anybody wants to write about him, understands football. I know Dennis and I think it'll work very well. He'll report to me."

Wise, the former Chelsea captain, will be joined on Tyneside by Tony Jimenez as vice-president (player recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid to take up the position of technical co-ordinator.

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," Mort added

there's more about him wanting to break world transfer records even though he knows we cant. i'll find them later. feel free to dismiss these or twist to suit agenda.

How are those quotes incriminating?

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

I was thinking of putting this up.

Thanks.

Supports KK in every way.