They are getting ready to blame KK for less transfer money (smoke, mirrors etc).

Parky

Guest icemanblue

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

He's doing f*** all to the fans :lol:

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

There's been nothing in the press about this for obvious reasons so a few people on here must have inside knowledge  :shifty:

about various things during his time here and from his own mouth. coupled with various mort quotes, he might find he hasnt much of a case.

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

But Mort was quick to play down that speculation, saying of Wise's role: "When we interviewed Kevin for the manager's position we said we wanted a particular structure in place with someone experienced working with the board, particularly on recruitment and developing the Academy.

"At that time we had narrowed it down to two or three names and we gave those names to Kevin. He knew the structure and the individuals involved and we wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it."

"I think it's positive," Keegan said, "as long as I can get on with my job and I get all the help I need as it has been put to me. You'd be a fool to say, 'I don't want that'.

"I talked with Dennis before the game and he wished us all the best. I knew he was one of two or three names put forward.

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in.

"I'm all for the changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"They want somebody on the board who understands football and Dennis Wise, whatever anybody wants to write about him, understands football. I know Dennis and I think it'll work very well. He'll report to me."

Wise, the former Chelsea captain, will be joined on Tyneside by Tony Jimenez as vice-president (player recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid to take up the position of technical co-ordinator.

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," Mort added

there's more about him wanting to break world transfer records even though he knows we cant. i'll find them later. feel free to dismiss these or twist to suit agenda.

How are those quotes incriminating?

:lol:

Beat me to it.

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

There's been nothing in the press about this for obvious reasons so a few people on here must have inside knowledge  :shifty:

about various things during his time here and from his own mouth. coupled with various mort quotes, he might find he hasnt much of a case.

Very much in the same way Mike "Yes, Keegan has full control.....oh wait, no he doesn't" Ashley lied.

It seems pretty clear to me that due to the fact it's being settled out of court your man Mike and his pals have realised that they're the ones who'd be over a barrell if it went any further.

True dat.

Word.  They're f***ed if Keegan comes out and confirms to us what we're already thinking.

Not true necessarily. The exact sequence of events that led to Keegan going is known only to those who were directly involved. It would come down to a court having to believe someone's word against the other party, and thats in both the constructive dismissal case and the breach of contract case. How can anyone predict who a court would believe in those circumstances? Both parties are on risk of losing, which is why a settlement is the way it is going.   

I think any court would find for Keegan with the evidence that is in the public domain.

Mike lied, kids. Mike lied...

Guest The Libertine

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

When Keegan was asked about reports linking him with a return to Newcastle as director of football under then-manager Sam Allardyce, he said: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who is going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen and the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it.

"The chairman, who is not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it, too. It doesn't work."

But Mort was quick to play down that speculation, saying of Wise's role: "When we interviewed Kevin for the manager's position we said we wanted a particular structure in place with someone experienced working with the board, particularly on recruitment and developing the Academy.

"At that time we had narrowed it down to two or three names and we gave those names to Kevin. He knew the structure and the individuals involved and we wanted to make sure he was comfortable with it."

"I think it's positive," Keegan said, "as long as I can get on with my job and I get all the help I need as it has been put to me. You'd be a fool to say, 'I don't want that'.

"I talked with Dennis before the game and he wished us all the best. I knew he was one of two or three names put forward.

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in.

"I'm all for the changes, it's not a problem, I approve of them. We had this discussion when I took the job.

"They want somebody on the board who understands football and Dennis Wise, whatever anybody wants to write about him, understands football. I know Dennis and I think it'll work very well. He'll report to me."

Wise, the former Chelsea captain, will be joined on Tyneside by Tony Jimenez as vice-president (player recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid to take up the position of technical co-ordinator.

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," Mort added

there's more about him wanting to break world transfer records even though he knows we cant. i'll find them later. feel free to dismiss these or twist to suit agenda.

called himself a fool, mort says keegan knew the system keegan now claims he didnt know about and he wanted wise here.

i see you chose dismiss.

Guest Chris P

So we believe the bit about the budget being cut because of KK, but not the bit about the £30m?

Llambias has specifically referred to both the Jonas and the Keegan settlements and their effect on the finances. Nowhere has he said that Ashley will fund anything other than the clubs past, present and future trading losses which were £30 million in 2007, £20 million in 2008, and expected to reduce to £7 million in 2009. If you want to believe that we are going to spunk £30 million on the squad in the summer please do so, but the club has said nothing whatsoever that points at that happening.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Very much in the same way Mike "Yes, Keegan has full control.....oh wait, no he doesn't" Ashley lied.

It seems pretty clear to me that due to the fact it's being settled out of court your man Mike and his pals have realised that they're the ones who'd be over a barrell if it went any further.

True dat.

Word.  They're f***ed if Keegan comes out and confirms to us what we're already thinking.

Not true necessarily. The exact sequence of events that led to Keegan going is known only to those who were directly involved. It would come down to a court having to believe someone's word against the other party, and thats in both the constructive dismissal case and the breach of contract case. How can anyone predict who a court would believe in those circumstances? Both parties are on risk of losing, which is why a settlement is the way it is going.   

I think any court would find for Keegan with the evidence that is in the public domain.

NO! Dont say that, the Mike Ashley Fan Boys will cry!!!

Guest icemanblue

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

called himself a fool, mort says keegan knew the system keegan now claims he didnt know about and he wanted wise here.

i see you chose dismiss.

I think you're getting yourself a little mixed up, pal. Have a read through the quotes again.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

i see you chose dismiss.

No mention of what the 'structure' is, just a vague mention from Mort that one is actually in place. The majority of people assumed that said structure was that Wise, Vetere and Jiminez would identify players and that KK would have the final say and that's how it was presented be people at the club too.

Ashley coming out and telling fans the Keegan buys the players and Wise is only concerned with bringing in half a dozen youngsters a season and then saying the complete opposite once Keegan had walked is ten times more incriminating. MA stitched himself up with that'un.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

i see you chose dismiss.

No mention of what the 'structure' is, just a vague mention from Mort that one is actually in place. The majority of people assumed that said structure was that Wise, Vetere and Jiminez would identify players and that KK would have the final say and that's how it was presented be people at the club too.

Ashley coming out and telling fans the Keegan buys the players and Wise is only concerned with bringing in half a dozen youngsters a season and then saying the complete opposite once Keegan had walked is ten times more incriminating. MA stitched himself up with that'un.

The mother of all backtracks from MA.  :aww:

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

True dat.

At the very least I hope to have destroyed the semi-on the constantly nurse for the debt, or lack of it.

"Phwoar! Look at the books. There's not a red mark on 'em!"

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

True dat.

:sadnod: :weep:

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

True dat.

At the very least I hope to have destroyed the semi-on the constantly nurse for the debt, or lack of it.

"Phwoar! Look at the books. There's not a red mark on 'em!"

:laughterisnotargumentation:

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in."

"There's been no deception, it's been very open. I'm fine. I pretty much know, from conversations we've had, what Dennis is going to do and the idea, in principle, is very good, to go and look for new players, to bring a lot of youngsters in."

Youngsters?  :shifty:

Guest The Libertine

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

i see you chose dismiss.

would they just say "oh there'll be a structure you'll have to abide by, more on that later"? he knew what is was and agreed to it. simple.

maybe that was the original plan until keegan started asking him to break world records, which we obviously cant do?

To go and look for new players. Not the same as buying them with so much as a by-your-leave

I would sue Newcastle United for that sort of cash, only the mega rich or stupid would not.

It is rather sad that KK joins SBR as a former manager who has to sue the club for cash, while the likes of Souey & Sam got paid up not problem.

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

i see you chose dismiss.

would they just say "oh there'll be a structure you'll have to abide by, more on that later"? he knew what is was and agreed to it. simple.

maybe that was the original plan until keegan started asking him to break world records, which we obviously cant do?

How do you know that he knew? Were you there? If he knew then why apparently did Mike Ashley not know, considering it is his club?

As for the 'world record transfer fees' and bids for shit players, haven't some members of both the local and national press confirmed that story was put about by Jiminez?

To go and look for new players. Not the same as buying them with so much as a by-your-leave

Of course not but it does suggest that Keegan wouldnt be choosing the 'possibles' and is consistent with all the statements around  the 'transfers-in' last summer. In fact that statement is perfectly consistent with the idea that Wise would identify new players and Keegan would approve them.

What you dont know is how Keegan then acted in the summer when presented with the possibles. There was a suggestion he wouldnt play ball as he wanted to identify his own targets. This is INCONSISTENT with the above statement.

The only issue is the Milner transer out in this regard.

Guest The Libertine

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1227633,00.html

no mention of keegan buying players. how odd.

Of course not but it does suggest that Keegan wouldnt be choosing the 'possibles' and is consistent with all the statements around  the 'transfers-in' last summer. In fact that statement is perfectly consistent with the idea that Wise would identify new players and Keegan would approve them.

What you dont know is how Keegan then acted in the summer when presented with the possibles. There was a suggestion he wouldnt play ball as he wanted to identify his own targets. This is INCONSISTENT with the above statement.

The only issue is the Milner transer out in this regard.

My understanding to add to this particular caveat are the Nacho and Xisco transfers.

Plus the fannying around with the Owen contract, something KK harped on about endlessly, seems to me they only listened to him when it suited.

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

Chairman Chris Mort said: "This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the Club as manager.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the Club, were that the Club would benefit from having a football person involved at Board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a Board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United Football Club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

Probably because clasically that's what managers do :lol:

Where's that Wise quote where he clearly says he would run everything past KK? Why would he say that if his remit was so clear...running the show an all.

You have to make you're mind up..Was/is Wise in total control of player transfers?

Guest The Libertine

+ keegan lied.

About what? Source?

Show us where he lied.

after a brief search,

i see you chose dismiss.

How do you know that he knew? Were you there? If he knew then why apparently did Mike Ashley not know, considering it is his club?

As for the 'world record transfer fees' and bids for shit players, haven't some members of both the local and national press confirmed that story was put about by Jiminez?

ah, the old "were you there?" argument. mort said keegan knew, keegan said he knew. end of?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60446.msg1719304.html#msg1719304 - the quotes in there back up the story.