They are getting ready to blame KK for less transfer money (smoke, mirrors etc).

Parky

This is like a western style shoot out, sadly no guns just quotes and half truths.

And what the literalists amongst us fail to recognise is that they are analysing a dynamic situation which evolved over time.

Therefore, quotes become outdated and irrelevant over time as the situation evolved.

Agreement -> Situation -> change - > new situation - > old quote based on first agreement irrelevant.

What was the change?

Milner?

No, as i outlined at length at the time, Keegan's discontent surfaced a few months after he joined. By March, Louise Taylor and her colleague at the Mail were referring to Keegan's discontent. This was seen publically for the first time after the home defeat against Chelsea.

This discontent continued over the summer with repeated stories in the press and the infamous (and unreported press conference) at Newcastle airport where he refused to say anything on the record.

The milner transfer was only a glint in O'Neil's watery eye at this time.

There have been some hair-raising goings-on outside the castle at Elsinore. As the terrified Horatio and Marcellus look on, the ghost of the recently deceased king appears to Prince Hamlet. The spirit beckons Hamlet offstage, and the frenzied prince follows after, ordering the witnesses to stay put. They quickly decide to tag along anyway—it's not "fit" to obey someone who is in such a desperate state. In this confused exchange, Marcellus's famous non sequitur sustains the foreboding mood of the disjointed and mysterious action. And it reinforces the point and tone of some of Hamlet's earlier remarks—for example, that Denmark is "an unweeded garden" of "things rank and gross in nature" (Act 1, scene 2). When his father's ghost tells him his chilling tale in scene 5, the prince will realize just how rotten things really are in Denmark.

Is that a quote from the proposed Skelbred transfer?

:snod: :razz:

Xisco and Nacho are in fact perfect metaphors for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

:kinnear:

....and KK said unto them:

"I will tell you why; so shall my anticipation

prevent your discovery, and your secrecy to the king

and queen moult no feather. I have of late--but

wherefore I know not--lost all my mirth, forgone all

custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily

with my disposition that this goodly frame, the

earth, seems to me a sterile promontory, this most

excellent canopy, the air, look you, this brave

o'erhanging firmament, this majestical roof fretted

with golden fire, why, it appears no other thing to

me than a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.

What piece of work is a man! how noble in reason!

how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how

express and admirable! in action how like an angel!

in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the

world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me,

what is this quintessence of dust? man delights not

me: no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling

you seem to say so."

Not evil, but if Ashley is proven to be trying to fleece the club for money, at least he never came out with the 'I'd only do what's best for the club' line...

It's sickening to think that someone who claims to 'understand' this club, would do this to the fans.

Naturally, his other business activities have no impact upon his decisions whatsoever. This is a fact.

He's doing fuck all to the fans :lol:

Ashley employed him, Ashley lied, Keegan walked, Ashley threatened Keegan with legal action of the clause saying he had to pay him X amount, Keegan takes them to court citing constructive dismissal.

+ keegan lied.

well, if he did, it will go to court won't it ?

Whats the odds that it will be settled out of court by soopa Mike to pay him off so we don't find out.

You're fast joining the ranks of the other clowns lad.

Keegans got a lot of bottle to sue someone if he's basing his case on lies. Generally i've heard that doesn't wash too well in the courts.

Or he's too stubborn to back down even though its going to cost him, ie soccer circus failure.

Keegans got a lot of bottle to sue someone if he's basing his case on lies. Generally i've heard that doesn't wash too well in the courts.

Or he's too stubborn to back down even though its going to cost him, ie soccer circus failure.

Must have a piss poor team representing him then because they're going to look very foolish.

Must have a piss poor team representing him then because they're going to look very foolish.

Ambulance chasers; probably doing a 2-4-1 on this and his speeding fine, a BOGOF offer.

Ambulance chasers; probably doing a 2-4-1 on this and his speeding fine, a BOGOF offer.

If only Lionel Hutz was real eh?

I haven't read through all five pages yet so I might be missing some crucial information but Keegan is only going to get that sort of compensation if he can prove his case fairly convincingly. If he does then Ashley will need to explain how such a costly mistake was made by the club.

If only Lionel Hutz was real eh?

If only Phil Hartman was still alive :(  :weep:

Pretty selective reading mind. What about this bit?

Ashley is also, according to managing director Derek Llambias, willing to put in as much as £15m of his own money each season, which would give Joe Kinnear – assuming he returns to work following a triple heart-bypass operation – around £30m to play with.

Very selective.

There is no plan for Kinnear to get a net spend of £30 million in the summer, regardless of the outcome of Keegan's settlement, and nothing that Llambias has said points to that happening.

Have you been in the boardroom meetings recently then?

Funny how we tend to believe the press when it's negative and not when it says something like that.

It's a nonsense sentence. By that same token, we'll also be shelling out money for Luque et al from that 'Summer kitty'. Furthermore, it's the first time I've ever encountered the figure '£15m'. Just yesterday I heard Llambias, with my own ears, say '£5m to £10m a season' - a reduction on the original figure of £20m. Finally, regarding this figure's use, it assumes it all goes into transfer spending this Summer, not having previously been dipped into, nor earmarked for next January, nor - most importantly - spent on our apparently serious debts. There has never been any indication that Ashley intends to 'plough' this sum into the club's transfers while separately loaning it money for running costs.

If Keegan doesn't have a chance, why are the club not taking it the distance?

They'd save a load of money, prove to the world that they were right and probably get a shitload of fans back onside.

Indeed. If they're in the right, they should hang him out to dry for the good of the club, in my view.

Indeed. If they're in the right, they should hang him out to dry for the good of the club, in my view.

Dont be crazy. As if Ashley is thinking of 'hanging Keegan out to dry' after the reaction of the fans to him leaving.

PR disaster.

Dont be crazy. As if Ashley is thinking of 'hanging Keegan out to dry' after the reaction of the fans to him leaving.

PR disaster.

Turn of phrase which seemed appropriate as I was thinking back to their 'FACT' phase. If they're in the right, they should set about demonstrating it as clearly as possible so as to nullify that reaction you speak of. It still hangs over the club, we've lived through the PR disaster - I dare say it can't get any worse, as I think going forwards, things that are going to drive attendances down and generally upset the support are going to relate far more to their overall running of the club (appearing to seriously consider Kinnear the long-term manager of the club etc.). 'Out of court settlements' and silence are going to be for the worse, if they're serious about wanting to drive this club on with the spirit it possessed not so long ago - succeeding in justifying their behaviour in September, both legally and morally, would do them a huge amount of good.

PR disaster.

Turn of phrase which seemed appropriate as I was thinking back to their 'FACT' phase. If they're in the right, they should set about demonstrating it as clearly as possible so as to nullify that reaction you speak of. It still hangs over the club. 'Out of court settlements' and silence are going to be for the worse, if they're serious about wanting to drive this club on with the spirit it possessed not so long ago.

In a case like this where much depends on hearsay I'd be amazed if either side could be sure of hanging the other out to dry tbh.

If Keegan doesn't have a chance, why are the club not taking it the distance?

They'd save a load of money, prove to the world that they were right and probably get a shitload of fans back onside.

Of course he has a chance, you always have a chance in court if you've got a good lawyer, no matter how ridiculous your claim is.

PR disaster.

Turn of phrase which seemed appropriate as I was thinking back to their 'FACT' phase. If they're in the right, they should set about demonstrating it as clearly as possible so as to nullify that reaction you speak of. It still hangs over the club, we've lived through the PR disaster - I dare say it can't get any worse, as I think going forwards, things that are going to drive attendances down and generally upset the support are going to relate far more to their overall running of the club (appearing to seriously consider Kinnear the long-term manager of the club etc.). 'Out of court settlements' and silence are going to be for the worse, if they're serious about wanting to drive this club on with the spirit it possessed not so long ago.

On a personal level, I agree with you.

I dont think a lot of other fans would accept Keegan getting another fucking over from the club, nor do i think the club's hierarchy understands where some fans (the open-minded ones) are with regards to the whole debate.

Nobody wins in a case like this, except financially.

Win, lose or settle, Keegan has hit Newcastle when they're down with a court case they didn't need at the worst time... he has gone down in my estimation for that.

Win, lose or settle, the club will look like they are victimising a geordie legend and/or they've been lying all along.

Depressing really.

PR disaster.

Turn of phrase which seemed appropriate as I was thinking back to their 'FACT' phase. If they're in the right, they should set about demonstrating it as clearly as possible so as to nullify that reaction you speak of. It still hangs over the club, we've lived through the PR disaster - I dare say it can't get any worse, as I think going forwards, things that are going to drive attendances down and generally upset the support are going to relate far more to their overall running of the club (appearing to seriously consider Kinnear the long-term manager of the club etc.). 'Out of court settlements' and silence are going to be for the worse, if they're serious about wanting to drive this club on with the spirit it possessed not so long ago.

I dont think a lot of other fans would accept Keegan getting another fucking over from the club, nor do i think the club's hierarchy understands where some fans (the open-minded ones) are with regards to the whole debate.

I might be wrong, but my judgement is most of those who would have a support-ending reaction to Keegan getting fucked already have done, though it might make some others feel temporarily sore again. Still, making a triage judgement, I also think it would make many feel less sore about the previous fucking - and for yet more, it would dispel some of the fog that has surrounded the regime's motivations since it all took place. People won't keep looking back to that period wondering what took place and whether it means the regime do or don't deserve faith over future matters.

Agreed on your last point about the club not understanding. They seem to be consistently clueless as to what people want out of the club.

PR disaster.

I might be wrong, but my judgement is most of those who would have a support-ending reaction to Keegan getting fucked already have done, though it might make some others feel temporarily sore again. Still, making a triage judgement, I also think it would make many feel less sore about the previous fucking - and for yet more, it would dispel some of the fog that has surrounded the regime's motivations since it all took place. People won't keep looking back to that period wondering what took place and whether it means the regime do or don't deserve faith over future matters.

Agreed on your last point about the club not understanding. They seem to be consistently clueless as to what people want out of the club.

Exactly and it's a disgrace really because it's not a difficult thing to find out. I'm sure they could create a department or even just a single role at the club which was based around "customer feedback" at all levels. Perhaps they don't care or perhaps they think they can get by without it, but if they'd done something like this from the get-go (similar to Lerner at Villa in regards to getting more involved with your supporters) then a lot of the major negatives of their reign could have been easily avoided.

Incredibly frustrating.