Hughton and Calderwood

TRon

The board have entrusted these two with our Premiership survival rather than appoint a firefighter like Venables or make a move for a permanent appointment with Kinnear laid up. Are they up to the job? In their favour two games, four points.

Against? We'll find out next few games I think.

The board have entrusted these two with our Premiership survival rather than appoint a firefighter like Venables or make a move for a permanent appointment with Kinnear laid up. Are they up to the job? In their favour two games, four points.

Against? We'll find out next few games I think.

Venables ! Surely hes a cockney. Hes also been involved in shady dealings in the past, so will no doubt have mafia links aswell.

Right now the best we can do, as said, at least they know the squad.

Hoping (without much reason) that Calderwood is what the backroom staff have been missing, especially when KK departed and Hughton had the team himself.

Shocking team selection, indecisive use of substitutions, unnecessarily playing footballers out of their natural position, not able to impose any style or game plan from what I could see today, and absolutely no passion or motivational ability whatsoever. If teams reflect their managers, then I'd say Newcastle were a fair reflection of Hughton today.

Whoever decided Martins for Viduka needs sacking. It doesn't make any sense at all.

If someone asked me at that stage of the game "what could you do to throw away the game today without it being completely obvious" that would have probably been my answer.

Whoever decided Martins for Viduka needs sacking. It doesn't make any sense at all.

If someone asked me at that stage of the game "what could you do to throw away the game today without it being completely obvious" that would have probably been my answer.

Ameobi shouldn't have started today, never mind played the full 90 mins. We had Viduka and Martins fit and ready for the last two weeks FFS.

It wasn't just that though, everything about us was full of fear and tension, and we played how Chris hughton looks.

I am not sure exactly how fit Viduka is, even if he has been "available" for 2 weeks it doesn't mean he is fit enought to last 45/60/90 minutes (he isn't exactly Dyer/Bowyer) so I can't slate the management for starting him. Finishing with him though when Martins looked fine is fucking pathetic.

I am not sure exactly how fit Viduka is, even if he has been "available" for 2 weeks it doesn't mean he is fit enought to last 45/60/90 minutes (he isn't exactly Dyer/Bowyer) so I can't slate the management for starting him. Finishing with him though when Martins looked fine is fucking pathetic.

Should have been Lovenkrands and Martins with Lua Lua wide right imo. The Bolton defence aren't exactly whippets but what they can do all day long is head aimless long balls away.

Did anyone else notice how everything came down the left hand side? Hardly surprising when Ryan Taylor and Lovenkrands aren't midfielders but were played there totally unnecessarily. Both are on record as saying they don't like playing there as well so it's hardly surprising this was the worst football we've seen from a United midfield that has been shocking all season.

Should have been Lovenkrands and Martins with Lua Lua wide right imo. The Bolton defence aren't exactly whippets but what they can do all day long is head aimless long balls away.

I would have gone with that but I can understand why a manager would go with experience, even if they are a bit shit over throwing a kid in. Especially in this sort of game.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have no doubt that if these pair are in charge for the rest of the season, we will no longer be a preniership team!