R Taylor     Geremi  Smith       Jonas

Ameobi

What I wish we were able to play:

Harper

Beye      Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Barton       Nolan     Jonas

Owen 

Martins      Carroll/Duke

You are praying for Geremi and Smith to start in centre mid??

Team I pray for:

Harper

R Taylor   Coloccini  Bassong Enrique

Lua Lua     Geremi      Smith    Jonas

Martins

Viduka

What I fear they'll play:

Harper

S Taylor   Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Cacapa

R Taylor     Geremi  Smith       Jonas

Ameobi

What I wish we were able to play:

Harper

Beye      Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Barton       Nolan     Jonas

Owen 

Martins      Carroll/Duke

You are praying for Geremi and Smith to start in centre mid??

Who do you consider play CM?

Harper

S.Taylor  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Geremi

Smith                      Jonas

Lovenkrands                      Martins

Viduka

We need to play kinda away tactics here with a narrow width and defensive approach as overall and hit back with fast counters. Sure it won't be nice to watch but like we have any other way to get anything from this match! I doubt we'd be able to get something from this even with a full strenght squad not to mention the one available :-[

1-3 looks like the most probable outcome with Rooney having another stormer against us.

Harper

Geremi

Lovenkrands                       Martins

Viduka

We need to play kinda away tactics here with a narrow width and defensive approach as overall and hit back with fast counters. Sure it won't be nice to watch but like we have any other way to get anything from this match! I doubt we'd be able to get something from this even with a full strenght squad not to mention the one available :-[

1-3 looks like the most probable outcome with Rooney having another stormer against us.

I like this as well to be honest but would be worried about getting exposed out wide due to Lovenkrands/Martins not tracking back.

If we play that formation then you'd want Taylor, Smith and Geremi in the middle with Jonas on the wing where Ronaldo is playing if you ask me. Martins up top and Lovenkrands off him. Or just a 4-4-1-1 like Keegan deployed at Old Trafford.

Harper

Geremi

Viduka

I like this as well to be honest but would be worried about getting exposed out wide due to Lovenkrands/Martins not tracking back.

If we play that formation then you'd want Taylor, Smith and Geremi in the middle with Jonas on the wing where Ronaldo is playing if you ask me. Martins up top and Lovenkrands off him. Or just a 4-4-1-1 like Keegan deployed at Old Trafford.

I'd stick with what Beezeri posted, but with R.Taylor instead of Smith. He can deliver a set piece ten times better than the rest of our team put together, and with Martins knowing how to get on the end of corners and Jonas being the most fouled player in the league per played minute, we need him on the pitch IMO.

Harper

Geremi

Viduka

I'd stick with what Beezeri posted, but with R.Taylor instead of Smith. He can deliver a set piece ten times better than the rest of our team put together, and with Martins knowing how to get on the end of corners and Jonas being the most fouled player in the league per played minute, we need him on the pitch IMO.

No Ryan Taylor? our only decent crosser of the ball.

Harper

Smith

Taylor                      Jonas

Lovenkrands                      Martins

Viduka

Harper

Geremi

Viduka

SKIIRGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  :kinnear:

Guest Immsy7

Harper

R. Taylor S. Taylor Bassong Enrique

Coloccini

Geremi          Smith

Jonas                              Lovenkrands

Martins

Why not? Will never happen though.

Anyway...we will win 2-1. Jonas double :D

Harper

Geremi

Viduka

Harper

Smith

Viduka

Did you read my post man? :lol:

Harper

Geremi

Viduka

Harper

Smith

Viduka

Did you read my post man? :lol:

I did but yours was not the original post suggesting no R. Taylor :lol:

I just think if we go into the game with a negitve view then we will get slaughterd, cannot see us getting anything anyway but I would rather we got beat at least having a go.

Harper, S. Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong, Enrique, R. Taylor, Smith, Geremi, Jonas, Viduka, Martins.

4-4-2. Have a f***ing crack at them.

Won't happen though, but that's the best XI I can cobble together out of what's available... Smith/Geremi in the centre is pretty horrific like.

That's all I ask for.

I don't see the point in repeatedly saying things like "We're gonna lose 9-0", "We'll be lucky to keep the score in single figures" - so fuck.

If we know we're expected to/going to lose, we've got nothing to lose. Let's have a fucking go at them. I'd sooner that then just surrender from the start.

Keegan or not, we're the only side to take anything from Old Trafford this season. Let's nick another one off them!

Guest quklaani

In case anyone was wondering.

VDS

O'shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Park

Rooney Berbatov

Theres a slim chance Ronaldo will be rested though, and O'shea might not be fit so the only vaguely still alive Neville would play,

0-4 or 1-1, I really think either we'll score early and you'll fall apart, or it'll be a frustrating (for me obviously) draw.

His set-pieces and crossing in general didn't impress me against Bolton and I wouldn't put him in a central role either. We need someone to hold up the ball and make easy passes which is Geremi from all the available players IMO. One headless chicken running around is enough in Smith

Guest Stephen927

Agree with those saying we should have a go. If we sit back we'll be inviting far too much pressure and I don't fancy our luck with them kind of tactics.

Might as well have a go and create our own luck, attack is the best form of defense as they say.

Can see it being the Champions of Europe v League Two quality opposition employing desperate long ball hit and hope type tactics...  :undecided:

Our last home games against Man U

2007/08 lost 1-5 Faye

2006/07 drew 2-2 Milner, Edgar

2005/06 lost 0-2

2004/05 lost 1-3 Shearer

2003/04 lost 1-2 Shearer

2002/03 lost 2-6 Jenas, Ameobi

Just fills ya with confidence doesn't it?  :bluestar:

We usually manage to luck one goal in so I'm going with an 1-3 prediction.

Remember Arsenal at home last season? We were at Allardyce's low point but out of no where turned out a fighting performance and nicked the draw despite having gone one down early. Alan Smith had his best game (probably his only good game period) in a toon shirt.

Maybe it could happen again tomorrow.

Maybe.

:no: