Aye I'm gonna make a thread...

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

...right we all saw how poor we were today and how really we just bypassed the midfield which played right into their hands as they defend deep anyway, so if the ball wasn't inch perfect it would trickle through to Jasskalinen.

I honestly think there's a bit of kneejerking going on and that we'll be playing Leeds in a matter of months is a bit crazy, we are a good side with players missing. However in my personal opinion we have one major problem and it was to do with the long balls.

And that's where the problem lies, we lack ball playing midfielders, you look at any team in the league pretty much they all have midfielders who can or will come and get the ball from the defenders and look forward. Be it, Fabregas, Richardson, Modric, Carrick it doesn't matter, we need players like that, who will come take the ball and look forward, to often we have midfielders who play like Didi Hamman did for city last year, just ticking midfielders they get the ball and move it on to the better players, slight problem being we don't have any of those midfielders.

Butt and Geremi can only ever operate in a 5 man midfield, be it infront of the defence or along side 2 others. If we intend to go 4-4-2 you need someone with energy or someone who can pass forward, so today we really should gave gone Taylor, Geremi, because Geremi can pass forward.

We have much the same problem, it's just hidden slightly by an excellent defence and team spirit.

Some of our play (e.g. yesterday) is just abysmal. Simple passes are seemingly not an option.

Guest Heneage

We have much the same problem, it's just hidden slightly by an excellent defence and team spirit.

Some of our play (e.g. yesterday) is just abysmal. Simple passes are seemingly not an option.

I mean its not the end of the world for us at least, we have Barton to come back and Nolan and Guthrie. It says a lot when you are playing a Right back at Centre mid. We clearly need depth in the summer and better players, but I think maybe if we had Nolan we may have won today, I just think there's 2 players that need to be dropped.

The results you lot grind out are down to your manager, you may have key players missing but Moyes always sorts out a way of playing that is hard to break down and is competitive. Even when you had that seriously shyte season  four or so years back you were still hard to beat. And that year Moyes wouldn't have got past January if he'd been here.

Guest Stephen927

This is why it's absolutely crucial that we get Barton and Guthrie back ASAP and hope they form a good understanding.

You have one who will sit and keep the play ticking over (Guthrie) and one who will be more offensive (Barton).

You would think though at most Premiership footballers would be able to pass and move, it's the most basic of things we're getting wrong or just not doing. No one seems to show themselves for the ball so it ends up going long or aimless into a neutral area in the hope that someone goes and gets it before the defender.

Hit and miss football which is the reason why we are where we are.

Yeah, for much of the game today, we were either incapable or unwilling to pass the ball through the midfield. It was only in the last half hour, when Bolton stopped pushing forward, that we kept the ball on the deck. It's important because Shola isn't good in the air, despite his height, and we keep possession far more easily when we play the ball into his feet.

The absence of both Guthrie and Barton is hitting us hard in this respect.

Guest Heneage

Fingers crossed Mr Guthrie Barton and Nolan are back asap.

Are one of these going to manage us?

Leaders on the pitch. Remember Chelsea under Grant, many said that team picked and managed itself. I think Our team has enough left to survive.

Leaders on the pitch. Remember Chelsea under Grant, many said that team picked and managed itself. I think Our team has enough left to survive.

unfortunately, the players are suffering from the same level of delusion as you Nixon, untill people wake up, we are FUCKED.

Guthrie isn't a leader on the pitch.

Has to be Nolan/Barton centre mid when they both are avail this season. Both are leaders and Barton can pass it a bit too.

The lack of leadership currently on the pitch is laughable

Guthrie isn't a leader on the pitch.

Has to be Nolan/Barton centre mid when they both are avail this season. Both are leaders and Barton can pass it a bit too.

The lack of leadership currently on the pitch is laughable

I agree completely on this, and it's a real problem. The most experienced players - Butt, Owen, Geremi, Colo - seem too quiet to be good leaders.

The Bolton goal would have been prevented with a bit of communication and initiative. Instead we have hesitation and people leaving it to others to take responsibility.

Guest Heneage

unfortunately, the players are suffering from the same level of delusion as you Nixon, untill people wake up, we are f***ed.

Planning your trip to Plymouth already?

unfortunately, the players are suffering from the same level of delusion as you Nixon, untill people wake up, we are f***ed.

if you like, but will you find your way in them rose tinted glasses.

Guest Heneage

See a cynic would call you a bottler writing us off with 10 games to go. I'm not saying its a concrete that we are staying up, but we are still a good way from going down.

See a cynic would call you a bottler writing us off with 10 games to go. I'm not saying its a concrete that we are staying up, but we are still a good way from going down.

Im a bottler, cos I said we need some leadership if we are to avoid going down, and disagree with you that we are a good team....Look at the fucking league table man....

Guest Heneage

Im a bottler, cos I said we need some leadership if we are to avoid going down, and disagree with you that we are a good team....Look at the f***ing league table man....

You sound more as someone who had already accepted we were down. I'm taking each game at a time.